"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Reason why some advice never works for you?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Thanks Comote, I'm feeling quite positive this time too.

Point taken about the DJ and alpha thing, and you are right. I've probably been trying too hard to act alpha or like a DJ that I never quite got it.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
417
Reaction score
7
Comote is right. But I think I'll expand for the sake of clearing up a few things that probably go unnoticed or aren't understood properly.

What is meant by "natural" for me as opposed to natural for naturals is exactly the same when you get accustomed to being congruent in your actions, everyday talk, and personality. It all vibes together quite nicely, just like a natural does.

When I'm out having fun and chatting up a girl, I may be doing things that if you watched me you would accuse me of being challenging, aloof, extra touchy-feely, or talkative. But these aren't techiniques to me. They are natural to me. These things that I do are part of me and my personality. By having done these actions for such a long time, growing as a person, and developing the proper mentality I "naturally" became the person I've always known was inside me.

Just recently I was walking around at the grocery store and three girls were together talking and whatnot. I made some smalltalk and joked around a little bit. When I went to walk away I overheard one of them make a comment along the lines of "I like the way his butt moves when he walks." Not knowing I heard them talking about me, I turned around and without missing a beat responded with "yeah, it took a lot or practice to make it look that good (with an added wink)." Not exactly the best line, but some of you guys probably would take that as a ****y and funny response. But it wasn't. It was just me being me. No technique, just my natural personality.

When you can reach the level of comfort with yourself to be 100% at ease, you no longer think "what am I going to do next, say next, or where will I touch her next?" You just do it because you feel like it. It's what you want to do, so you do it.

thecraftylefty
 
Top