Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Really, why do they stop texting mid-convo?

Richmond69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do women (and people in general) just stop texting u back mid-conversation? Ok so I've read some stuff about this when looking for he answer to my question. I've heard stuff like they're doing a test, they're not interested, they're bored of the conversation etc. Am I right in these are pretty much the reasons? Cause I swear when people in general do this it annoys me, when a girl I like does it I get kinda pissed. I know I'm not supposed to and that I shouldn't care but deep down I still kinda do. Idk ive only had texting for like a year haha is this just a normal thing? Why do people do this? How do u make yourself really not care haha? Any advice on this topic or links to other threads on it will help.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you get boring.
Exactly!
Cause I swear when people in general do this it annoys me, when a girl I like does it I get kinda pissed. I know I'm not supposed to and that I shouldn't care but deep down I still kinda do. Idk ive only had texting for like a year haha is this just a normal thing? Why do people do this? How do u make yourself really not care haha? Any advice on this topic or links to other threads on it will help.
Forgive me for being harsh brother but you need to get a life! I mean seriously the only reason why it bothers you that they stop texting you is because these people are busy doing something else while you're laying on your bed with your cell in your hand waiting for their text!

Do you really expect people to just keep conversing with you through texts until you're satisfied? Conversations end and whoever ends them is usually the one that looks better.

Stop having conversations over texts and start calling women. Let them hear your voice and have it implanted in their mind. This is what gets them thinking about you.

I'm not saying never to text again but just keep texting to what it's good for which is giving her commands and quick stuff that is too short for you to give a call.

"meet me there at 5"
"i'll be there at 5"

short stuff like that which would save you time but if you're going to have long conversation get your voice in her brain and call her.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black Dog said:
Because you get boring.

NO.

I absolutely hate answers like this. Have we lost all respect for manners? Girls, well SOME of them, stop texting mid convo because they're arrogant, stuck up cvnts who get treated by most men like they sh!t strawberry flavored ice cream.

"uhhh cause u got boring"

give me a FVCKING break.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btownbuck2012 said:
NO.

I absolutely hate answers like this. Have we lost all respect for manners? Girls, well SOME of them, stop texting mid convo because they're arrogant, stuck up cvnts who get treated by most men like they sh!t strawberry flavored ice cream.

give me a FVCKING break.
Good answer, sometime it seems like guys are so used to being sh1tted on from women that they internalize the fact that in a way or an other its always their fault and not the girl to be a cvnt.

No surprise I see western guys in Riga or St. Petersburg dealing with eastern women and show on their faces the same look of a kid who ask a plastic airplane for xmas and instead
find a real airplane.

Wake the fvck up people, for real grow a pair and put those cvnts in their places....being pissed off when disrespected is not only right but also healthy.

tsarquise

Don Juan
Reaction score
btownbuck2012 said:
NO.

give me a FVCKING break.
Hahhaha I bet you DO know... You're in Bloomington just like me. There are some pretty stuck up chicks here man!

The other day I stopped and asked for this chicks name and she told me her name in a low, cold voice and just kept walking.

My reaction was just like "really?"

I'm a pretty good looking guy too.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be that she has other things to do. Plus, to rephrase the "you are boring her" point, you have to ask yourself if you're engaging her or just throwing questions or banal info at her.

Tread carefully man, because your post suggests you might be a bit on the needy side and if it shows in a post here it may possibly show in your text messages.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If they don't reply it's generally a sign of low interest, but just wait and see if she ever writes back. If she never writes back, well...

If you follow the rule of never double-texting, then texting can be a self-normalizing thing. Send her a message and wait (even 24 hours) for her reply. She calls this "giving her space" (which she loves).

Also, try ending the text thread mid conversation yourself. Maybe you keep it going forever so there is no end.

Richmond69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright alright that's good advice thank you. yeah i gotta keep my texting at a minimum now, I think that's where I really keep ****ing up. Like i do fine in person its when im home and bored as **** that i screw up. I dont just send random "hi" texts though haha. Its just in convo i probably text too much i guess idk. Is there another thread or somehing on just phone/texting advice or something haha? But like ****, I almost always text back even if its a boring convo and if I want to stop I'll just be like hey I gtg or something. Is that not what people do when texting? Like when ur talking on the phone u wouldn't just hang up randomly would u? Haha I need help

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should never be having long conversations on the phone wether through calls and especially not through text.

A phone should only be used as a bridge to bring the two of you together. Period. If you're constantly having lengthy chats via texts a girl will subconsciously know she can reach/have you whenever she wants which creates no mystery. She will opt for the guy who barely if ever exchanges more than a few texts.

I know because I used to be all about incessant texting thinking I need to continuously be funny or create attraction every second. It's too much work and it gives opposite results in most if not all cases.

Exchange a few playful texts get her to laugh and then set up a time and place for real conversations in person.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time if I ever stop texting back mid conversation is because I'm either busy (work, school, social life, other obligations), Phones dead, or I'm sleeping.

I never converse over text unless it's for meeting up with people, asking a basic question that I need an answer for, or business related stuff.. For example, I play in and manage a band and regularly talk to promoters via text. Personally, I'd rather just make a phone call but a lot of them prefer text.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares? If you're getting upset by what women do you're not in the right head-space.

One time years ago some chick emailed me on AFF. We were talking and she asked me to send her a pic of my ****. I did and she immediately stopped talking. I was like "Oh well," a couple of days later she emailed again saying sorry computer had died and she had to go out and buy a new one. We ended up hooking up.

Now that could have been very ego-crushing. You send a pic of your **** to a chick and suddenly she stops writing? But I just laughed it off.

The only time you should care what women are doing or thinking is if you think they're going to physically harm you, get pregnant, or other severely detrimental ****. Otherwise who cares?

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stop having text conversations? I usually stop responding once the main thing has been figured out (like, what time we're meeting up). Newer friends/girls might not get it the first few times, but eventually they'll adjust.

swolex

Reaction score
tsarquise said:
Hahhaha I bet you DO know... You're in Bloomington just like me. There are some pretty stuck up chicks here man!

The other day I stopped and asked for this chicks name and she told me her name in a low, cold voice and just kept walking.

My reaction was just like "really?"

I'm a pretty good looking guy too.

which tells you right there,statistically speaking the more women you talk to/hang out with the more of that will happen regardless of how fun and good looking you are...

lol see my post in here today...

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Richmond69,

The bigger question is, why do you sit around worried about when a text conversation is supposed to end?

I believe that texting should never go beyond 3 or 4 exchanges. Because frankly, unless you're setting up a date, it's a waste of time. A girl will engage in text conversations with you regardless of whether or not she's sexually interested. So it's not like texting with her is some indication of attraction.

If the conversation isn't going anywhere, then just stop responding. It's not like a phone where you have to say "bye" at the end. If a chick is texting me, and the conversation is going nowhere, then I just end it.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
The bigger question is, why do you sit around worried about when a text conversation is supposed to end?

exactly, focus on building a strong foundation and worry less about minor nuisances like a chip in the paint or a creak in the floor boards.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do this to girls I'm not really interesting in all the time. I'll text them a little but I sometimes will drop off(If I'm doing something fun) or if there isn't much to go off of.

But I'm with the "you need to get a life." boat. You really do man. It shouldn't bug you that much. Talk to some diff girls then. It's just texting, you trying to have some deep talks or something?

Just call her if you want to talk to her that much. But yes, lack of interest / value in you.

swolex

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Richmond69,

I believe that texting should never go beyond 3 or 4 exchanges. Because frankly, unless you're setting up a date, it's a waste of time. A girl will engage in text conversations with you regardless of whether or not she's sexually interested. So it's not like texting with her is some indication of attraction.

If the conversation isn't going anywhere, then just stop responding. It's not like a phone where you have to say "bye" at the end. If a chick is texting me, and the conversation is going nowhere, then I just end it.

I do that with people in general,with texting there is hardly ever a bye or see you later... I hate talking on phone/texting in general...

Richmond69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha yeah I guess I can see where u guys r comin from with the no life thing. Haha that's so funny cause rereading my posts it does sound like that. Haha no this wasn't just about girls though, I meant everyone too. Like I don't even like it when a friend just cuts out. No its just if I need a question answered, I hate when people just stop texting u back. Haha it's not like I have these long convos either, the one that happened that cause me to post was only like 3 exchanges. Idk it just kinda bothers me when I need an answer to a question and whoever I'm texting just doesn't text back. Idk why it bothers me but it does haha, maybe it's just me.