"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

really look at the women you are interested in

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
I was at the gym yesterday, and for no reason at all I just started to rate the women I was looking at.

To my suprise, when I honestly rated them, they were alot lower than you would think.

There was this one girl who I have been paying attention to for around a week now, very tone, I would have said she was an 8-8.5 any other time.

Looking at her, she is a 7 at best, which isn't bad, but you get the point.


This girl who I don't have oneitis for, but is my main focus right now although i am talking to plenty of other girls, I would have said she was a 9.5 any other time, but when I think about it she is around an 7.5-8 depending on your tastes, which again istn't bad at all.


The funny thing is, the most attractive women I rated is my appartment manager, she is 27, short, about 105lbs, blonde hair. She gets an 8.5 in my book, simply because she looks just as good as the girl I just gave a 7.5 to but she is 7 years older. If she looked better without makeup she would probably even get a 9
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Why? Are you trying to convince yourself that you're really NOT interested in them? :confused:

The "rating" system is for bragging rights/giving buddies an idea of what you're hooking up with and that's about it. In truth, when it's you and the girl, there's really only two ratings, 1 - I'd mess with her, and 0 - I wouldn't mess with her.

There ARE subtle gradations to that, like there are some girls who you'd let give you a BJ but wouldn't actually f***, or kiss for that matter...but in reality it's either yes or no.

Don't try to convince yourself that you feel a way that you don't feel. You're just lying to yourself. If that "7" turns you on, go nail her. :p

And also remember that whatever you rate these women, someone else's scale is going to be radically different.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Just make sure that you apply the same lens when you take a look at urself
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
first, I don't think either of you "get it".


Instead of looking at an attractive women and spewing a number out, actually LOOK at her.

and as far as myself, I am a 7.5-8.5 depending on who you ask.
 

Legend

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Messages
874
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
NY/CT
Every single girl has something about them that makes them very sexy. It could be there eyes, nose, lips or entire face. Like in this one case:

there was this one girl that was kinda out of shape because she is lazy and had a lil junk food chunk on her, but man...her face is very sexy....im trying get her to work out because shes to young to be getting chubby.

Rating really is only between you and your friends as squirrels stated.


Anything below a 6 is never worth talking about
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Sure you can find flaws in anyone if you look hard enough if that's what you are getting at, and it's definitely a good thing that you don't pedstal women... but the harsher we judge others less we know about ourselves, and it's real easy to poop all over a person. Just make sure your ego doesn't blind you and you'll be cool.
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
very good point. What I do is I found a woman that I honestly think is an absolute 10 (Catherine Zeta-Jones) and I say to myself "okay, if CZJ is a 10, what would this girl be compared to her"
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
But you don't know what she really looks like... you get to see her after she had a TEAM of professionals working on her for HOURS and most of the times there was anouther team of cameramen/computer guys making sure that you see her from proper angles, lighting... the works!

Each woman is unique, so you should evaluate her accordingly
 

juanstepatatime

Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by squirrels
The "rating" system is for bragging rights/giving buddies an idea of what you're hooking up with and that's about it. In truth, when it's you and the girl, there's really only two ratings, 1 - I'd mess with her, and 0 - I wouldn't mess with her.

And also remember that whatever you rate these women, someone else's scale is going to be radically different.

I'd add a 1.5 - I'd mess with her if nobody was gonna find out if I did to that system... :D

Anyway, from what people post around here, you'd think that 90% of the women in the world were better looking than the other 50% so I'm not sure I understand y'all. (isn't a 5.5 defined as average?

I think we get hung up particular aspects of appearance that totally skew our 'ratings' anyway. E.g. you'd see a girl with a really tight ass and say "wow - 9", even with the ugly mug, then see someone with a perfect nose and say "wow - 9" even with that extra weight. If you don't like that kinda nose, or if you like a bigger butt, maybe they'd be 3s instead.
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
I don't want to sound "AFC" here, but why you so obsessed with LOOKS. When I read the subject I was expecting you to go into the woman's character and talk about how we should realise things about their personalities and how sometimes a woman's "rating" can go up just based on her personality.

Instead you just talk about how they don't LOOK as good as you think. Who cares how they look? I'm not saying I'd date UG's but stop worrying about looks. I think you're doing this because you don't want to be intimitated, JUST TALK TO THEM. And then find flaws in their personalities, that's MUCH less shallow ;). And still achieves the same affect of "removing her from the pedestal in your mind".

I.e "She has no sense of humour, she's not intelligent". Also a girls rating can go up, for me at least, if she's funny, or intelligent, good in bed :). 6's (average) can be good in bed cos' the guys can't get off on their looks alone :)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
my gosh guys, **** it, just **** it.

You can't tell if the women is a nobel prize winner by the way she looks, nor can you tell if she is a total ***** by the way the looks.
 
Top