"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Reality Check

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I've got this DJ stuff down in theory. I've boosted my confidence, I've been practising my talking, posture, eye contact and it's all working exceptionally well when I get the opportunity to talk to a woman.

However, I cannot see how approaching a stranger can work. I often see women looking at me and get a good vibe and feel confident I could get a date if only I could get talking to them. But here's the reality of the situation:

They're often in company, passing by or in a crowded place. It would literally require me to stop them or take them aside in order to make conversation and I'd have to start out with a pretty good reason for doing so.

It's not nervousness or fear of rejection holding me back, it's more...social customs and etiquette. If a stranger approaches you to "chat", that's usually considered weird.

So all this theory is great, but how do you approach a woman on a train, in the street or even in a bar while she's talking to friends, without having an "excuse" to talk to her?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I think trying to approach strangers with the mindset of trying to get a conversation going is difficult.

That may sound strange, but what I mean is that don't try to start conversations....let them happen. Look at the environment and ask open ended questions. I work in a store, and many people just start up convos with me....talk about anything within the environment.

Here's some examples

- easiest one is to make a comment about the weather, directions, time...
- I asked a couple of ladies where's cool to hang out on the street once, opened into a nice convo.
- I once heard a couple of ladies talk a different language, naturally I was interested and asked what that language was and the meaning....started into convo.

in all of those and other instances, I genuinely had an interest or question...I never wanted to start a convo...yet it just happened.

When you stop trying to make convos happen, and talk about whats around, they won't be so put off...and there won't be a strange vibe around it.

hope that helped
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Break the ice~

If you're sitting in a bar or something you might try http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48076

TheNonPedant gave some great advice for women who might just be passing by on the street as well.

Keep in mind, this might be awkward at first, but as a result of that not too many other guys will do it. You'll really be a stand out from the rest of the crowd.

:cool:
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Where are you guys from btw? Here in England I think we have a reputation for being rather socially reserved and very cynical, so even though these approaches sound really cool to me, they also seem a bit too idealistic.

If you stop to talk to someone in the street, I doubt they'll let you finish your sentence before cutting you off with "What are you selling?" or "I'm not interested". It's hard to make friendly conversation without having a purpose to talk to someone.

The reason I brought this topic up is because I'm kind of kicking myself as yesterday I passed this very attractive woman, exactly my type, and we locked eyes as we passed each other. I turned back to check her out and saw her doing the same (well, she looked back at me anyway). But we both continued walking opposite directions. There was nothing I could do aside from calling her back or rushing after her - and then what would I say if I did?
 

electron

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
Virtually Everywhere........
Well don't "rush" after but just maybe turn around and approach her, say you noticed her, thought she was kinda cute and wanted to meet her and say hi. Take it from there, what have you to lose all she can do is say no, at least that way you have no regrets and aren't left wondering "what if" This is how I approach these situations. I used to always do nothing, of course this will get you nowhere, destiny is in your hands, they aren';t going to approach you (normally) you have to create it.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

electron

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
Virtually Everywhere........
Its all a numbers game anyway....if you approach 100 girls your gonna score a number ____% of the time, but if you never approach any your succes will be zero as opposed to a higher number.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
There is a thread out here on "Cold Approaches" - search it!
My understanding is that "cold appraches" are rare in england. You missed an opportunity with the girl that gave you a second look - never never let that pass - you'll only have regrets!!! As you do now! In America cold approaches are the norm - if we wait to be properly introduced, we'll be waiting for a life time!!!
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
<New Mexico, U.S.A.

:cool:
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Does anyone know of any books on seduction written by an English author?

You see, I have been reading Ross Jeffries and although his theory is excellent, I don't believe his techniques can be applied without being blatantly obvious to a woman I'm talking to. A lot of British people are too guarded and cynical to let presuppositions and "weasel statements" pass.

Even if I tried one of his more subtle questions like "Have you ever been so fascinated with someone...etc?" I am certain she'd call me on it - and would probably feel I was insulting her intelligence.

In fact, I think someone like Ross Jeffries would get more slaps than phone numbers if he tried his techniques in Britain.
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
if you're a girl, think of all the unwanted advances you'd have to put up with from guys you simply were not interested in. Then, you walk by a guy you think is really cute and sexy, but alas, he has no balls and is afraid to say anything. If only he had said something, anything, she'd have encouraged him. Oh well, life goes on.

There is no magic phrase, posture, glare, hairstyle, clothing, or attitude that will guarantee success. There is however, one fool-proof method that will ensure failure, and that is to say or do nothing. Looks like you have mastered the latter. Perhaps you should try something else, anything else would be a drastic improvement.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Yes, I've been to England and it really does seem like it's more a cultural issue, this not-being-able-to-cold-approach stuff. In America women are quite used to it, and even like it. Americans as a whole are much more outgoing, forward, and "simple"/straightforward that you uptight Brits. :D



What I would suggest is this:


Try asking a woman a question under the pretext of asking for help. I remember being at Heathrow airport and I was at a magazine stand, trying to figure out the fvcking conversion from US dollars to Pound Sterling to by some reading material. I happend to see a hot English blonde next to me, so I just straight up asked her,


"Excuse me Miss, do you know how much this would be in US dollars?"


She responded well and looked interested, but I saw no point in starting up a conversation when my flight was leaving in 10 minutes and my gate was about 5 MILES away. I'll bet that I would've been able to number-close if I had more time (and if I were gonna stay in London to begin with!).



Anyway in America, being that formal, i.e. saying "Excuse miss, etc..." would be seen as very stiff/dorky. We normally just go with, "Hey" or even "Hey come here for a sec", and that works just fine. But I almost consciously factored in that using such casual lines to a Brit might offend them, so I used that line on the English blonde. She seemed taken by my manners, not to mention that perfect American English was coming out of the mouth of a 'Chinaman'! LOL! :D



Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by jakethasnake
my gate was about 5 MILES away.
hahaha, Heathrow huh? Yeah that place is fukcing HUGE!!!

As for England, I had NO problems there. Chicks actually bought me drinks :D

But in general I know how it is. Its the same here as in England, chicks are a little more uptight when appraoched by strangers. In US things are crazy, chicks seem to just be total fukcing hos!!! I went there and picked up about 20 times in 2 weeks. Me and a mate hired a hotel room about an hour before we went to a club so WHEN we picked up we could take them back there. Things in the US, especially LA are just too easy. I suppose the Aussie accent helps too :D
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
As far as cold approaches in the street. NEVER do them. I find I get PLENTY of opportunities in clubs, through friends, at parties and especially AT UNI!! My uni has highest ratio of HOTTEST CHICKS IN THE WORLD I think. It is renowned for having babes, and I can tell you (I HAVE HIGHHHHHHHH STANDARDS), it does NOT disappoint
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
To hell with it, I've been feeling gutsy lately so I think I'm going to try a cold approach very soon and just see what happens. If it doesn't work, at least I can evaluate what went wrong, learn from it and give some kind of feedback to the forum.

Maybe I can be the guy to develop a UK-specific guide to cold approaches. :)
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Dirtheart
To hell with it, I've been feeling gutsy lately so I think I'm going to try a cold approach very soon and just see what happens. If it doesn't work, at least I can evaluate what went wrong, learn from it and give some kind of feedback to the forum.

Maybe I can be the guy to develop a UK-specific guide to cold approaches. :)
no, no, no, you're missing the point.... don't try a cold approach... try a few hundred cold approaches... get it?

It's like learning to ride a bike... did you quit after your first fall? No, you jumped up and tried again, undaunted you eventually find success, now go for it, over and over.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

carbani

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Imagine that you already know them! If you would notice a girl that you met some time ago, then you'd approach her with no problem. So imagine that you already know her, approach, say "Hi", she'll reply, and then run a scenario you've prepeared before.

A few scenarios that work:
"Do I know you?" "No" "Oh, I'm DJ" "I'm HB" "Nice to meet you, HB"

or

"I'll have much free time this week, can you recommend something unusual to do in this city?" (if she doesn't know, followup with: "What would you do if you'd want to go out somewhere different?")

or anything else.

Don't worry about the followup, the most important thing is to approach!
 
Top