Ready to give up on her, should I?

aron77

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl is really f'ing with my mind and I need some serious help, otherwise I'm just moving on.

So long story short I met this girl in my mba classes about a year ago but I've acted like a total wuss and yet she seemed to keep coming, I'll spare the details but it seemed clear she was interested and persisted despite my mixed signals. Finally I asked her out a couple of months ago and she agreed but then cancelled the day of and I see on fb she posts a pic of some food at a restaurant @ some dude that night, very annoying. Blah blah blah she asked if I was going to this party on the last day of class so I did and hung out with her there but left me hanging on a text the next day by not responding at all so I quit contacting her and over a week later she called me out of the blue but I didn't answer. Anyways this led to me asking her out. She texted me in the week leading up to our date and seemed pretty interested but I called her the next day to confirm and she didn't answer so I sent a text and she didn't respond. I called her the next day with no answer. She ended up responding more than a day after the text and it seemed like she was cancelling, so I was ready to be done, but when I was trying to cordially yet with a I don't care attitude end the texting she kept texting and then confirmed. The date went well, a nice dinner, and I texted her the next day saying nice time do it again... and she agreed... Had some short texts thru the week and she tagged me in a fb post on thu but on fri I texted her asking how she was doing and she didn't respond for like 6 hours. When she does respond she just says, Hey aron77 how are you? I responded in kind 20 mins later and nothing after that. I wrote her off at that point and 5 days later she texted me, Whats up aron77?

So blah blah blah I asked her out again but on that text she took an hour to respond, so I really regretted it, but then responds saying her battery went dead and throws some days she is free out there. So we set up a date to go ice skating on xmas eve. We texted a little leading up to it and then on sunday I called to confirm with no answer, she has never answered on the 4 or 5 times I've called in the last couple months, so I sent a text to confirm. 5 hours later she texts me back saying she hurt her neck and back so she doesnt' know about ice skating. I didn't respond so an hour later she texts saying we can still go to lunch or dinner. I'm so sick of being left hanging on texts so I just never responded and that is pretty much where it is at now. I'm just ready to move on cuz she doesn't seem that interested. Should I just write her off?

I have no idea where I stand with her. She has done plenty to make me think she is intersted but then she leaves me hanging on texts frequently, sometimes 5 hours to a full day to respond and sometimes not at all, and doens't answer when I call so I now she doesn't seem interested. Then whenever I cut her off she eventually texts me so then I start thinking she is intersted until she leaves me hanging again. And like on the date we went on I thought she was cancelling and I gave her every out cuz I was done but she kept texting and got a little pissy that she thought i was cancelling then that date seemed to go well. Idk I'm confused. I know I acted horribly bad in the beginning but since then I've played it pretty cool and I certainly haven't been all up in her grill or anything.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it sounds like you are "Plan B", or maybe one of several plates. She doesn't want to burn any bridges with you, but it is obvious that if something else comes along that she prefers to do, you get bumped right off the schedule.

I'd let her go. It sounds like you're more interested in her than she is in you. Free your mind and your schedule -- and find someone better! :cool:

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo bruh, listen to me MOVE ON, go no contact. Just like gambler said you like plan B. You situation is exactly like mines was a year ago. Guess what? I got oneitis for her. If you continue to give in your gona get it to.

My oneitis did the same exact thing. push pull, hot cold, thought she wanted but actually never did..she ended up ****ing some guy while leading me on and now she has a boyfriend. Cut her off bro and dont give in

P

perseverance

If a girl is messing with your head and is making you jump through hoops for snippets of her attention and affection, then she is not worth the hassle and I implore you to eject from this nonsense and be done with it.

If a woman is interested in a man, she doesn't give mixed signals, she doesn't make a man jump through hoops, she doesn't mess with his head.

You are a hamster, she is your owner and she is making you run in the hamster wheel for her own amusement.

I'd just go no contact on her and be done with it.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#1: STOP TEXTING. Texting KILLS relationships.

Just go back and look at what you've written. Once you set the date, you kept on texting her. A girl you just met doesn't need to be chatting with you via text message before the date because it KILLS her attraction for you. You're giving her too much of you too soon, which makes her quickly become bored of you. Meanwhile, you get to go through all the fun of waiting hours/days for her to respond to a text, when a simple phone call would have allowed you to get all the date details in 5 minutes.

#2: STOP CONFIRMING DATES. Once you've made a date with a girl, you do NOT call/text her day of to confirm - you already did this when you called for the date. Just show up and assume she'll show up. If she doesn't, it just means she didn't like you - girls that like you don't forget about date locations and times. Unless these young girls you're asking out have Alzheimer's disease, they can remember a date made a day or two in advance.

You have to stop being afraid that a girl will lose interest in you if you don't text her everyday or remind her of dates. The things you're doing in hopes of keeping girls attracted to you are only doing the opposite. Stop texting and stop sending out confirmations. Dating is really, REALLY easy: if they like you, they help you and want to see/contact you, and if they don't they'll come up with excuses and make it hard for you to see them.

Hope this helps!

-DJNoob-

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a similar kind of situation with this one girl i thought was interested in me, not too long ago. I just see myself in your story aron77, and man do i SEE IT NOW THAT I NEXTED HER lol.

This seems like it is not going to go anywhere, so i would give you the same advice i got. Go no contact on her and NEXT her.

Inzidious

Reaction score
Texting, along with FaceBook and other straight to Attention deficit modern day tools are empowering all the bad behavioral societal dilemmas ranging from mental laziness to constant distractions. Basically we are creating the perfect environment for bigger better deal behaviors, including in the context of relationships.

In short, he's right. Texting sucks.

aron77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah the idea I get is that I'm plan B so I'm ready to say f it. Everytime I fade away she texts me so it seems like she is doing just enough to keep me interested but when I push forward she leaves me hanging.

The thing that messes with me so bad is that it seemed like she was almost begging me to ask her out before but now this. From the first class she was eye f'ing me so hard. I'd be in a group conversation outside of class and she'd hover around and work her way into it til it was just her and I talking. Then the biggest thing was she pm'ed me on fb asking about studying so I went and studied with her and she's twirling her hair the whole time as we talked very little about school work and then at the end she throws in there how nobody ever takes her out. I'm like damn she is begging me to do it now. I hesitated so much but instead of losing interest she seemed to step it up and put herself on a limb. So I thought I had a sure thing. So now I'm like am I just crazy and she was never that interested?

P

perseverance

Women have an amazing ability to turn off their fondness of a man like as if were a tap. One week a woman could really want you and the next week, she'll want somebody else and she'll forget about you completely.

That's just the way it goes, I wouldn't worry too much about it.