Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Read Ayn Rand, Albert Nock, Lysander Spooner

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
She lived on government assistance.
proving that her message flys completely over your head

yes she lived on government assistance but she did so while doing exactly what she wanted to do. she wanted to write books and be a philosopher and she did just that. her monatay situation has nothing to do with if she is or is not correct

in fact, it proves her point. Rynd was literally a genius, if she wanted to get a corporate job and fit in she could have very easily done just that but sacrificed the normalities of life to do what she anted to do and it paid off in the end.

Rynd is not tony robbins or even Neoplean hill in the sense that at the end of the day the goal is to life a comfortable life. Rynd is simply stating that to be happy you have to be true to yourself, regardless of what matralstic sacrifices have to be made. sometimes it will mean monetary reward sometimes it may not.

Ryn loved on "government assistance" but wrote 2 books that have deeply impacted millions of lives. that's a pretty good fvcking trade off.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're out of your MIND, or being dishonest with your writing. She died a multimillionaire. Atlas Shrugged STILL sells 200k or more copies per year, mostly in hardback, to libraries, replacing stolen copies, I'd wager, at 15% of RETAIL cost. twice the deal any other author ever made with a major publisher. She was a pauper for the first few years of her life, sure. Understandable, since that was the Depression.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that would depend upon the other's interests. The interests of the "common man" in Nazi Germany would cause me to splatter blood everywhere.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither Ayn Rand nor Howard Roark would fit in the corporate world. The fraternity boy Peter Keating would do fine because he's all about having the right credentials and mixing in the right social circles.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
so who would WANT to "fit into" such a world, anyway? Only a sheeple.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nexus Polaris said:
The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are both epic. Part two of Atlas Shrugged the movie comes out later this year. Part one was pretty solid for an indie film.
I guess it was solid for an indie, but I dunno...

It could be just that that story was never meant to be put on screen, but I just don't see how people who have not read the book could ever understand the undertones or the real meaning of the book.

That is, unless Part III is just three hours of Galt speaking into a microphone and everyone else listening politely.

There is no point in the whole story without the final speech. I frequently reference the final speech as it has heaps of evidence piling up to support Rands hypothesis.

With a few more cascades in Europe, it would almost be irrefutable what occurs in even advanced nations when her scenario happens.

Right now, its embodied by the anthropogenic global warming believer crowd. Their goal is literally to shut down industry...

I would also add Dostoevsky to the list of authors in that genre, as I believe he writes a little more believably than Rand, even if the messages are the same. Story is a little better, but message is essentially the same and both focus on Objective morality. That is, morality that is not subject to whim of the moment.

IMO her most powerful message that is readily applicable to politics:

Private property should never be subject to voting.

A majority should not have the power to vote private property (including land, intellectual property, the contents of ones wallet, etc) away from them.

^ Obvious exceptions are destructive uses of private property, such as chemical dumping, and constructing a nuclear bomb in ones garage.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't said:
so who would WANT to "fit into" such a world, anyway? Only a sheeple.
What kind of world do you want to live in, then?

And, the follow-up question to save an extra post:

Is it one that is at the unwilling expense of involuntary participants?

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
nope, it's one without the 90+% that are sheeple and unfit to use oxygen.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't said:
nope, it's one without the 90+% that are sheeple and unfit to use oxygen.

Since there are so many who are sheeple, I am sure you could point me to just one so I can adjudicate your hypothesis.

I require a name.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
pick a name, since the great majority more than qualify. Let's SEE an example of a "hole" in Ayn's philosophy. :) roy Child and David Kelly found a FEW, but that's all, and they were/are minor ones. She was way off base about it being unreasonable for everyone go go armed. ALL taxes are theft. If the gov't was restrained to doing ONLY what it is SUPPOSED to be doing, it could be supported by a lottery and voluntary payment for services. No payment, no police, no fire dept, etc. Gov't is basically just for the common defense. The militias have volunteered to man a fence on the Mexican border, free of charge to the taxpayer, once the govt builds a double fence, puts up rifle towers and declares the area between the fences a free fire Zone.

I could end the illegal alien problem in a month. Just have every tv station, 24-7, showing a new guy getting horsewhipped half to death, for employing illegals. No jobs, they'd all go home. Nobody'd even come CLOSE to hiring them, at such a potential price, guaranteed! Any caught here after 30 days, simply break their knees with a hammer, tatoo "pollo" on their foreheads, and toss them back across the border. Their being here is a felony, they have no rights here at all. Any other country, subjected to such an invasion, would declare war and shoot them all at the border, plus nuke Mexico city.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
where we always find a reason to tax people more.....because there is always a need for money.
and when that 'money' isn't BACKED BY ANYTHING we are slaves to those who authorize the money printing and set the 'prime' lending rates.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can always leave, you know. Since that money is "worthless", you can easily find millions of $ that others have tossed out, right? Last I checked, you could still trade that "worthless" paper for gold or pretty much anything else you might happen to want.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With regard to our now-wretched country (since NAFTA, since Glass-Steagal repealed, and on and on deregulation by politicians in power NOT put there by our vote but by big money hijacking our country): "When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self - sacrifice - you may know that society is doomed." - Ann Rand

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
With regard to our now-wretched country (since NAFTA, since Glass-Steagal repealed, and on and on deregulation by politicians in power NOT put there by our vote but by big money hijacking our country): "When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self - sacrifice - you may know that society is doomed." - Ann Rand
That's an insane quote.

don't

Don Juan
Reaction score
The conditions that it reflects in our country are what's insane, not the poster quoting it or Ayn's original writing. It really speeded up in the 60's and it's running full bore now, downhill to disaster.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self - sacrifice - you may know that society is doomed." - Ann Rand
excellent quote

America is crumbling on all sides abandoning the very citizenry that supports her with blood, sweat, and tears

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trendin...sponse-selling-army-medal-ebay-162944491.html

while the bankers and fascists divide criminally gained profits.

difficult times ahead. buckle up.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The world has needed a good "cleansing" of the human species for centuries. Now it's going to happen, and 90-99% are going to die off, from the fighting, diseases, starvation, dehydration, etc.