"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

re...I want my ex back

lebon

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
London
I posted a couple of weeks ago about my problems of getting over my ex. The general concensus of the thread was don't even try and don't be friends...just get on with life. And this I did until I ran into her yesterday and we got talking...she seemed friendly so I played along...not wanting to be rude. I decided to make an excuse about having to be somewhere and just as I walked away she said that I should give her a ring/txt and go out for a coffee or something...I replied that that would be nice and I'll let her know. So my question is this...what do I do? Did she mean it...after all she dumped me...so was she just being nice? I still really like her...and Im willing to kick my current girl into touch if she wanted to go back out. But I don't want to lose 'face' by being knocked back.

Help! Advice needed
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

SuperMan_Wuss

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah
If you hook back up with this chik you are a stupid fukcing chump. Don't txt her back, don't call her, don't think of her. If you are really that wussy to take her back then I will light a candle for your nuts, because she will be wearing them around her neck.

Forget her.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
It's my guess that she's just being nice. Sorry.

Forget it and continue doing what your doing.

She has your # if she wants to call and hook up with you - she will call.
 

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Age
59
Location
Madison Heights
You're being played. Lets see, she dumps you, then wants you to "call" her to go out and have coffee. Think if the situation was reversed and you had broken up with her and then ran into her and you told her to call you, and maybe you can go get a drink or something. Imagine then if she did call you to go out. You would KNOW that you were master of her domain.

Don't be a chump, move on.
 

lebon

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
London
Its a good point...never thought of it like that...but I honestly don't think she's like that...
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I think a lot of people came to this board with the same hope, myself included. But the truth is, these suggestions are right. Sadly the best advice isn't always what you want to hear.

Given time, you'll wonder why you even gave her the time of day.

I was deeply and emotionally involved with somebody last year and sadly she broke my heart. I tried everything to get her back, but I think it probably just put her off even more. Eventually I decided to delete her number from my phone (so I wouldn't contact her during a relapse) and move on.

I have seen her around a few times this year and I honestly don't have any feelings for her at all any more. We have talked and we're civil, but I don't care. Now she has seen me in this impartial state of mind, she has started to show interest again and has been trying to creep back in my life. But I'm not interested.

Nice to have control back though! :)
 
Top