re: compliment (no-no)

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly, I know that it's against the rules to reply to a thread outside of that thread. Some voice in my head is telling me that what I'm saying needs saying. Can I bring you up to speed? The move: give her a kiss and then lean back, saying "just for being you." He didn't say on the cheek, but I'm assuming that he meant that.

The peanut gallery just went off, like "Ooh ya compliments are great" "Yeah I come up with the sweetest most sensitive perceptive compliments and my grandma says I'm a catch" I'm sorry I had to put a stop to that chorus as loudly as possible, so imagine me screaming this:

I STILL say, most of you are hurting your game by paying out compliments. The OP isn't really giving a compliment, I mean "just for being you" do you think it had ANYTHING to do with what he said? He just establishes that he's the one handing out kisses, the ultimate judge of character that has just approved her." But you aren't really giving out sexual kisses, or ear-nibbles. Just pecks on the cheek for a girl who's fine the way she is. For a middle-of-evening move, this is good but should be used as a reward, not because you've run out of stuff to say. At the end of the night, this wouldn't be agressive enough, it would seem like "time to make a move, this is all I have balls for."

A compliment IS of unlimited value, as long as you're still holding it in. When you pay out a compliment for nothing, the compliment is worth nothing. And when you pay out a compliment, it lowers the value of each successive compliment. Okay thank you for reading this, mods go ahead and delete me now.

omg he's right! I AM me, wow how does he know me so well???