Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rate my Plenty of Fish Profile

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I;m just now trying out Online Dating. Been on Plenty of Fish for about a week now and haven't gotten any responses. Critique my profile if you can since I'm new to this:

I have sense of humor, a bit of a health nut, and a love flying away whenever I can. One of my major life goals is to open my own spa. I love being physically active but just got off ACL surgery and hope to be back playing every sport under the sun by fall. The introvert loves to stay in and read classic literature, philosophy, psychology, and non-fiction. The extrovert loves to go to sports games/concerts, yell at the top of his lungs, drink, and be merry.

I'm a very confident, supportive person and looking for someone who values that as well. I believe the key to happiness is to be honest and to face your fears daily. I'm always up for a challenge and down to try something new.

I appreciate a girl with strong artistic taste, even if I don't necessarily agree. My music tastes are anywhere from Tupac to Pink Floyd.

I realize none of this is funny. Whatever...

I'm decent looking so i don't think that's the problem...any thoughts?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the last line seems out of place, and maybe you aren't as good looking as you think. everyone thinks they are a 10, but than wonder why they don't get the responses they think they deserve.

Here is what I did and had success: posted only a few pictures of me with cute women. My profile was extremely simple...simple to the point where it barely said anything. I didn't say what I did for work, and only said a few words on what I like. Women started messaging me, even a few cute ones.

yours seems like its trying hard to qualify yourself. Also if you want a critique on your pics, they make a difference.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey fonz, I think the written content is better than 95% of the male profiles I've seen on PoF (no homo). Personally, I like the dryness of the last line, whether your audience gets it is another matter altogether (in that sense it could be a good filter). The overall length is good too.

The one area where you might be falling down is in the first sentence or two - it does get displayed in the search results, but no one tends to consider that when they're writing their profile. Unfortunately your opening line is pretty bland and generic when considered in isolation like that (the rest is good though, don't get me wrong). Swap it out for something more compelling (or even borderline offensive), you'll think of something I'm sure.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but just got off ACL surgery
Get rid of this.

willing to lie about how we met!
The first time I saw this line, I thought it was very funny and creative. The next 99 or so times, not so much so. Might want to try something unique.

I've used two headings....

"House broken alpha male seeks companion" - received 100+ winks and emails the first 24 hours (to qualify though, it was a "new" profile).

I toned it down to ...
"Special offer inside"
Women are as curious as cats if you bate them properly. Worked great.

I also had a lot of positive responses from a bucket list.

You can introduce a lot of humor by talking about:
"things I like" - make this one serious and romantic
"things I dislike" - make this one light and humorous
ex: when people stop at the bottom of an escalator to decide which way to walk.
ex: furniture salesmen.

I think you get it...

good luck.

SH

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
put a qualifier as your heading as an alternative to "funny."

joegreechy

Reaction score
There is no wrong

Dude, you're doing fine. There is no "wrong." Don't misspell stuff and just tell a little about yourself. Be sure to include at least one picture and you seem to have done a good job nailing some of the things you like to do. Remember, chances are you want to be with a girl who might enjoy some similar things, so talk about what you like. I think you got this, and in the end there really is no "wrong" in your profile. It's YOUR PROFILE, afterall. POF is pretty sad, though. I don't have all the answers, but a lot of the women on POF are just in it to play games with you and don't want to meet up and just want to be dumb internet teases. This is not an alibi, it's the truth.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is what I did and had success: posted only a few pictures of me with cute women. My profile was extremely simple...simple to the point where it barely said anything. I didn't say what I did for work, and only said a few words on what I like. Women started messaging me, even a few cute ones.
Yes I've thought about that too. All the best profiles seem to have little said in it. I probably need better pics though. I'm not a big picture taker but I will get some with hot chicks.

Unfortunately your opening line is pretty bland and generic when considered in isolation like that (the rest is good though, don't get me wrong). Swap it out for something more compelling (or even borderline offensive
Agreed

Get rid of this.
Agreed

put a qualifier as your heading as an alternative to "funny."
I should explain that my header was "Funny guy for genuine girl" which is why I had that last line in there. I hate it to be honest, and it's gone...but I will try out the the alpha male header cus it seems funny.

I'm screening for more the intelligent, spiritual, open-minded, self-improvement type girls which explains the honest approach I'm taking with this. It's not about banging a ton of girls, it's searching for the girls I want.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thefonz said:
I should explain that my header was "Funny guy for genuine girl" which is why I had that last line in there. I hate it to be honest, and it's gone...but I will try out the the alpha male header cus it seems funny.

I just meant if you can't come up with something actually funny to women right away for a header, it's easy to fall back on something like "fun girls only!" that's gonna make you sound like you're a happy guy who is used to being a selector, and isn't being too try hard to come up with some super witty header.

"Funny guy for genuine girl" just seems a bit mopey to me like you're lamenting that there are no genuine girls and boohoo where are they why can't i get one for a change.

Generally i think you want several disqualifers in your profile, usually expressed in a bit of a humorous way. On top of showing that you're not just there for any chick you can get, girls like to go "oh that's me!" as they read through your thing. Often when i've online dated in the past i'd get emails basically telling me how they met the criteria of the things i wrote along with maybe "funny" jabs against other girls that don't those criteria like they do.