Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Randy Pausch

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Randy Pausch, diagnose with Pancreatic Cancer and seeing that while it won't immediately kill him, his time is numbered. He put a last lecture that has been watched millions of times and I personally find it very inspirational and enheartening.

His lecture is over an hour long, but it is very humourous with some good ideas to my opinion based from his experiences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

There's also a shorten version he gave when he was the Oprah show (I know how you guys feel about her, but I hope you don't just discredict just because he went on that show, if you do disagree, i'm all ears but point out your reasons).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8577255250907450469

What do you think of his ideas and words?

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw the Last Lecture a few months ago. The guy is an inspiration

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes he is inspiring. He just died earlier today. I watched his Last Lecture online and then bought a DVD of it. The book of the same name is good, but i find the video even more inspiring.

Well boys we get yet another reminder to live life to the fullest each and every day and play full out. This guy was only 47. Heck I am 37 now. I certainly don't want to check out in 10 years. For you guys that are 18-25, you'll be surprised how fast time goes by. Before you'll know it you'll be in your 30's.

Seize the day boys.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rest In Peace, Mr. Randy Pausch.

What an inspiring dying man and his last words.

Puts all of our problems and conflicts into perspectives. Petty problems that can be easily solved, should be dealt with accordingly and quick. There is very little time to enjoy and live life to the fullest.

That's one strong man right there. He fought the cancer for almost 2 years when his doctors told him he would have about 6 months to live. AND while battling the cancer all this time, he managed to sum up his life experiences and lessons he had learned in a fantastic lecture series (have not read his book yet).

So next time you're facing a challenge (approaching girls, lifting weights, applying for a job, etc.) don't give up too easily. If a dying man like Pausch didn't give up very easily, then what excuse do we have for ourselves when we readily give up?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What got me about the man was he was so full of energy even doing push ups on Oprahs show where I saw him give his lecture..I thought then this guy isn't going to die but then he dies...

Unless I am mistaken wasn't this lecture really for his kids to see in the future after his death and it inspired so many that it just took off?

May he rest in peace and may his wife and children be comforted during this time..

LoneSilver

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost my dad and three of my grandmothers one of them a great grandmother obviously to cancer so I know how rough it must be for this guy's family.

Hopefully their extended family and people that were inspired by Randy have given his wife enough money to pay for all of the hospital bills as trust me guys my mom and dad were loaded but my dad's cancer almost cleaned them out of savings fighting it off for two years.

Thanks to his friends at his jobs generous contributions my mother now has more savings than ever but yeah just because this guy was a professor doesn't mean that his wife is necessarily well off financially.

Cancer is such a battle physically and financially it would be a shock to anyone.

Anyway RIP to this guy, he inspired millions and his memory will help many other people going through the same thing either fight through it or die peacefully.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember seeing an interview he did where (not disclosing the $$ amt) but said he had plenty of life insurance to take care of his family, plus i believe he got around $4 mil to write that book of his.