Random Spurts of Anger

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello.

Most of the time, I am either really mellow and quiet, or bitterly sarcastic and angry.

It feels like I have pent up energy inside that needs to get out and all. I work out and that didn't really help. This bothers me because I take it out on my parents and some close friends whenever it happens. I'm basically an ******* to them, except to my parents, I just answer in 1 word responses and lock myself in my room so I don't hurt them with anything I might say.

I hope Ican change this and please help. Sometimes I'm motivated (doesn't last too long), sometimes I'm pensive and kinda sad (lasts a bit), and something I'm really angry and just mad at the world, but probably really at myself. After one of these random spurtsr of anger, I feel really guilty sad and feel really tense like a lot of energy is pent up. :(

By the way, this is more of a mental anger. I rarely want to hit anything and if I do, I do a few pushups to let it out. It's more of a I wanna scream kind of anger.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical activity, exercise, and sports - nothing beats it in terms of blowing off steam.

You need to be able to just go for a good hard jog and get thoroughly exhausted sometimes - does the body good. :)

If that doesn't work, as weird as it sounds, try meditation or some relaxation exercises. When I get worked up, those usually do the trick.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't sound too happy!
All you need is the power of positivity.
Start keeping a journal where you just write down 3 affirmations and positive things that happened to you EVERY f*ckin day.
When you feel negative like this, look back at your journal and read some events out loud and realize how happy your life can be.

If you cant think of 3 things, get up and do something at that very moment to MAKE something happen (for example, making someone's day by laughing with them when they're down)

If you're up for a challenge, then set a number higher than 3 events.

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luscious: Hey thanks man. I know that working out for a long time or running really takes it out of you. I've tried it and I gotta say it helps a lot. However, whenever I feel ome anger brewing I can't just go always workout somewhere. Still, whenever I can I will go workout.

gRIM999: This is awesome advice! I have a journal but I didn't really write much in it. After school ends, I'm going to probably start up a new journal in the summer and I'll write 3 good things that happened to me. If I can do that for 1 week, I will move it up to 5 things. :)

DJ Hawtness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to stretch, inhale, and exhale slowly. It will help dramatically if you do it right. =]