Ran into the ex after 2 1/2 years NC

Rival

Don Juan
Reaction score
We dated for 3 years..ended up breaking up when her ex BF drove down to my state uninvited and her parents "made" her go to dinner with him ( I was invited but refused to go)..shortly after she called it quits to pursue "more time on her on". I found out she was talking to the EX..so I called her and told her we were done for good and I was moving on (started dating a new girl 3 weeks later) She found out and was furious..told lies about me to her family/friends..

At the time I worked for her father's business as well as a friend of mine (when we broke up, I resigned and friend kept working there) Her Ex and her got back together and he took my job at the family business. My friend eventually quit but his younger brother took his job...

Fast forward to yesterday evening ( She is now engaged to be married to the EX btw) My friend's brother (who works for my Ex's father) was in the ER with life threatening complications. I gave my friend a ride to see his brother ..and sure enough...My ex, her family, and her new fiance/his family..all showed up in the surgery waiting room. Literally they all about Sh1t themselves when they saw me. I have bulked up a ton in 2 1/2 years...we rushed from the gym so I was still in a cut off etc. I saw my ex sneaking a look at me (still didn't say a word), her fiance refused to look at me..her mom and dad both talked to me. Overall it was a very awkward situation for me. I want to beat the sh1t out of her fiance but due to the place/setting I kept my cool and talked to her parents as if nothing ever happened.

My questions is do you think I could have handled this any better? If a similar situation occurs again..should I do the same..keep up the NC unless I literally have no choice but to talk to her? Thanks in advance

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You handled it like a man. Mad props.

Don't show any feeling, if anything, just smile, say Hi and excuse yourself.
The opposite of love is indifference, not anger.

LorenzoVonM

Don Juan
Reaction score
You handled everything great. One thing you could examine in your self-dev is letting go of that anger towards her fiance. Its been 3 years and you have moved on. That anger emotion only hurts yourself. Well I guess it might hurt the other dude if you layed him out, but the emotion itself, no one else can feel it. Wouldn't it be nice not to feel that and be indifferent?

Rival

Don Juan
Reaction score
LorenzoVonM said:
You handled everything great. One thing you could examine in your self-dev is letting go of that anger towards her fiance. Its been 3 years and you have moved on. That anger emotion only hurts yourself. Well I guess it might hurt the other dude if you layed him out, but the emotion itself, no one else can feel it. Wouldn't it be nice not to feel that and be indifferent?
yeah man it's more principle at this point than anger. Where I'm from you don't do that without some sort of punishment haha. I feel ya though

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a weird chick, weird family, weird situation - especially with her new squeeze/ex taking your job in the family business as well as the girl. All sounds a bit incestuous. Would say the real issue in the situation, unsurprisingly, is her attitude towards men.

Agreed you handled it well, but as the others say, leave the anger behind. You're obviously in a much better place now and have better options as results.

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the above comments. If you can't be indifferent, act like you are (and you did do a good job), talk to her normally, but only if it's inevitable.

Weird fvcking family man, real weird.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is why would you want to beat the **** out of her fiance man... are you on steroids or something.

I never understood when someone says something like that...

The only way i would even think about doing that is if the guy literally came up to me while i was with my girl and try to still her from me other then that if i broke up w a girl and she found new bf i would have NO problems with that guy.

You should have been the bigger man and went up to them and said hi how are you and showed to her what she lost. Either way just move on .

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
My question is why would you want to beat the **** out of her fiance man... are you on steroids or something.

The only way i would even think about doing that is if the guy literally came up to me while i was with my girl and try to still her from me other then that if i broke up w a girl and she found new bf i would have NO problems with that guy.

You should have been the bigger man and went up to them and said hi how are you and showed to her what she lost. Either way just move on .
Good post. Why the need for the anger? It's not macho.

Rival

Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:

One of the last things she told me was to never speak to her again. I will gladly abide. In the end she was extremely rude to my friends/family not to mention the lies and ****. No reason for me to walk over into the pack of her family and fiance to say hello. Anything from an argument to her totally ignoring me could have insued as well as a fight if her fiance said one down word to me.

As far as being aggressive, I believe in standing up for yourself/principles. I think he knows never to say a word to me considering all he has done to me. I appreciate everyone's input as regardless to the anger issue but there comes a time when you gotta fight for what you believe in, call it pride or whatever.

jay07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your 27 and jacked now. She was check-in you out. take that as a victory and go bang a bunch of twenty-somethin year olds.