Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Raising Testosterone

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some ways to raise testosterone levels without TRT?

I know exercising is a big part, but i exercise 3-4 days a week.

Diet is a big part, and i fear that may be where i'm lacking, but how do it correctly so i increase testorone levels.

I routinely average about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, every now and then a 1 or 2 hour nap..this is surely to have a negative effect, how big of an impact does this have?

The main reasons why i think there is something wrong with my testosterone is my lack of sex drive, general anxiety is off the charts, just sort of a lack of "zest" for life..i'm sure all of you know that one undefinable aspect that seems to make everything that much more fun..whatever..its missing. Could any of you please help me address these issues, or whatever else i'm missing...thanks a lot

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YOU ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP. Period. 8 hours a night minimum is what you need!

As for the diet:

Red meat and EFAs mate, that's what you need too. Plus plenty of fruit and veg in your diet for vitamins and minerals.

When fat (EFAs and good fat) is low in my diet I'm always on a downer, when I eat enough of it I feel I can take on the world.

And green tea - caffeine in general, but green tea is the best in my opinion. Knock back a couple of litres of this stuff every day and feel the antioxidants do their work.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
forgive me, but what does EFAs mean?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
essential fatty acids

omega 6's.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZMA, (Zinc and Magnesium) raise testosterone. I supplement ZMA along with my diet.

Also, certain herbs like german tribulus terrestris & avena sativa raise it. these are all natural and you can buy them at a local health store. these cost more money tho so I don't buy them.

a good supplement that my gym partner uses is NxCare Nitro T3 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nx/nitro.html . It's a zinc/magnesium/b6 vitamin supplement with german tribulus, avena sative, and estrogen blockers. it basically makes your testicles produce more testosterone naturally. it's kinda pricey tho, otherwise I'd buy it.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
YOU ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP. Period. 8 hours a night minimum is what you need!
actuly it varies for diffrent people, my brother seems to be tired the whole week if he gets less then 8 hours, i think 8 hours is aobut normal, but 'speacial' people, like me :p dont need much sleep. Im fine with 6 hours a night, i can go days with only 5 hours a night although i do get quite shatered after about 3 days like that.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah about the sleeping, i can rarely just lay down and sleep for 8 hours..i just don't get tired and if i do i can only sleep for 4-5 hours. i usually feel the need to nap though, so i'm not sure.

i'm sure those supplements are great, but haha as you've said, they're pretty damn expensive. I was looking more into changing behaviors or something that i was doing wrong to correct the problem. does anyone see anything else that i might be missing? Thanks for all replies.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
essential fatty acids

omega 6's.
Omega 3's and omega 6's. Sources: oily fish, nuts, nut butters, olive oil, olives, seeds, avocadoes, flax etc etc.

Squat. A lot.
Yeup, but watch out for those exercise-induced headaches. I made the mistake of masturbating after a 20-rep 'widowmaker' squat set and I thought my head was gonna explode.

ZMA, (Zinc and Magnesium) raise testosterone. I supplement ZMA along with my diet.

Also, certain herbs like german tribulus terrestris & avena sativa raise it. these are all natural and you can buy them at a local health store. these cost more money tho so I don't buy them.

a good supplement that my gym partner uses is NxCare Nitro T3 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nx/nitro.html . It's a zinc/magnesium/b6 vitamin supplement with german tribulus, avena sative, and estrogen blockers. it basically makes your testicles produce more testosterone naturally. it's kinda pricey tho, otherwise I'd buy it.
All due respect mate, but young healthy guys shouldn't ever need to take this. Something else is missing from their lifestyle and/or diet if their test levels are low.

Stud - I advise daily healthy exercise (even walking), and a good diet. RED MEAT. Oh, and get some pink meat in as well. ;)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
All due respect mate, but young healthy guys shouldn't ever need to take this. Something else is missing from their lifestyle and/or diet if their test levels are low.

Stud - I advise daily healthy exercise (even walking), and a good diet. RED MEAT. Oh, and get some pink meat in as well. ;)
I agree and disagree.

well supplements period are unnecessery in theory with a good diet. you don't need to take multi vits if you eat lots of fruit, etc. you don't need to take protein shakes if you're able to eat balanced protein meals every 2 hrs, cause protein will always be in your system. you don't need to take creatine if you eat red meat every day, etc etc.

but i mean, diets like this are not only hard to pull off, but they cost a lot of money. who can afford steak every night? also, count in the fact that bodybuilders need more nutrients then a regular person, due to the amount of energy they expend working out. this is why supplements become convenient and useful.

some people may have diets that are insufficient in zinc/magnesium and cant change this whether it's due to money or allergies or who knows what. supplementing becomes a huge help.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
I agree and disagree.

well supplements period are unnecessery in theory with a good diet. you don't need to take multi vits if you eat lots of fruit, etc. you don't need to take protein shakes if you're able to eat balanced protein meals every 2 hrs, cause protein will always be in your system. you don't need to take creatine if you eat red meat every day, etc etc.

but i mean, diets like this are not only hard to pull off, but they cost a lot of money. who can afford steak every night? also, count in the fact that bodybuilders need more nutrients then a regular person, due to the amount of energy they expend working out. this is why supplements become convenient and useful.

some people may have diets that are insufficient in zinc/magnesium and cant change this whether it's due to money or allergies or who knows what. supplementing becomes a huge help.
Supplements are just that - supplements. With the right diet you don't need any, here we agree.

I didn't say steak was essential, I just recommended it! If that was the case, how would vegetarians get by?

For ZMA:

Zinc sources: lentils, nuts, seeds, wholegrain cereals.

Magnesium sources: green veggies, nuts, wholegrain cereals.

Vitamin 56: nuts, eggs, lentils, wholegrain cereals.

I reckon cashews are cheaper than ZMA!

And to be perfectly honest, my whole bodybuilder diet is cheaper than the 'average' diet because it relies on natural, unprocessed foods - cheaper because you have to prepare and cook them yourself, which can be a pain admittedly.

In any case, our friend just needs to change his diet a little bit and he'll be fine. :)

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just go to the doctors and have a blood test. He will probably check out lots of things as well as test.

Why guess, just get down there.

I paid £££ to have bloodwork done every year.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading Warboss's post, i noticed that many of those things are lacking from my diet. i will include those main staples into my diet immediately and see if this makes a difference. Thanks for all who responded!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A well balanced diet can be the cure of most ills - after all, mankind survived fine on natural foods and no blood tests for centuries (no offence meant Alpine).

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Non taken warbus.

I'm merely pointing out in this day and age you CAN have a blood test to pinpoint a problem.

Sure have a well rounded diet, but taking supps hit and miss guessing you are short of this or that is not the way to go.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$20 for 45 days of ZMA doesnt sound bad to me.there are days when i dont feel the need to take it, bc ive got enough from my diet. so, sometimes a bottle of zma can last me up to 2 months for $20 i dont think is a bad deal at all.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK guys just be aware.

I don't want to bang on about 'just cos herbs are natural doesn't mean they can't harm you'

BUT-

Certainly you have to be careful with things like trib. I come back to the point that you don't know whether you have low test, and I think it is highly unlikely that you are out of the normal range. 10-40 nmol.

If you take trib you 'could' well mess up your own hormone axis and end up with all sorts of nasty sides far worse than you started off.

Just eat balanced meals and if you still ain't right go to the Doc's.

I know you won't listen so enjoy the results :cheer:

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on other medication for other things, so the less pills i have to take, the better. i've already started to incorporate the foods mentioned into my diet, and to tell you the truth, today i feel a lot better. I always felt i was getting enough protein throughout my meals, but after today, i know i was mistaken. unless after a while i go back into my old state, i think we can chalk this one up to a poor diet. Thanks again for all who replied!

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just taking a stab, but I'm guessing you're having erection problems from anti-depressents?