Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Radical Proposal to end the "Looks Debate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sageproduct said:
If getting called "pwssy" on an internet forum destroys your confidence, then you are by all means a pwssy.
Yes, that's why I put "attempt." Just because it doesn't work doesn't mean you should do it, just like you still get arrested if you try and fail to rob a bank.

I do like the way you phrased why you also agree that looks threads should be banned. That is EXACTLY what I've been trying to say.

Reaction score
I do agree with Just A Shot Away - looks threads should be banned, because there is nothing to discuss......the better you look, the better shot you have at getting pvssy, it's common sense for all of us out there who aren't nerdy scientific virgins........that is a GIVEN considering that you aren't just some rich guy who is okay with being used for his $$.

Looks threads should be banned because there is no discussion to be had - LOOK YOUR FVCKING BEST

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
LOOK YOUR FVCKING BEST
+1 Rep

This is what the whole looks debate comes down to.

Whether looks matter or not is irrelevant. If you are looking your best, you will be confident. If you are confident and your game is tight, you will get laid. Once you have tons of experience fvcking tons of different girls, only then should you waste your time worrying about whether or not looks matter. If you are a virgin who can't get women, work on being the best you can be rather than making excuses.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
This is an internet forum that makes money through ad revenue. One thing that makes more money from ad revenue is endless debate on impossible to settle issues like "are looks important?"

As such, those types of debates will always be welcome in a place like this.

as far as scientific "proof," the following comes to mind:

John Mallow, who used to run some kind of image consulting company, wrote a couple of books. One called Dress for Success, and the other called Live for Success.

These books were filled with data that was the result of extensive social field testing. No theory, only pure, unadulterated results. And by extensive, I mean thoroughly extensive. Groups of guys sent out into the field, and groups of guys to follow and observe. Usually with only one or two changes between the groups, to identify the variables.

Those two books, despite being nearly thirty years old, can be much more help that a useless internet debate if you are interested in improving your image.
i bet they didnt have any inclusion of "game" in these observations

game (+ strong positive maculinity) > looks alone

another issue is the definition of "looks" is different to each person

id argue that a good body is more towards strong maculinity then looks - but others wouldnt

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go Piano Master. You've turned this into another looks thread.

Care to start another one?

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone agrees that looks matter

Everyone agrees that masculinity matters

Everyone should agree that masculinity matters more than looks

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP said:
I doubt the solution I'm about to propose will see the light of the day, but I'll throw it out there regardless.

Here is what is going on: a debate that has been raging on for approximately 7 years (see Looks thread in archives) has consisted of two simple arguments: 1. Looks matter to get chicks... 2. No they don't.

Both sides have presented a relatively minor amount of evidence to support their respective side in comparison to the utter barrage of vitriol for their opposition. This would be obnoxious enough if it wasn't for the lack of variety in the people who are arguing, as you can clearly see that several of the key figures in the main "Looks" thread in the archives are still arguing (now under different monikers as a result of being banned...several times).

This clearly will not end. Thread after thread will be hijacked by members of this nauseatingly stale war. - So here is my solution: the mods/sosuave must endorse a side and stick with it. Either Sosuave.net becomes a "Looks matter" discussion forum where anyone with a dissenting opinion is warned and then banned if they hijack a thread and argue otherwise, or Sosuave.net becomes a "Looks don't matter" discussion forum where anyone with a dissenting opinion is warned and then banned if they hijack a thread and argue otherwise.

Only a drastic, perhaps fascist oversight will put an end to this. Apparently banning "looks" threads wasn't good enough (as that only lasted a year or so), therefore moving to a much more stern stance is necessary.

Allowing this sort of "discussion" to crowd the forums and hijack threads is puzzling at best, and a suggestion at driving up page hits for Google ad sense at worst.

That's all.
No thanks.

Individuals can choose whether or not looks matter to themselves, and the decide how much emphasis looks will have on their game. Whatever works.

Whatever I or any other mods say, is only our opinion based on our perception of reality.

It's a subjective discussion, therefore there are as many answers as there are people on the planet. Infinite shades of gray, and subject to various levels of change even by yourself based on your experiences.

Mods wouldn't ban any threads, except that some myopic OCD keyboard jockeys won't let it go and have to impress their reality on others, same with religious and political threads.

It's not whether or not looks matter, it's whether or not you can accept that others see it differently based on their experience.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
No thanks.

Individuals can choose whether or not looks matter to themselves, and the decide how much emphasis looks will have on their game. Whatever works.

Whatever I or any other mods say, is only our opinion based on our perception of reality.

It's a subjective discussion, therefore there are as many answers as there are people on the planet. Infinite shades of gray, and subject to various levels of change even by yourself based on your experiences.

Mods wouldn't ban any threads, except that some myopic OCD keyboard jockeys won't let it go and have to impress their reality on others, same with religious and political threads.

It's not whether or not looks matter, it's whether or not you can accept that others see it differently based on their experience.
Perfectly stated.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
The man is dead. You don't speak for him dweeb.
Ah, yes. It's good to see you again, Alle. I was beginning to think that you ran out of personal attacks! Glad to see that's not the case.

Anyway, let me explain something to you about the nature of time. You see, just because someone that had an idea in the past is dead, does not mean that they never had that idea. This is especially true when said idea is historically documented and others have ideas that are born of the original idea. So when we talk about Albert Einstein, we don't dismiss his research simply because he is dead. Regardless of what YOU say, Einstein believed time moves slower as speed increases, Lincoln did not approve of slavery, Hitler wanted to rule the world, and yes...Darwin believed in evolution.

You can't change the past, Alle. We found out that looks don't matter LONG ago. The only thing you can do now is to think of a way to prevent further advancements in the field of biological sciences...and of course do everything in your power to make sure that looks threads aren't banned so you can continue to infect the forum with your mindless self-limiting unfounded drivel.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
You see, just because someone that had an idea in the past is dead, does not mean that they never had that idea. This is especially true when said idea is historically documented and others have ideas that are born of the original idea.
Please post your source of information. With so many of Darwin's publications on the internet, this shouldn't be a difficult search.

Enough bull. Back it up with facts.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So once again another meaningless "Looks" VS. "Game" thread gets closed

Status
Not open for further replies.