Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

R.I.P. Terri Schiavo

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Micheal Schiavo is next....

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You definately could be right about that.
I'm not a supporter of either side of such a difficult issue, but I know there are enough extremeist out there that one of them will probably get him when his guard is down.

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps the worst part of the whole thing is that Michael claimed his religion wouldn't allow him to divorce her. As if that same religion somehow looks past him abandoning his wife and starting a new family with another woman while being married to Terry.

Religion should have never been part of the debate.

The DoI, BoR, & constitution spell out the entire debate.

Now if we could just get the govt. to abide by these documents they are sworn to uphold.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seperation of powers my friend. If the Judicial branch (supreme) rules that the lower level courts were right in their decisions, then theirs nothing else that can be done.

The process happened way too fast for anything to be done about it.

The key issue now is whether or not the parents should of had rights to her life as opposed to the spouse. This will be the next big debate issue for situations like this in the future.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Good riddance!

Maybe now the media will find something to report on that people CARE about...you know, besides the ones whose lives are so empty that they hang on every sob-story thrown out there.

Brother_Rapp

Banned
Reaction score
Be for real!! 15 years without sex? So the guy is supposed to jack off all that time? The guy did his part. She should have did her part by just dieing long time ago. When is enough enough?

How many of you bleeding hearts would step up and pay the costs of all that? While you're thinking about that, consider all the other people in the U.S. and around the world that may be in such similar conditions as she. And you wonder why health care is so high. People need closure. That guy's wife wasn't the only victim here. He was a victim as well.

To those that want to take the guy's life for his actions, I'd say that they are pretty hypocritical about life. If you believe in GOD, let him sort it out.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely concur with Squirrels. I'm in canada right now and I just couldnt believe the amt. of exposure this case got....

UNREAL.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just feel bad for her parents.

Michael is gay anyways.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also important to note how much money this guy was spending keeping this girl alive. The media would have you think that a conciderable amount was covered by health care, but his out of pocket expence was astronomical.

I read about a girl who was in a diabetic coma at the age of 16 and is now 52. Her mom (obviously older then her) has taken care of her, for her entire life! and has divoted just about every penny and even more imporant valuable time to watching over a virtual blob on a medical bed!

Again I don't take sides in issues like this but both have legitimate claims. Americas attention span is really short as you've all pointed out, we'll find something else to watch at 6 o'clock very soon.

Brother_Rapp

Banned
Reaction score
Her parents were victims of Terri's blight as well. They now have closure and can move on with their lives.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing like starving a brain dead person to make a liberal judge feel like they've accomplished something.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Nothing like starving a brain dead person to make a liberal judge feel like they've accomplished something.
And you know that's only way she could've died because of so many right wing religous fundamentalist that are against physician assisted suicide. The majority of people seem to believe in physician assited suicide:

http://pheedo.com/pollingstation/archives/2005/03/do_you_believe_8.php

So now ask yourself, who is really at fault for terri's long and painful death?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
The husband and the government.

Terry was alive before she was ordered to be taken off of her feeding tube.

I'll grant you that I would never ever want to "live" like that and most people probably wouldn't want to "live" like that, but that doesn't mean she should be starved to death because of a conversation she may or may not have had with her husband years earlier.

The majority of people seem to believe in physician assited suicide
physician assisted suicide and starving/dehydrating a human being to death are two completely different things.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd suggest you knock off the liberal judge bullsh*t real quick... that's the kind of stuff that gets all your topics locked.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastelandWarrior
The husband and the government.

I'll grant you that I would never ever want to "live" like that and most people probably wouldn't want to "live" like that, but that doesn't mean she should be starved to death because of a conversation she may or may not have had with her husband years earlier.

physician assisted suicide and starving/dehydrating a human being to death are two completely different things.
Maybe my point wasn't clear. When I asked that question about Terri's way of dying I was making a point of how she could've died a more peaceful and less painful way of death, if physician assisted suicides were legal. If it was legal then she could've died a far more peaceful and a far less painful death.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GlutusMaximus86
Terri Schiavo's death wasn't painful, because Terri Schiavo could not experience pain. Terri Schiavo's brain was atrophied and liquefied.

Other things Terri Schiavo couldn't experience:

- love
- sadness
- anger
- thoughts
- fear
- dreams
- sight
- sound
- touch

Man, I don't know about all you guys, but I sure would like to be kept alive like that for AT LEAST 15 years!

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastelandWarrior
Man, I really wish that all the people who are so profoundly concerned about the wellbeing of Terri Schaivo would at least learn how to spell (and pronounce) her name.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Terri Schiavo's death wasn't painful, because Terri Schiavo could not experience pain. Terri Schiavo's brain was atrophied and liquefied.

Other things Terri Schiavo couldn't experience:

- love
- sadness
- anger
- thoughts
- fear
- dreams
- sight
- sound
- touch

Man, I don't know about all you guys, but I sure would like to be kept alive like that for AT LEAST 15 years!

Where did you get sight and touch from. I never heard that she was blind, where are you getting your facts from?