Quickly Moving In Together

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last couple of months, I've seen some truly fvcked up 5hit that my Facebook friends have been doing.

Girl #1: This one wanted to date me, but I deemed her as too fat & smelly, which is unfortunate because she's got a personality of gold. Anyway, she met a guy probably in the fall. She moved in with him about a month ago, and he's already bought her a ring. All this in under a year. These two aren't even young. They're in their 30s.

Girl #2: Self-proclaimed lesbian. I've long thought that most lesbians were full of **** when it comes to their attraction to women and being 'born that way'. This one had no desire to be with a man. Two months ago, she hooked up with a dude, he dumped his girlfriend, and they moved in together last week.

Are they fvcking serious??? Neither of them really know each other!

I've been with my gf for almost 7 months now, and I have absolutely no desire to move in with her. Even the last two women I've lived with, it didn't happen until we were together for at least a year.

Maybe it's my experience that causes me to shake my head, but I have huge doubts that these couples are going to last.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week my buddy moved in with a chick he's been dating for 2 months, yup you heard right 2 frigging months!!!

In those 2 months they have virtually spend every day together, I honestly didn't see a point of talking to him, the guy is 35, and if he hasn't learned he will learn the hard way.

I sincerely hope him the best, I mean him and his chick are so much alike it may work ya know?

*cough cough*

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an ex I'm still pretty chummy with, she looks after my dogs from time to time, but back in the day she managed to make me miserable while we were living together, it was burdensome and passionless and I wanted out. I've lived it too often now to think that it can be different with the 'right person', cohabiting kills passion and one person (the woman) inevitably becomes a burden.

I've talked about that idea with this particular ex and she acknowledged it completely. Two months ago she moved in with her boyfriend of about eight months, should have been an easy transition from about four nights a week to seven nights a week, no biggy right?I think they lasted about six weeks once they "officially" moved in together. The other twist to that is it's actually the second time one of her new boyfriends broke it off just a few weeks out from an overseas holiday they had planned together. Girl has to be asking herself some serious questions!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Girls have been "playing house" since they were little.

Now, in a down-economy, the prevailing thought is, "We hang out so much anyway...we could save so much money splitting the rent...why NOT move in together?"

They quickly find out that seemingly rhetorical question in fact DOES have an answer. You can put up with a LOT from someone when, at the end of the day, you know they're eventually going to go home. It's what keeps me in the dating-game sometimes...the fact that, after putting up with a girl for in some cases 24+ hours, she's going to go home and leave me some time to myself. And it's what scares me so much about being in a "committed relationship"...not being able to "reset" and get some perspective on a woman by going back to "me-time".

Oh, it always starts out innocuous enough...both sides retain "outs" for themselves. But then, as they start to get comfortable with it, they start buying stuff together. The guy will figure, "Well I could get the 42" TV, or I could get her to pitch in a couple hundred...after all she lives here and will be benefitting from it...and get the 52" TV".

In some cases, a major purchase like that is as good as a wedding-ring, because it's something both parties have invested in. It's no longer logistically simple to break up and move out, because then it's, "what becomes of my TV?"

Even worse are the couples that decide to go buy a dog together. If both are attached to the dog, then it can escalate to the level of a child-custody battle, even preventing both parties from leaving an abrasive relationship because they're worried about "whether I'll ever see my puppy again".

Not to mention that once people start living together, they end up doing a lot of the "couples" things, meaning they hang out with other "couples", and their jealousy and need to be "right" in the break-up lead to friction when their mutual friends want to keep hanging out with both partners separately (or with their "new loves") instead of choosing between one or the other.

Just an ungodly mess.

If you ever hear about a girl moving in with me, you'll also hear about me picking out a ring. Living together is a BIG commitment for people, and I think most people don't acknowledge that.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For every Alpha who blows off a woman, there are 9 beta herbs waiting in line to play house with his leftovers while she agonizes over why he didn't want her.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Rollo Tomassi said:
For every Alpha who blows off a woman, there are 9 beta herbs waiting in line to play house with his leftovers while she agonizes over why he didn't want her.
It's amazing when you see this in action.

Have you noticed it becoming MORE or LESS prevalent in older women, who have been in the "dating game" for a while?

It seems almost like the more guys they've dated, the more they exhibit this behavior...zoning in on one or two GOOD ones while having tens or hundreds of "orbiters" who are content to hang around with no IOI just because she's pretty.

Like this girl I'm dating now...she's 35, but still single. Good-looking for 35...pretty blond hair, nice figure, gorgeous legs. She seems completely blown away by the fact that I'm 32, single, and not desperate to jump into an exclusive relationship with her. She asks her guy friends, "how long/how many dates would you go before you wanted something like that?" And of course, they give her the standard chump answers...4-6 weeks/dates.

This girl honestly thinks I've got 6-8 women on a "rotation" coming to my house, and she'd rather compete with that than try a guy who actually IS "relationship material".

Had some girl on PoF last night thinking the same thing...blown away that I was single, that I enjoyed being single, yet she couldn't stop talking to me. :p Older again...my age.

It's like after a couple of boyfriends and a bunch of dates, they start exemplifying what we talk about even more.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
It's amazing when you see this in action.

Have you noticed it becoming MORE or LESS prevalent in older women, who have been in the "dating game" for a while?

It seems almost like the more guys they've dated, the more they exhibit this behavior...zoning in on one or two GOOD ones while having tens or hundreds of "orbiters" who are content to hang around with no IOI just because she's pretty.

Like this girl I'm dating now...she's 35, but still single. Good-looking for 35...pretty blond hair, nice figure, gorgeous legs. She seems completely blown away by the fact that I'm 32, single, and not desperate to jump into an exclusive relationship with her. She asks her guy friends, "how long/how many dates would you go before you wanted something like that?" And of course, they give her the standard chump answers...4-6 weeks/dates.

This girl honestly thinks I've got 6-8 women on a "rotation" coming to my house, and she'd rather compete with that than try a guy who actually IS "relationship material".

Had some girl on PoF last night thinking the same thing...blown away that I was single, that I enjoyed being single, yet she couldn't stop talking to me. :p Older again...my age.

It's like after a couple of boyfriends and a bunch of dates, they start exemplifying what we talk about even more.
Women want a challenge or what they can't have, it's like that Adam Sandler movie "Just go along with it" were he pretends to be married and is smashing all those hotties. If he didn't have the ring would these broads be chasing him? I highly doubt it.

It's like the time I go to the clubs by myself but no chick cares, as soon as I use to go with my ex, women would approach me, hence pre-selection is preached like the gospel in pua circle shyt is legit

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Desdinova,
Yes an old Chestnut.....All the advice is good....the only reason you ever want to move in with them,is to procreate...other than that they just accept the Status Quo,or move on....bit like that Old Dog you lose,or even worse your Horse....Never be able to replace old Conkers you say,wiping a tear from your eye,as the blade pushes him in the hole,but you do,don't you?....you just move on and keep growing.

K2000kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As men in the US approach 30 theres a societal expectation that you're either married or shacked up. If you live by yourself and just date there must be something "off" but a woman over 35 in the same scenario is "empowered"

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook gives worthless people an avenue to share their worthlessness to the world.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
K2000kidd said:
As men in the US approach 30 theres a societal expectation that you're either married or shacked up. If you live by yourself and just date there must be something "off" but a woman over 35 in the same scenario is "empowered"
Not true.

Women who are single over 30 are automatically dumped into the Kougar Kategory. They're much more perceived as "damaged goods" than a man in the same position.

ChumpNoMore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dbit like that Old Dog you lose,or even worse your Horse....Never be able to replace old Conkers you say,wiping a tear from your eye,as the blade pushes him in the hole,but you do,don't you
Excellent analogy...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if it's because I'm in my 30s with more experience under my belt. These two are 10 years younger than me, and things have progressed like the speed of light. After two weeks, they said their I Love You's. I've been with my gf for damn near 7 months and we still don't say it to each other (although she's been hinting).

They moved into a house in the 5hittiest part of town. One comment on their housewarming event page said "That neighborhood looks scary on google maps". Personally, I'd rather live in a nice apartment than in a house in 5hitville. But I guess when you're in a hurry, you don't have time to shop for something remotely nice.

Last edited:

Desire

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a thai girl via internet, we wrote to each other for about a month, and I drove to the city (5 hours drive) to meat, eh, I mean meet her. We click fast and the next morning I said she could come to see my place. So she came with me and stayed for a week. We then drove to her town with a big truck and got her stuff. She moved in at once.

Now two month later I'm still satisfied. We have had sexx almost every day for two month, she is horny as hell. I can do anything I want with her. She makes wonderful food for me every day. And she is a very feminime woman. She adores me and I have to thank sosuave for changing my mindset and attitude against women.

I think I got tired of western girls I met. Always complaining, self absorbed and insecure.

I like this situation I am in now, and hopes it stays like this. See no negatives in moving together fast. It can go both ways.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Desire,
Maybe keep us posted on your new situation....You imply you have an Asian Girl....How interesting.....could you tell me where she is from and how you handle your differences....In general,they are a breath of fresh air aren't they?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I can't help but wonder if it's because I'm in my 30s with more experience under my belt. These two are 10 years younger than me, and things have progressed like the speed of light. After two weeks, they said their I Love You's. I've been with my gf for damn near 7 months and we still don't say it to each other (although she's been hinting).

They moved into a house in the 5hittiest part of town. One comment on their housewarming event page said "That neighborhood looks scary on google maps". Personally, I'd rather live in a nice apartment than in a house in 5hitville. But I guess when you're in a hurry, you don't have time to shop for something remotely nice.

Des I can relate, like I said my buddy hooked up with a co-worker one night and they hung out every day for two months straight before they moved in together. it was nuts, I was letting the guy live with me and he didn't even feel the need to ask me if it was ok if she could come over. Shyt got out of hand and I had to check both their asses before they moved

@Desire

I wish you the best, I wouldn't wanna be in that situation my buddies girl doesn't drive so she takes the bus or he has to pick her up. On top of that she isn't even divorced yet, but has been separated from her hubby for a year now