Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quick car warranty question

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those more knowledgeable than I. 2003 Acura Rsx-s I was told the heat shield for my catalyst converter is broken. There is a metal plate hanging of fmy car dragging on the ground as an oil pan would do but its not the oil pan. Is this type of repair covered under general warranty? I called the acura dealer but they wont really answer me. They want me to bring it in.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

Catalist would have two heat shields, one on top, one on bottom. You really need to tack the brocken piece in place, that's all. Go under your car, if the top piece not brocken, and only bottom brocken, you can rip it off, if top piece is missing, then you're in trouble.

It would be cheaper to go to an exhaust shop and pay for repair, which will only take 10 minutes. Tack it into place. If it's more serious then replace the catalic converter.

I know dealer should do it for free, perhaps. But it will take the whole day and you paying shop fees.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks both. The Link is going to help me a lot