"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Question

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Every Friday my good friend and I go to a red lobster to eat. One of the hostess' there I always flirt with and I am planning on askin her to hang out this upcoming Friday.

The problem is one of my friends (who is a girl) has a friend who is interested in me. She is going to start coming along (she asked the person whom I usually go with if her and her friend could come along).

Now, her friend is nice and I would definetly consider hooking up with her, but she is on the backburner until I see whatsup with this other chick.

My question is: Should I just flirt/ask the other chick out right in front of the other (backup... I guess) girl's face? That's what I am planning on doing, but I would just like to get an opinion or two on the matter before hand.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Do your romantic business in private and only in 'one-on-one' situations, if possible. Why do you have a need to bring others into your personal affairs by making it so public?
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Do your romantic business in private and only in 'one-on-one' situations, if possible. Why do you have a need to bring others into your personal affairs by making it so public?
It usually is one-on-one. I didn't invite these girls to come, my friend did. So it kind of makes things more complicated.
 

ToP DoN

Banned
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
San Francisco
private

i agree with puerto rican....i mean...why do it with them there...i would prefer to do it private...and also who says you cant have both girls? if you hit it off with the hostess then the friend might not like you anymore...but if its done in private...you can get the hostess and the the friend...and now you have OPTIONS!!!
 
Top