Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

question

midnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
so this girl I used to have a crush on in middle school found me on yahoo 360... Well I asked for her number so I could text her at work when I got bored (she's still lookin fine) and she responded with her number and said call anytime. well I texted her last night when I was at a party and she hasn't responded. Does the nature of her response say I should have called her? We havn't seen each other in like 8 years so I didn't want it to be awkward. Thats why I texted her first... I'll probably call her later on though. Just curious about some peoples ideas.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much time elapsed between getting the number and sending the text message. One thing you must expect when calling/text messaging a woman the first time is that she is highly probable that she might not pick-up/respond. In regard to text message, it all depends on the time of the day and the content of the message. Besides, the message could be interpreted differently when you text message someone. I always avoid text messaging someone the very first time I obtain her number. Maybe only when I'm drunk at the club and just wanted to shag the woman; else, I'll give myself sometime and call her differend day. I always leave message indicating when and where we met on my first call. In your case, since you already know the girl to begin with, you should have callled her.... In any case, first text message should always be brief. It should have gone like this:
"Hey Kristin, this is midnight. I forgot to pass along my number to you the other day on yahoo 360. Long time....."
In this way, she can respond or not. In any case, you were not expecting her to respond anyway. Regardless, she now have your number. Now you can call her.....

midnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting.. well she gave me her # on wednesday and I texted her on thursday... I hear you on the tendency not to respond (on the chicks part). I'll let everyone know what happens when I call...