Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question: Why?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people always try to change SOMETHING? It's as if for every rule that is put in place, for every ban or restriction, there is some type of protest.

Why?

Why do you guys insist on lifting the cursing ban, when you obviously can find a way around it?

Or

Why insist upon talking about politics when this forum is more dedicated to aiding those in need, instead of inciting political flame wars and arguments consisting of...

"Bush is stupid, we need to pull out!"
-"No way! Kill the towel-iban"

Look, sure, political conversations are healthy, assuming both parties can remain civil...

Not going to happen. It's the internet. People are more likely to say something rude and inconsiderate, as well as unfounded and just plain ignorant, over the internet as opposed to face to face.

There are political forums.
There are places where you can cuss.
There are places where you can buy drugs legally.
Just not here.

Don't like it? Well, I don't see things changing any time soon. Guys, from what I've seen, complaining will do little good.

If you want change, you'll need to be a little more organized...
Right now I see a bunch of farmers running around with pitchforks and laterns trying to take out the Air Force. You keep getting shot down.:kick:

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh the irony! You're trying to do the same thing to the people you're talking about as the people you're talking about are trying to do to what they're talking about :D

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe your sig should be amended to 'I would rather DIE on my feet, than LIVE on my knees - but then again, rules are rules.'

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
There are two sides to every argument. Just like you wonder why people try to be revolutionary, I wonder why not enough people question the rules under which they are placed.

I wont get too political here, but if it weren't for naysayers and hellraisers, America would still be a british colony and you would not enjoy the freedoms you do today. Never forget that.

I started the poll thread to get an idea of what people want around here. Perhaps you see it as farmers and pitchforks, but I am merely presenting the sentiments of the good posters here to the mods and admins of the forum. What they do with this info is their business, but at least they can make an informed decision.

Right now the polls in that thread show overwhelming support for lifting the bans. Maybe this will do nothing and things won't change.. its all good. I rest easy knowing I tried!

In closing I would like to commend the mods here..as much sh!t as I give them, they do break the rules a bit themselves if a political topic is interesting enough to warrant a discussion. A shame that some of you don't know how to debate issues like grown men.

Alls I can say is that if we all show that we are capable of having mature, enlightened conversation, without resorting to name-calling or childish behavior, then maybe they would lift the ban.

As for the whole cuss-word thing, what can I say.. it feels good to say fuck instead of fukk.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revolutionary? Cut the teen angst crap.

The original poster had a very good point that I don't think there is a satisfactory answer for besides that people are just plain stupid.

This is a forum for picking up girls -- so let's talk about George Bush!!

Yeah, as though that makes any kind of sense. As though sosuave is the ONLY forum on the internet. Like Alan has some kind of monopoly and no political forums exist elsewhere.

It's not really about rules, it's about context and the original poster made a very good point about why poeple are always going so far outside of context that anyone who can actuallyt THINK wonders "WTF is wrong with these people".

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point then for having an Anything Else forum?

Sports, the weather, what's happening in the news... or anything else. Talk about it here.

Why isn't this post and the subsequent replies abnout "picking up girls"??

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NINJA PIMP said:
I wont get too political here, but if it weren't for naysayers and hellraisers, America would still be a british colony and you would not enjoy the freedoms you do today. Never forget that.
More like if it weren't for a bunch of aristocratic white guys who didn't feel like paying taxes on their tea...

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
:eek: :confused: and all this time i thought this was a car forum :rolleyes:

anyways the description of the anything else forum sums it up. There are 6 other categories on sosuave that has to do with "picking up girls" and yet the 1 in which its description explains it as "Sports, the weather, what's happening in the news... or anything else. Talk about it here." and in which the few political threads have began in is causing this whining and moaning is plain foolish.

People who get all sensitive have the freedom of choice not clicking/reading the thread. :rock:

P

PIMP NINJA

Luthor Rex said:
The original poster had a very good point that I don't think there is a satisfactory answer for besides that people are just plain stupid.
Interesting interpretation, though I fail to see where I said that in my post. Skilla does ask a good question which is basically "Why do people rock the boat if they know the rules?"

I challenge that notion by saying "What if the rules suck?" Are we not entitled to express our opinion? I would go even further to say that people like Skilla are a fascist's dream come true. Any dictator loves a population of people who never question the way things are.

This forum is much more than picking up girls, it is an online locker room where us guys get to talk about real sh!t..of course pvssy is a major focus because we love it, but it's nice to be able to speak freely about anything with people who are on the same page as you.

Yeah, as though that makes any kind of sense. As though sosuave is the ONLY forum on the internet. Like Alan has some kind of monopoly and no political forums exist elsewhere.
I am not interested enough in politics to join a forum JUST about that. I want to just shoot the shizz with my fellow DJs without any restrictions. The whole "political discussions cause flame wars" argument is pretty shoddy when you look at recent threads where you'd be hard pressed to find an insult, most dudes here can debate like gentlemen.

It's not really about rules, it's about context and the original poster made a very good point about why poeple are always going so far outside of context that anyone who can actuallyt THINK wonders "WTF is wrong with these people".
As far as I know, the Anything Else forum falls outside the context of the rest of the forums. It would be as if I were to go to Health and Fitness forum and have folks close my thread if I talk about steroids or some other controversial sh!t.

The whole policy is insulting, like we are all too immature to talk about real issues. Am I the only one who feels this way? If so please tell me and I will gladly STFU on the subject.

P

PIMP NINJA

TheNewGuy said:
More like if it weren't for a bunch of aristocratic white guys who didn't feel like paying taxes on their tea...
Money is always the primary motivating factor. The founding fathers were not saints either and in fact owned slaves and participated in questionable activities. But still, they had the courage and vision to build a nation from scratch, with a level of democracy and freedoms that were unheard of at the time. Each of them laying their life on the line for a better life for them and all Americans. Funny how you reduce that to getting a discount on tea.