Question on Flax Seed oil

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have searched many times and keep seeing contradiction. Is flaxseed oil good for bulking?.....I read on body building.com that it helps reduce fat........Is this true?....because her on SS it says to use it while bulking,

~Smooth

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girths it right up!
:crackup:

Edit - by the way I take flax seed oil 1-2 times a day. Has many good uses. Sorry , I'm not very helpfull.......

Last edited:

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see Warboss has yielded offspring :p

Uhh... I have no useful answer... I just take 30ml per day.

Been taking it so long I can't remember why.

It serves many a purpose, though...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flax oil is second only to fish oil in my opinion, for EFAs and general health benefits, and slightly easier to swallow.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Flax oil is second only to fish oil in my opinion, for EFAs and general health benefits, and slightly easier to swallow.
As a source of extra calories it can get expensive though, try olive oil instead.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It isn't exactly highly recommended that you take fish oil unless you have a specific condition that fish oil is known to be beneficial for.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that's true scrum, fish oil is a really good source of omega 3 fatty acids which are very low in most american diets......the only thing to be careful of is that it also contains just as much omega 6 fatty acids which americans consume much more of than the prior, so it would be wise to cut down on outside sources of omega 6's so the ratio doesn't become something like 20:1 (Omega 6:Omega 3) Ideally you want it to be 2:1 if possible because Omega 6's act as inflamatories in the body wheras Omega 3's constitute the anti-inflamitory agent (The 2 work together in a sort of canceling each other out)

I personally can't say enough about fish oil.....I love the stuff. It works for your brain, lower triglyceride levels, inhibit blood clotting preventing athrosclorosis, improves circulation, and cures AIDS......not yet but I'm still researching:D

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
It isn't exactly highly recommended that you take fish oil unless you have a specific condition that fish oil is known to be beneficial for.
Why?

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought flax seed oil today. Its supposed to help the joints out right????

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Flax seed oil is great, only real problem with is that is highly instable. So what you get in that bottle might just be crap already. Fresh flax seed oil "lives" only about a week and even sets itself on fire when put on a rag. Spontaneous combustion.l So they have to put stuff in to keep it stable.

BTW haven´t seen anything about canola oil yet.. another great oil, an alternative to olive oil, much cheaper, called "the olive oil of the north". Hey we should make an Oil Thread as an overview.