Question for the dancing pro’s..

buster69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for the dancing pro’s..
Any tips for increasing Interest level in a dance teacher you have had a few lessons with.Taking lessons from a woman can put you in a bad frame but I tried to keep it fun.
I have a pretty mean cha cha/Salsa which I have no problems with in the local latin clubs. Just took a few lessons with this teacher because I liked her..but her interest level is low.{ I even joked with her “you are not interested in my body, Just my money”}
She is my age and saw on “match dot com” that I fitted her date profile …just about..

Any ideas about amping up the interest.

I know more fish in the sea,,I have enough dates/dances with other Girls,and she is a long term project to poke.

Last edited:

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That a steep hill to climb...
Let me think about this.
BTW, have you got your C.Cha straight leg action handled? Or are you learning the traditional Cuban style with soft knees?

I teach part time and occasionally I will take a female student 'out' and into the clubs. That works OK sometimes - women often get a crush on their teachers BUT I do not know whether it works in reverse.
IN your situation I would wait until you have finished your short course of lessons and THEN ask her out to dance and take it from there.
Do NOT hit on her in the studio.
By all means be a little C&F but go no further- female dance teachers take themselves and their skills VERY seriously. IT is 'all business' when they are teaching.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait a few weeks then email her on match.com, don't make it awkard at the lessons you are taking..

buster69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil
Straight leg action is fine . I learnt Cha Cha in the ballroom from professional latin dancers from US and UK..
In my social dances I dance forward back with lock steps in the chasse.. I rarely use side to side in the night clubs maybe one or two cross overs {new yorkers} in a dance.
Favorite number to dance right now is “Boom Boom by Chayanne” ..check it out!!!

OK full story..
Started dancing 3 years ago..went to group Salsa classes once or twice a week..Been taking private lessons for most of that time with an ex- pro dancer {Josie} who lives in one of my rentals.
All group and privates took place at my local Dance school which is a 12 min drive from my house..The teacher I like{Jane} just opened a new dance school 35 min from me.

6 weeks ago I started going to the new school on Mondays for the group West Coast swing class{this was taught by a guy}

My regular teacher would be out of town for two weeks so I asked Jane if she could give me two private lessons. Its a new school we were the only ones in the school during the lessons..She knows I fancy her.
The second lesson was on a Saturday [she had already added me to her facebook} I had seen she was going to the reopening of a latin club that night and said maybe I would see her that night…

I arrived around 11pm.. small club live band 12 or so on the dance floor and 8 people at the bar...girls drink free till midnight.. Danced one salsa with Jane then salsa and merengue with her girl friend a 37 yearold 20 lb overweight Hispanic hottie. Jane seemed to be setting me up with the Hispanic girl ??Saying things like “dance with Marcia shes a good dancer”.

Jane and Maria split at 12 just when my dancing was warming up…I stayed till around 1 am

The following Saturday bumped into Jane and Marcia who had a guy in tow at the regular Big Latin club {over 200 people by midnight} gets pretty crowded on the dance floor.

This is a very loud club and Jane wears ear plugs. Got Jane a drink and danced salsa with both of them..{Marcias guy did not dance} Jane did not want to dance meringue with me and said dance with Marcia again.When we came off the dance floor Jane said “did you have fun”…I replied “I always have fun but I would have more fun with you!”

The 3 of them split pretty soon, Jane had to get up early !!

That was last Saturday …yesterday on facebook Jane wished people a Merry Christmas and said she had a few last minute things to shop for. I set her a private message thru facebook..

quote……….

"…Merry Christmas Jane ...Enjoy your shopping ...I'm a 32x30, but you don't need to buy me anything all I want is a BIG wet kiss ...Happy new year Buster...p.s. more lessons soon josie is going to New York for New Years !!!"

"Merry Christmas Buster. Well. I am not buying much but I shall enjoy it. Sorry, you won't be getting the big wet kiss, but I will enjoy teaching you while Josie is away. Money always makes me smile. :). See you monday."

Then I sent finale message

“You are no fun”

If I do not see her at the clubs I will prob she her Monday at the swing class,she is behind the desk or she may fill in the class if there is a girl shortage.class size is about 8 to 14 people.

Merry Christmas GUYS

Jean Valjean

Don Juan
Reaction score
I meet all my girls dancing. It is obvious that she has low interest in you. Do not hit on her while she is teaching this is called sexual harrassment. You can get sued. She will not respect you for it, becuase you are using her livelihood to expect some sexual relationship. She told you she only wants a paycheck. Ithink this is her way of saying don't mix pleasure with my bsuiness.

My advise is that you should just try to be friends with her and see where it goes. Why try so hard on someone who does not find you appealing. I would pursue a friendship and suggest benign low cost activities and see how she responds. If she does not answer or deflects the offer. There is all the evidence you need to leave her alone. You can't command someone's heart.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
buster69 said:
In my social dances I dance forward back with lock steps in the chasse.. I rarely use side to side in the night clubs maybe one or two cross overs {new yorkers} in a dance.
Yeah, thats fine because locks force the women to travel fwd and back with you .Even if she is a beginner, she will then dance more energetically than if you tried to stick to traditionally correct "4 and 1" side chasse .
Unfortunately C.C.C still requires a lot more floor space than salsa or mambo ,so clubbing can cramp your performance.