Question for stoners...

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CCKazi007 said:
Disclaimer: I tried it and I think drinking is cheaper and better.
Drinking = spending $30 or more for one night of being hammered, in addition to slurred speech, walking funny, puking, hangovers, and damaging your liver and damaging your brain.

Weed = spending $50 for an eighth of krippie can easily last one month (I once calculated it to be $2.50 per session) to feel drunk but with no slurred speech, more control of your body, no puking, no hangovers, no liver damage, memory lapses but no persistent long-term brain damage, and plenty of high laughter. Other than it not being good for your lungs, the only major ill side-effect is illegality. I say no "persistent long-term brain damage" because although cognitive deficiencies do certainly develop, all cognitive deficiencies clear up by three to six months for even heavy stoners. For anyone who bothers to look up the research, there is no evidence whatsoever that weed kills brain cells--slows it down for awhile but doesn't actually cause damage.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
justAd1ck:
Alcohol kills more than any drug combine... why is it still legal and marijuana is not?
I think that is a good question. I wholeheartedly disagree with wild-eyed conspiracy theories, which never pass the reasonable plausibility scratch-n-sniff test. I once heard a stoner say it's because it can't be taxed because it's illegal... what fine circular logic. I do think stoners conjure wild hypotheses out of desperation to explain the cognitive dissonance between them and the law; they can't find a reason and so they go absurd.

I think the primary fundamental reason is:

The puritanical victorian linkage of pure body and mind with the upbringing of children. When tobacco companies wanted to make flavored cigarettes for adults, they faced heavy opposition from social groups who claimed it would entice teenagers to smoke; same thing with alcoholic beverage companies facing opposition to the production of wine coolers for adults. In Utah, adults can't buy wine coolers in grocery stores because "for the children." For sex education, teaching kids to never have sex even as an adult is the "education" -- by teaching abstinence-only to teenagers, thereby never educating them for adult behavior. There's a huge debate going on right now over the vaccine for HPV because "it might promote teenage sex".

Marijuana's prohibition came about at approximately the same time as alcohol's constitutional prohibition and I suspect the reason why marijuana has remained illegal, whereas alcohol has not, is because marijuana is a chemically-induced orgasm. That first time someone gets high which typically is between their second or third try, they experience the world's longest and greatest orgasm. The better something makes someone feel, the more restrictions and the closer to illegality it will be. Smoking cigarettes makes people feel sick and alcohol doesn't induce an orgasm, so that's why they remain legal. We can't have teenagers feeling an orgasm, now can we?

...And just where is that pipe?

Last edited:

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I wasn't going for making those cases appear common. The Peter North dude asked me how having your judgement and perception of time impaired, and having inhibitions lowered is dangerous...so I gave him 3 specific scenarios. First and third are albeit unlikely, but the second could definitely happen. A stoner operating heavy machinery could EASILY be distracted and impale someone in his path.

I have smoked weed countless times and the only damage I managed to do was kill a couple dozen chickens through my KFC purchases.

:crackup: Been there, done that. Thank God for KFC. I used to get that 6-piece Honey BBQ wing box, mashed potatoes, large popcorn chicken, 2 biscuits with honey and butter, and the soda after blazing...nothing better than a huge KFC meal right afterward. What was your favorite?

Another thing you have to realise is that weed does not cause schizophrenia, it brings out dormant schizophrenia.

I'll give you that, but c'mon. I'm sure it won't really matter to the dude who's head is now on a stick because some stoner had a psychotic episode due to his "dormant schizophrenia".

The best case solution would also have people being EDUCATED about drugs.

I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I'm posting on this thread. There's actually some people here that honestly don't think there's ANY harm at all in using drugs.

By the way, do you smoke, drink, drink coffee or eat chocolate?

I drink champagne and beer on occasion. Rarely get drunk. No on all the others. Don't try the hypocrisy angle with marijuana though...I'm fully aware of the dangers of alcohol. :p
They have this deal where you get 2 pieces of chicken, a fillet burger, chips and a side for real cheap, its the sh!t for taking care of the munchies. I was going more for the angle that the four I listed are drugs too. The majority of people take drugs and they don't even admit to it. There seems to be this divide between socially accepted drugs which arent even considered drugs and "bad drugs" which are looked down upon. People make me laugh. I agree that people who think there are no consequences to taking drugs are just as bad as those who think that smoking a joint is gonna kill you. Its all about knowledge and balance.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Marijuana's prohibition came about at approximately the same time as alcohol's constitutional prohibition and I suspect the reason why marijuana has remained illegal, whereas alcohol has not, is because marijuana is a chemically-induced orgasm. That first time someone gets high which typically is between their second or third try, they experience the world's longest and greatest orgasm. The better something makes someone feel, the more restrictions and the closer to illegality it will be. Smoking cigarettes makes people feel sick and alcohol doesn't induce an orgasm, so that's why they remain legal. We can't have teenagers feeling an orgasm, now can we?
Rep plus!

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Who ever said drugs do not kill has never really used them much. While some drugs may not kill you directly, your behavior on drugs and your experiences when using them can kill you. For example, alcohol or weed may not kill you, but driving drunk can. LSD will not kill you, but walking through a window and falling 20 stories onto a concrete sidewalk probably will. Cocaine may not kill you, but driving 150mph into oncoming traffic on the highway can. Who ever does not believe in these scenarios must never tried those drugs.

Let me give you some of my own experience.

Please, please, please, do not do drugs!

I was never a "stoner" in the traditional sense of the word, in that I never smoked marijuana more than once, but I did get addicted to another much more powerful and dangerous drug for some time. A drug so powerful, my "stoner" friends thought I was insane for doing it, and kept trying to convince me to stop. Looking back, it was a real nightmare, and I have been very lucky.

I still experience some of the long-term effects, such as not knowing if an experience was real or a dream - I some times seriously wonder if certain occurences really happened or not. The temporary high you get from drugs is not worth the effects after it is over.

I experienced a lot of extreme anxiety and paranoia after I stopped using it - that sucks, especially when at one point you got over your social anxieties. It also caused me some depression, and even after I had decided to quit, I went back to it a few times.

Not to mention, once you become addicted, you will lose friends, and people will not want to be around you as much, and you will keep taking it to delude yourself that things are not so.

You'll do things you never would do while sober. You will lie, steal, break laws, betray friends and family, etc. all just to get your fix. When you look back on the experiences, you will be disgusted and you will not be able to imagine how it all happened. You will be a totally different person, and you will see a very dark side of yourself that you never imagined possible.

Then, every time I stopped, I would get paranoid. Being paranoid is really crazy because it is very real to you, while everyone else is convinced you're crazy. I still experience the paranoia effects, and have to convince myself that it's "in my head."

I never listened to people who told me not to do drugs. I thought they were a joke. I had so many close calls it's not funny. There are over 30 experiences that could have landed me on my death bed or in prison. I remember one time I was about to jump off a 4th story balcony because I thought I could fly, but luckily some guy held me back.

And these are just the psychological side-effects. What's really insane is that after all of this, part of my mind keeps urging me to do it again. WTF.

Perhaps you have to try it to really understand why they are so dangerous. But when you do get fvcked up, don't say no one warned you.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Who ever said drugs do not kill has never really used them much. While some drugs may not kill you directly, your behavior on drugs and your experiences when using them can kill you. For example, alcohol or weed may not kill you, but driving drunk can. LSD will not kill you, but walking through a window and falling 20 stories onto a concrete sidewalk probably will. Cocaine may not kill you, but driving 150mph into oncoming traffic on the highway can. Who ever does not believe in these scenarios must never tried those drugs.

Let me give you some of my own experience.

And these are just the psychological side-effects. What's really insane is that after all of this, part of my mind keeps urging me to do it again. WTF.

Perhaps you have to try it to really understand why they are so dangerous. But when you do get fvcked up, don't say no one warned you.
...If you read the thread we're dicussing the EFFECTS/CONS/PROS of MARIJUANA not any other kind of drug, whoever does anything besides weed, caffine and alochol is a MORON/IDIOT. Yes every other drug besides weed, caffine and alcohol is DANGEROUS. We're argueing that Weed doesn't kill people, if ppl do stupid sh*t while they're high then they're the idiots just like there's ppl who do stupid sh*t and get themselves hurt while drunk. In most cases ppl with normal IQ and commonsense won't harm others or themselves while high on WEED.

Alcohol has major cons if you drink and get drunk everyday. I was talking about recreational use just like most weed users. Doing anything over moderation is horrible you can overdose on cofee and die if you really tried. My point is that alcohol has more affects and more likely to end up hurting/killing someone than Weed because it's harder for most ppl to control it.

If Weed did influence ppl's behavior and made them more violent then why haven't the crime rate gone up? The last time I checked the crime rate has gone down since the use of marijuana has increased. (Compare crime rates from 1970 to 2000) Every year drunk drivers kill others or themselves, morons on weed also get into accidents but the number isn't even comparable. Also every year there are hundreds of ppl going ER for alcohol poisioning there has been minimal cases (less than 50 cases) of ppl having to go to the ER for overdose on THC/Weed because you just can't do it, you pass out at a certain level and that level is not leathal.

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yeah, totally dude. I saw this one chick at work take an ASPIRIN when she had a headache. She was way high and ѕhit even a few hours after word, sayin' her head didn't hurt anymore and crap that like that. What an IDIOT!
Wow that chick is such a loser! Taking aspirin for a headache... she needs to suck it up! At least that drug is LEGAL and easy to buy anywhere like CVS. Man I wish they sold ALCOHOL, CAFFINE TABS and WEED at CVS and doctors would prescribe them to me!

justAd1ck

Don Juan
Reaction score
usually weed makes you too lazy to do anything. You just wanna sit there and enjoy the high. There's a much much higher chance of you going out and rob a bank while drunk than stoned. :yes: