Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question for History Buffs, World War II.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were the international markets segregated because of this? If I were in say 1943 America could I buy shares of a German company at the time?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Wait, so during the second world war, these German companies were still traded internationally or was that all restricted to German borders only once the war was well underway. I'm curious how many of them survived four years of war. I know Siemens survived by helping out the regime at the time, helping with various fund raising, lending their equipment and etc.

But what about the rest of them?

Daimler-Benz, Rolls Royce, BMW, Siemens, all of them were at the heart of the German military machine. They built tanks, engines, armament, weapons, everything.

If you guys want to see some badass tanks, look up German tanks of WWII on wikipedia. Their medium, heavy, and super heavy tanks are truly some of the baddest machines I've ever seen. The massive King Tiger had the equivalent of an artillery battery jutting from it's turret, there was nothing that could even put a dent in it. But they didn't start making them until later in the war and they didn't produce enough.

Andy_Dufresne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Companies in Florida were very happy to sell phosphates to the Nazis long after the war had started, but the US had not joined. After the US joined the war, Congress eventually passed the Trading with the Enemy Act, which forbade such behavior, but before then it was open season. I have run across old newspaper articles from the late 1930's with headlines like Nazi's to Buy More Florida Phosphates! Those articles typically have a happy overtone, stating how great it was that Florida was getting business from the Nazis. It was good for the local economy.
Another book I read years ago "Russia at War" decribed that on the morning of the June 1941 invasion, German soldiers who were tasked to secure the rail lines recalled tanker trains of Russian oil headed into occupied Poland. It was also fact that the US sent a huge percentage of its scrap steel to Japan right up until Pearl Harbor.

Not an expert, but knowing what I know about the Depression I think most financiers in the "first world" were so anxious to make a buck they simply ignored politics. Back then there was a "world economy" as well, it was just held back by tariffs somewhat.

Funny, human nature is different when you're not sure where your next meal is coming from.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I never asked about America. Thanks for trolling, post reported.
What is your problem? My post was spot on. All facts. Nobody could deny that Hitler helped the German economy. Nobody could deny that America was having serious issues in the 30's with its economy. You are reporting me for saying that? You are the Ultimate Troll!! Even guys who usually don't agree with me are agreeing with me on this one!

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
What is your problem? My post was spot on. All facts. Nobody could deny that Hitler helped the German economy. Nobody could deny that America was having serious issues in the 30's with its economy. You are reporting me for saying that? You are the Ultimate Troll!! Even guys who usually don't agree with me are agreeing with me on this one!
All anyone agrees on is that you are DONE.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Jimbo is not exactly the best user to read and I dont hyde the fact that he piss me off everytime he speaks of east europe as a place where u can go fvck some teen girl easily and then live as nothing happened,however the guy have points often and a cultural knowledge that is very rare among other users.

The sad fact is that everytime he speaks bad of something,there's some truth in that even if the fact is enlarged beyond the limit.
I think that asking for his ban would mostly lead to some loss to this board.

I'm surprised however to read people that I recall libertarians to cheer about censorship and ban*.

*I'm referring also to the other thread.