Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question about phone game

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

When I call a number, I usually just set up a meeting, and if the time doesn't work, I call them back later to do something

This means my phone game is usually like 60 seconds long, and very dry. I'd say I'm fairly interetsing in real life, so how can I spice up my phone game to continue the awesomeness?

Also, I just asked a girl out to coffee and the time wouldn't work for her, so I said I'd call later to set something up during the week. Should I just get her to commit to a plan before she gets off the phone?

Also, how many times can you call to set up a date before you get creepy?

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I just asked a girl out to coffee and the time wouldn't work for her, so I said I'd call later to set something up during the week. Should I just get her to commit to a plan before she gets off the phone?
Yes you do want to close the deal on that initial phone call, but if she says whatever date/time you set isn't good for her, actually, instead of pushing ("Well then is Tuesday better for you? How about Wednesday?") which can makes you come off as needy/lonely/no other options, what you ought to be doing is waiting to hear if she counter offers:

"That time's not good for me - but Thursday around 5 is good."

No counter offer or a vague "call me next week I have to check my schedule" or any excuse "My brother is coming in from Outer Mongolia and I haven't seen him in ten years" or even if it sounds legit, strongly indicates that your coffee date is never going to happen with her.

how can I spice up my phone game to continue the awesomeness?
Start it off with a reference from something you spoke about the last time you spoke, as if the prior conversation never ended. This has a cool effect of bringing her state right back to where you were.

Then springboard from that and just chit chat for a few minutes saying anything off the top of your head that's funny, then get to the point of why you called (to set up the date).

how many times can you call to set up a date before you get creepy?
If you make it your mission to make a definite date, place and time on the first phone call (she'll either say "yes" or give any one of a million reasons why she can't...), then you don't have to worry about calling back.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HMMM his advice is right from the OUTDATED KENXTIONS tapes back in the 1990's.

It still has some merrit though............lets answer your questions 1 at a time.

Should I just get her to commit to a plan before she gets off the phone?
YES OFFER THE CLICHE` WHICH DAY WORKS FOR YOU (form it in a EITHER OR type of question)

Also, how many times can you call to set up a date before you get creepy.
1 ideal, 2......is borderline. The first phone call is to contine the virtual rapport than transition to a real meeting.

Introduce yourself, tease her with a nic name, and set up specifics (time, location, etc). Dont make it too far in advance as people don't always remember or get a sooner/better offer. Text/instant message the day before
to make sure. Keep non verbal communication open.