Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Question about meeting women on AOL

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
After refusing for years to ever try and pick up chicks over AOL, I have decided to give it a try so as to give myself additional opportunities to meet women. I will still focus on meeting them in person, but based on some success members have mentioned, I believe it would be stubborn of me not to at least try. Just a little time, here and there, so if nothing comes out of it, nothing lost.

My question is for people who have had success in this venue. My first questiion is how soon after your initial conversation, do you ask to exchange pictures (ie, first chat, second chat, etc...). Also at what point do you think it would be best to ask an attractive chick if she'd like to go for coffee or whatever (ie, 3 or 4 chats). When you've had success online, what worked for you? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
#1 advice if you have about 4 chats with them and you still havent gone out, or 2 chats and you still dont have their phone #, just move on and dont waste your time. and you need a picture right away, from the first chat....also dont overdo it, and thats about it for me
 

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
some 4-5 years ago, I used to talk to tons of chix on AOL. I got pretty good at it after a while. The key is to get into a semi interested conversation (unlike the ones she's having with the other 20 chumps talking to her and competing for her attention). The key is to get her number ASAP, and if possible call her right away, otherwise she will forget who you are.

If there is some kind of connection, and she's trying to impress you, she won't hessitate to send you a picture, specially if she's attractive.

Ask her to get together on the first phone conversation. Don't waste time. Don't fall into the trap of being her "online buddy", you are way too busy for that non-sense. Just move on to the next one who will give you her phone number. Believe me, if they are on, they will give you their number, as long as there is enough interest.
 

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Thanks undesputable and Gangster of Love, that sounds like some great advice.

My only concern would be asking for info (picture, phone #) too soon (before repoire is created). However, I would rather rather err on the side of asking too soon , than waiting too long in which case all would be lost.

I know this may be a stupid question, but is there any specific way you ask to exchange pictures. I mean, do you preface it with any comment, just wondering.
 

Reflex

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Unbridled_1
Thanks undesputable and Gangster of Love, that sounds like some great advice.

My only concern would be asking for info (picture, phone #) too soon (before repoire is created). However, I would rather rather err on the side of asking too soon , than waiting too long in which case all would be lost.

I know this may be a stupid question, but is there any specific way you ask to exchange pictures. I mean, do you preface it with any comment, just wondering.

Hey man, I don't want to come off as I'm ragging you but I'm helping you here. Please forget about this "online PU" thing. You're basically weeding yourself out of society. Most girls that are online are a figment of your imagination(either they are LSE, ugly, etc.), and there are rarely hot girls online like that. Well the really hot girls I mean, you could be going for the subliminal semi-attractive ones? If I were to give you a word of advice, go out in a social setting and approach.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
Ask her to get together on the first phone conversation. Don't waste time. Don't fall into the trap of being her "online buddy", you are way too busy for that non-sense. Just move on to the next one who will give you her phone number. Believe me, if they are on, they will give you their number, as long as there is enough interest.
If you do anything, listen to this advice. I might add that you can always ask to get together before even getting her telephone number. You can bypass wasting a ton of time because a woman with a high IL will want to meet you. Of course you have to be the type of person she will want to meet sooner than later... ;)
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
If you're going to pick up on chicks from online, make sure they're at most an hour's drive from where you live.

Having an internet romance from California to Texas just doesn't make sense.
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
Originally posted by Reflex
Most girls that are online are a figment of your imagination(either they are LSE, ugly, etc.), and there are rarely hot girls online like that. Well the really hot girls I mean, you could be going for the subliminal semi-attractive ones? If I were to give you a word of advice, go out in a social setting and approach.
i know so many girls that are 8+ and get online on a regular basis to talk, im talking about girls that i know personally. i dont talk to them online tho, i talk to the important ones on the phone or get together with them.....

but you would be surpirse how many incredibly hot girls get online to talk. they do it mostly cause they want to talk to their other girlfriends.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Very true. I've used AOL in my arsenal of picking up girls (mainly for 1-week flings) for several years now. I'm not sure as to why it is, but I'd venture a guess that (for whatever reason) girls who are hooked in to AOL are easier (in terms of getting into bed quickly) than their offline counterparts. My best friend, who's one of the greatest natural's that I've ever come across, has his buddy list populated by some amazing looking girls.

You seem to be worried about asking for their pictures. Don't be. You don't think that they aren't wondering what you look like too, are you? They know that you aren't coming on there to be their new best friend - you're a guy, and guys by nature are sexual beings. If you're going to use AOL - which there's nothing wrong in doing so long as you supplement your existing game with it instead of replacing it - then get about 3-5 minutes into a conversation, light-hearted and fun for that time, then start asking about her. Perhaps - "i'm guessing you've got a picture?" If she's already seen yours, and she does want you (attraction is physical, no matter what anyone else says) then she's going to either show you it, or work hard at getting one in the next day or two. I'm not all about meeting someone sight-unseen, because from the 1 or 2 times that I've done that years ago I was EXTREMELY let down. Since then, I've stuck to checking out a picture of someone first.

Anyway, if you have any other questions regarding the matter post them in here - I'll drop in to check on it sometime soon.
 
Top