Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question About Cold Sores

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I know there is a risk of passing oral herpes through Oral sex, but if I have a cold sore and penetrate a girl with my d!ck, will she get genital herpes? Google is surprisingly unhelpful for this specific question. Thanks guys

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yes any open sore, if it’s hsv1 or 2 can infect both orally and genitally.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes any open sore, if it’s hsv1 or 2 can infect both orally and genitally.
No that’s not what I’m asking.

If I have a cold sore on my mouth, but NOT my d!ck (I don’t have genital herpes)

my question is: can my D!CK pass it to her even if my mouth is all that is infected? Does that make sense? I don’t understand why this question is not answered anywhere it seems so odd to me but maybe I’m just not asking it in a way people understand

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Given that the shedding is site dependent (sores) I would posit no you will not transmit. Unless you use saliva that passes over the open sore as lube. You need to be careful with vector/fomite transmission.

No that’s not what I’m asking.

If I have a cold sore on my mouth, but NOT my d!ck (I don’t have genital herpes)

my question is: can my D!CK pass it to her even if my mouth is all that is infected? Does that make sense? I don’t understand why this question is not answered anywhere it seems so odd to me but maybe I’m just not asking it in a way people understand

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given that the shedding is site dependent (sores) I would posit no you will not transmit. Unless you use saliva that passes over the open sore as lube. You need to be careful with vector/fomite transmission.
Ok good to know, thanks. Condoms it is

Edit: Just thinking about this now, does that mean if I use my spit as lube I can give myself genital herpes from my own cold sore??

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yes, also was your hands with warm water and soap all the time if you have an active sore anywhere. You hands are the number one way to transmit disease.

M

member160292

There’s always a chance of herpes, no matter how slim…

what kind of chicks are you banging, OP?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fwiw hsv1 doesn't like the genital area very much. It is possible to have an hsv1 outbreak there, but for almost all people hsv1 does not re occur if they do get it once down below.
So it doesn’t infect the genitals by morphing into hsv2?