Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quality over quantity! Cap the # of newbies

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LETS RATCHET THINGS UP A NOTCH!!

Sounds harsh but you have to admit, and its been felt a million times before - this site has diminished to a AFC level unseen before!

At first, I thought it was going to be a "faze" whereas, the newbies would have to catch up becasue hey, we all had to start somewhere right?

This was when the site had around what I feel, 50% real true DJ's.

Today, the level has dropped by into the single digits.

I'm interested, could you give us some stats on how many people sign up a month, compared to lets say 2 years ago?

Is your mandate to sign up as many people as possible or other?

With all due respect,

Elimidate

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaaa!!! So true! So true! I think the DJ's just need to post more, its about newbie post/DJ post ratio, not newbie/DJ ratio.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so what would of happened if this would have been the rule right before you posted here?

and what if the rule was intact right before say a pook, mr. fingers, or some other good posters got here?

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have read the writings of the seasoned DJ's for a couple of months and learned from them so that when I was able to post I'd have a great backgound of knowledge which inturn, would leave me in a position to give solid advice and ask higher caliber of questions.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone or a pro but some of the questions and topics here are for serious beginners and the overall quality is not where it used to be say 2 years ago.

I think posting on this site should be a privilage rather than a right.

Agree?

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this site is essentially a business for Allen, so to limit the number of newbies who are the main, if not the only source of revenue would just be absurd. You're taking this board way too seriously man.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in all fairness, everyone was new once.
if you were made to complete an application to get registered what would they "test" you on?
since this is a site to help people with dating skills,
would you only be allowed in if you had good advise?
no... because this site needs questions and topics in order to be an effective site.
therefore, would only the ones in major need for advise be allowed in? no ... because there has to be someone giving the advise.

let's leave all that up to allen and the mods .

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only problem I see is when newbies come in acting like masters. That, or newbies posting close to 1000 times before reaching the 3 month mark and thinking they are Don Juans. *Cough**Cough* ;)

boneszone

Don Juan
Reaction score
New Forum? What Do You Think?

Hi

I've only been in the game for about a year now and I have learned a lot from this forum but am still not where I want to be. I don't proclaim to be a Master DJ or anything, I'm just frustrated like a lot of you guys.

Everyone keeps saying, the quality of the posts has diminished as well as the newbies asking the same questions over and over again (and I hate having to weed through the newbie crap to get to the good stuff)

I do not want to step on Allen's toes here (so if I'm crossing the line, let me know). What I propose is to start a new forum which will focus on advanced DJ tips and techniques only.

It will be moderated and any person trying to throw in a newbie post will be referred to the DJ Forum and DJ Bible.

If this is cool and enough DJ's are interested, I will set it up and let you know the address when complete.

boneszone

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It takes time to learn and absorb the techniques.

I took about 2 years to progress from the nerd-level to having the ability to ask for a girl's digits.

Not everybody can learn this DJ stuff in 6 months or less.
Not easy to reverse decades of social conditioning in half a year.

Let us give the newbies a chance.

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this would be a really neat and original idea if everybody and their brother hadn't thought of it before... My advice, if you don't like newbie questions, ignore posts with a question mark, or posts from users you don't recognize. Filter them out yourself. Or even better, answer their questions and help the newbies so they actually progress and become competent posters. Wow. That was a great idea. Why try to eliminate them when you can educate them?

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A waiting period between registering and actually being able to post would do wonders for this site.

That way, we'd be able to weed out those too lazy to read the bible with a 21 day waiting period.

Those who were serious about learning the theories behind DJing would make good use of their three weeks by reading the bible, whereas those who were only here to ask for pick-up lines in the High School Forum wouldn't bother to stick around and would take their crap elsewhere.

Only a thought...

Rawk Steady

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you had written "Cap the newbies" THEN it would have been an original idea.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wrote this one in response to a thread where they advocated making newbies wait 30 days. Anyway, its somewhat applicable here. The end thesis certainly is. Don't feel like reading the whole thing. Read the very last paragraph (starting with, "So, what should you DJ's do".

These Are All Bad Ideas!!!

"Why" you ask? Lets listen, my neglected DJ friends;

Firstly, when people join our site they want advice, by making them wait 30 days before they can post they have no incentive to stick around. Think about it, PEOPLE WANT TO BE HEARD. Any DJ knows that. So, if we make new people wait 30 days these kids will forget about our forum.

'But MVP, I can live that, I'm a DJ, we don't need these AFC's."
*Slap!*
"Silence!," say I. "Without AFC's the questions that are most relevant to newcomers will be ignored. If this site was strictly DJ those AFC's would never see that retarded AFC question that they were looking for."

Secondly, learning is a two-way process. You need to hear, then say. If a newbie can read a brilliant post but not ask a much needed question about it, what's the point of him being here? What if a newbie sees the Bootcamp Bible, only to understand that the key to his miseries requires another 29 days of AFC-dom before he can start his BootCamp Thread? Surely, we will depress this AFC enough to have him never pick up the Bible again.

Thirdly, alternate ideas. Well, I hear some of you bring up the idea of having a DJ quiz, ask yourselves: WHO DECIDES WHAT IS THE RIGHT APPROACH TO DJ'ING? Sh!t, some of you have been arguing on this site for years and still can't come to a consensus. You know why this is? Not because one of you is right and the other stubborn, ITS BECAUSE BOTH OF YOU ARE RIGHT. There is no one right path to DJ'ing, if we install a quiz newbies will b!tch about
"I scored 23"
"well, oh yeah, I scored 25, I'm more of a man then you."
Puh-lease, both of you!
We need to get rid of this block in everyone's head that if something is not "mainstream" it is not right. THere is no right path to DJ'ing and a quiz will be an obstacle to DJ'ing, not a tool for it.

Now, others of you bring up the idea of having an Advanced Forum. I like this.... to an extent. Surely, having a forum where we deal with more advanced materials or FR would be nice but if you look around you would notice we have forums for these, we have the Unusual Techniques in Seduction for advanced DJ'ing techniques and we have Don Juan Tips for more mainstream DJ'ing revelations. Now, why is it that you people don't see these places as "Advanced DJ Forums"? Its because YOU NEVER GO THERE. Simple, if you DJ's would stop b!tching about newbies and go to these places a little more we'd all be a lot better of!

So, what should you DJ's do rather than troll Suggestions & Feedback and b!tch at Allen about newbies is POST MORE. its not about the Newbie to DJ ratio, its about the NEWBIE POST TO DJ POST RATIO. If you DJ's would post a little more hints and feedback and a little less pointless jabber this site would be much better off. I look around at you DJ's and I check your profiles and see that some of you post .38 times per day! Well, no sh!t! When the DJ's aren't posting and the newbies in need are out shouting for attention its no wonder this site is skewing towards AFCness.

So, stop being such an elitist, if you're really such a DJ... POST MORE!!