Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Qualifying a girl for an LTR

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am having trouble relaxing into a LTR with my g/f, and I wonder if its because my intuition/gut/cognitive dissonance is active. There are lots of posters here who will scoff at an LTR at all, but this post assumes that I've gotten past whether LTRs are good/bad/indifferent. It also assumes that I would be interested in getting to know and trust her rather than just getting a regular lay and a regular date.

She's between 26 and 30; a deal lawyer like me. This girl is not super-hot; she is very cute and small. She is used to being very much the center of attention, flirty and exuding confidence, though I know in reality she is supremely insecure about a lot of things (I posted a few months ago about how she got offended at hearing me mention my ex in public and acted inappropriately).

She has raised a number of red flags, big and small:

Scandalous - of 6 people she has slept with, 5 occurred cheating on a b/f
-called me up on her b/f's birthday to talk dirty

- Took a girl co-worker to a party of a law school friend, hooked up with another guy there (ie, even at an advanced age where there was a professional setting, she got drunk enough to act like a sl*t)

Monkey girl - I am the 3rd LTR she's had that was at least partially set up in advance, and her last one was not over until we were physically involved (I wanted a physical relationship at a minimum, so why say no. I didn't think it would get to this point)

No discretion/ social filter - she will talk about anything with almost anyone:
-before we started dating, had drinks with me (I was still in a very LTR) and told me about how her relationship was on the skids, how she hooked up/cheated on her b/f one night mentioned above (with a mutual acquaintance of theirs -- this is after law school, so we're not talking college indiscretions but grown-up cheating)

-first time we made out, she had no idea that my relationship was ending (ie, she should have thought I was cheating but didn't have an issue with it until after we'd hooked up)
-same event, she commented on her b/f's size inadequacy
-Told me about her best vacation; she and a roommate went out and had a mini-romance with 2 other guys. I said "Weren't you engaged though at that point?" and she said "Oh yeah."

Foolhardy - Jumps into things too quickly (bought a house with the last b/f even after cheating on him, realizing she didn't like him)

On the plus side, when we got to a certain point, she went crazy:

-calls all the time
-does all the asking out/planning
-wants me to get involved with everything in her life (sometimes too much)
- brings up kinky sex (offers to do anything I want, spends loads on lingerie, etc.)
- talks about fate (jokingly but that is cover)
- wants to know about my life, my kids, etc.
- wants to spend lots of time together

I've done some messed up things in the course of this too (and at other times), so I would rather not judge her. Also, I don't want to throw stones. We all have done sh*tty things when we were young because it didn't matter or whatever, and people change (I for one feel horrible about the cheating that I have done). But not being judgmental is not the same thing as failing to read what is in front of you.

On the other hand, I've gotten into good or decent situations before and messed myself over by being too anxious for more.

Basically, my issue is when you can't relax and enjoy what is going on either (1) there is some insecurity of your own (meaning, it may be a good situation but I'm unstable about something/too afraid of a good thing to enjoy it) or (2) your subconscious is trying to tell you something (she's going to f*ck you over).

I just can't figure out which this is.

Last edited:

OpenMind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't sound trustyworthy enough for a LTR IMHO. you are hesitant because there are enough red flags in front of you. I would try to emotionally detach myself from this one and find a more deserving woman... good luck!

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my book that's a big no-no. Women that act like that are not worth my time. N-word for her.
Peace.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Valid points.

One thing I sometimes say in response to myself is to look at what I have done and ask would I want to be judged by that?

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't sound like anyone I'd want to marry, that's for sure. But, she does sound like a lot of fun!
Enjoy her company.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnJones
Valid points.

One thing I sometimes say in response to myself is to look at what I have done and ask would I want to be judged by that?
it seems as if when you talk about your mistakes it as if you have accepted them, learned from them, and become better for it.

i wish i could say the same thing about this girl.

i realize you want to be all "PC" but the fact remains that this woman has no moral fibers, and will end up making you upset later on.

id be willing to bet almost everything i own that if you were to get into a relationship with her that she would cheat on you so fast.

the thing is you have really already made up your mind when you posted that you cannot trust her, now you just have to admit it to yourself.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I followed Doc Love's advice about the three traits for qualifying a woman for a LTR; Integrity(honesty, loyalty, trust), she is a giving person and she should be flexible. Given that, maybe you should give your gut a pat on the back.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any devil's advocate here?
yea sure why not?

i wish more girls would cheat on their boyfriends, act like sluts, talk about other guys when we were having sex... you know all those qualities that make me love woman so much.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing is, she'd be crushed if she knew I was thinking about these things or putting them up for a show of hands. She'd consider it disloyal.

I was thinking just the other day that I can see her being one of the girls I used to meet in college who had boyfriends that they were "in love with" but who would hook up. Its an ugly image (usually premised in insecurity: they needed a b/f or something as a stand-by but still wanted to have fun).

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 0.2 cents...

Yeah this girl doesn't sound like a prize pick for sure...

I would say that we've all done things we wish we had not done. I myself have cheated on a gf - and probably many others have to.

What matters is how she treats you.

You can go into this with a "have fun" mentality.... but just don't put your heart on the line. She needs to win your trust.

If there is one thing going for her, it;'s the fact that she's been open and honest with you about what's she done and her past.

Be thankfull that your not going into this blindfolded.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

Be thankfull that your not going into this blindfolded.
I agree. But all of us who have done bad things and lied about it also remember that we never told the whole truth to anyone (maybe you cheated with the same girl 4 times but told your g/f that you had only done it once, that kind of thing).

Once you get started on the non-trust path, it's hard to get off.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. But all of us who have done bad things and lied about it also remember that we never told the whole truth to anyone (maybe you cheated with the same girl 4 times but told your g/f that you had only done it once, that kind of thing).

Once you get started on the non-trust path, it's hard to get off.
Since when did you need to feel guilty about having standards? Bottom line, she's going to cheat on you too, unless a MIRACLE happens.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Since when did you need to feel guilty about having standards? Bottom line, she's going to cheat on you too, unless a MIRACLE happens.
And that MIRACLE would be what? Her thighs get super-glued together?

This girl doesn't have any idea what integrity or loyalty means. She's cheated not once...but several times with several different guys, and she calmly tells everyone about it. She will cheat on you in the future. She's probably doing it now,

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To hell with the "number of red flags", this is not a maths equation where you can get it 51% right and everything is fine. We are talking about your emotions and your future here.

There are a few 'red flags' that I would excuse and others which automatically put a girl out of the running... no second chances.

You are trying to justify to yourself that this girl may be worth the effort, maybe because she is really hot, or the sex is great or she buys you stuff. But you have doubts about other aspects of her character. As posted by myself and others elsewhere on this site, go with your gut feeling. If you think there is hope for her, then stick with her. If you think you simply cannot put up with her behaviour, or you wouldn't inflict her on your family/friends, then leave.

From what I can tell here, she certainly sounds like a lot of fun, but as for an LTR with her... I doubt it. The fact that she cheats is her problem, the fact that you could catch something because she shags everything with a pulse, thats your problem.

It all depends on what you are willing to settle for... the girl you want, or near enough.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was the exercise of writing it out that keeps me in an accurate frame of mind, together with reading the responses.

I can keep a healthy distance internally because that's what this site did for me. I think there is a fun period in store until she decides that I haven't given her enough (which I can predict) so for now, its all fun and games.

It's too bad though since you don't meet girls that smart every day.

Last edited:

OpenMind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think there is hope for her, then stick with her. .
I'm not trying to disrespect Cremasta, but this statement is what turn's dj's into afc's. as long as your let your interest level get high enough in your woman that you feel the need to seek advice from others (which is a smart move at this point) then the word "hope" needs to be removed from your vocabulary. Once your IL in a chick goes up, "hope" takes over and you begin to "hope" she wont cheat on you (as she has in the past), "hope" she will continue to love having sex with you (as she hasn't with her ex, hence the cheating), "hope" she will treat you with respect, "hope" she will be honest with you and give to the relationship like you do...... Her ACTIONS are all you need to judge what you have, not "hope" cuz u will be smoked screened for sure.. use our gut, give her a chance, but be willing to never let "hope" discount those red flags that you see... when your gut says something isnt right... 99 times out of 100, your gut will be right, and seeking validation of this gut feeling is a smart thing to do.. as long as you are willing to act on it.. Cremasta is right on in everything in his post but just be weary of the "hope" because if you focus on it, it will make everything else fade away and blind you from reality.. just my 2 cents.. good luck!

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's actually a very good thread on "red flags" - basically if she's the type that brings out bad **** you did to her like.. 2 months ago.. she will be the type that will do it.. if you don't like it - she is not ltr material cause she'll bugging you on **** like that (she's also a vengeful type.) - girls who talk about sex stuff they did with their former guys are very annoying and it shows they think little of your own feelings. Unless she is asked she should not say anything..same thing no yuor part. I went out with a girl that told me about her sexual past and stuff she did with her exes.. such as during convos about sex.. girls should not do that **** unless asked specifically "What was the kinkiest thing you've done with your boyfriend"

Look for the RED FLAGS thread dude.. it will help you weed a girl out fast.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing is, she'd be crushed if she knew I was thinking about these things or putting them up for a show of hands. She'd consider it disloyal.
JJ I doubt that my friend...you cant get blood from a stone.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JJ

She sounds exactly like my girl that just told me Sunday she's seeing someone else and ended it...

All of her openess, her impulsiveness, her wildness. It's very exciting and fun. I thought I had a grip on my feelings, that I knew she would eventually cheat. That I wouldn't get hurt. But betrayal is betrayal. It does hurt. You can't prepare for it.

Deep down I knew I could never trust her. Can you really trust this chick? Eventually, she will cheat on you. Is it something you can live with? She sounds like she's a blast to hang with.

If you're just looking for fun, hang with her a while. LTR? I don't think so...

How long have you been seeing her?