Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quagmire911 Lifting Journal

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your opinions over to stronglifts.com and talk to Victor yourself, don't put him down in my log and fill it up with meaningless talk.

Thank you.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Victor is a strong guy. As for Smolov, I need to get the 400+dead first.
Your deadlift would go up if your squat goes up ;)

Ok good, looking forward to the smolov cycle. Let me know when you start.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
Your deadlift would go up if your squat goes up ;)

Ok good, looking forward to the smolov cycle. Let me know when you start.
Will do mate. Perhaps in a couple of months, I'll log it on stronglifts when I do it.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Take your opinions over to stronglifts.com and talk to Victor yourself, don't put him down in my log and fill it up with meaningless talk.

Thank you.
LOL it's not an opinion it's a fact. He stops, takes his hands off the bar, rests for a minute and then continues with a few more reps until resting again. It was really laughable. He also doesn't look like he trains, so who cares anyway.

MM

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*** you are so infuriating, not everyone is interested in "fluff" muscles. You post 190kgx20 if you are so ****y.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rest-pausing is one of the hardest things in the world! if done at full intensity.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Where did that come from :confused:
Mad Manic was putting sh!t on that deadlifter for having short rests and taking his hands off the bar which is recommended on the very heavy lifts.
A good 20 rep squat can take 10mins

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh I see.

MM should post elsewhere, it's pretty clear his brand of training isn't what people are wanting around these parts. He certainly shouldn't be putting that guy down or commenting in peoples logs about "low volume" not being "optimal".

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Ahhh I see.

MM should post elsewhere, it's pretty clear his brand of training isn't what people are wanting around these parts. He certainly shouldn't be putting that guy down or commenting in peoples logs about "low volume" not being "optimal".
Yeah MM is really annoying. He feeds off getting people into arguments, so don't give him the pleasure. Just follow my lead and put him to ignore and say bye to MM :wave:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you still doing the burpees? I'm gonna do the 100 burpee challenge tomorrow, haven't done burpees in a month and I squatted today... not looking forward to it :D Although my legs feel like car jacks now that Smolov is halfway over.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Will do mate. Perhaps in a couple of months, I'll log it on stronglifts when I do it.
Great, will help you out then. Good luck with the 400lbs deadlift, looking forward to that :)

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effort I agree.

Kerpal, still doing the burpees although not as much this week as I was meant to be on a deload. It strikes me however that I won't probably need to on squats because the weight has been artificially low for so long. Will have to be careful though, deads will definitely be lighter than last week.

And thank you Mehdi.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
LOL it's not an opinion it's a fact. He stops, takes his hands off the bar, rests for a minute and then continues with a few more reps until resting again. It was really laughable. He also doesn't look like he trains, so who cares anyway.

MM

Hey look everyone!!!! Look how amazing MM is!!!! Look at what a great athlete MM is!!! Only a great athlete could make a comment like this!!! Lets all give him the respect and validation he deserves!!!!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Hey look everyone!!!! Look how amazing MM is!!!! Look at what a great athlete MM is!!! Only a great athlete could make a comment like this!!! Lets all give him the respect and validation he deserves!!!!
i know its hard to hold back, but he enjoys post like this. Don't fuel him, just use the ignore feature instead.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Ok then he did 20 reps without resting in between. Let's celebrate.

MM

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Deload. And just as well too. I got about 1-2 hours sleep last night, was at the Doctor's and I knew already that I had got an ear infection. I was intending on going heavier on the squats, perhaps that would have been a bad move. I was made to back down on them anyway. Took an extra day off as I drank for the first time in a month at the weekend. Will have to limit this as much as possible. Anyway, here it is:

Deadlifts 2x3-125kg-Was using this as a switch from sumo's so my body has a bit of a break from it. But I was curious to see,
Sumo deadlifts 1x3-125kg-This was done more easily than the conventional's. Whilst I have been pulling sumo recently, I still think it suits me better. I read somewhere that it involves the hammies less so this would make sense. This is what I expected anyway. It felt a good 10-15kg lighter.

Low box squats-2x3-75kg-I am always very slow coming up from the box. The weight didn't feel heavy as such, I just felt like I still had to grind it up same as if I was using 95kg.

Squats 1x5-80kg-These were quite fast reps. Still conscious of using the hamstrings in the lift, will need to remember that. Still won't walk into these, will take a couple of weeks of getting used to 100kg+ again. Psychologically I just need to do them a couple of times without something f***** up.

Assisted GHR's-2x5-Couldn't lower the weight here so I just did one set less. Still burned :) I don't think it is possible for my hamstrings to overtrain, I don't really have any :) Well, wee ones that are finally getting some much needed work done.

Sit ups-BW-2x10-Should probably have used some kind of weight. There was no resistance here.

I then did some speed bench, did 45kg 8x3. Either it exposed flaws in my form, or starting off with 50% was too much. Probably 40kg would have been a safer bet. Never had anyone take a look at my bench form, and it is something I will need to do.

Not much else to say. Used roughly 80% of what I normally would. I felt like death a lot of the time. Perhaps a slight exaggeration but I was tired as hell. Not from the weights, but I still wouldn't have fancied my chances trying to PR.

Last night I also did something similar to foam rolling. Got three tennis balls and put them in a large sock and tied the end. I must say it really did hurt like hell. The worst areas I feel were hip flexors/quads/lats/tris/pecs. I couldn't really get at my back that well, I am positive my upper back would have given me hell. My hip flexors in particular are tender today, I think they are really tight in general. It is my intention to get a roller as soon as I can afford it, yes I know they are cheap £5-10 or $10-20. However, for now this will do better than nothing.

Not much else to say, think I will go for a nap. Until next time...,

Quagmire :up:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can i just say how lame deload is...seemed like you were a bit tired too huh

Eh...i know ur right and i'll come back stronger. Next week will be a fun deadlifting week don't you think Quag? I was considering seeing if i could pull 400lbs next week. I'll get video of it either way haha you just won't see it if i fail ;) maybe i'll get one of me reping something big.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can definitely do 400 mate. Unless you are quite slow twitch.

Some advice: get ammonia caps and failing that smelling salts. Sniff it before you max out, gives you a hit of adrenaline. Don't worry it is perfectly safe, I do it a lot. Coupled with the chalk/talc all over me people probably think I am on coke.

And yes, deloads suck ass. That weight needs to be really hard on the last rep or I get bored. I think with bench I have been pushing it a bit too hard though. Training to close to failure.

On another note, will probably workout tomorrow. Day ahead of schedule but I have been deloading so it will be alright fine.

Ps-And Stallion. Hopefully you are not one of those people that doesn't do well dropping the weight on their deload. Although I don't think I have come across anyone like that yet. Pretty sure some freaks can have that happen. Come to think about it, I need to learn what the term crusing means. Perhaps that is when you keep the weight the same for a week. Hmmm.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
You can definitely do 400 mate. Unless you are quite slow twitch.
I hope so ;)

Quagmire911 said:
Some advice: get ammonia caps and failing that smelling salts. Sniff it before you max out, gives you a hit of adrenaline. Don't worry it is perfectly safe, I do it a lot. Coupled with the chalk/talc all over me people probably think I am on coke.
haha i thought about it. I walk fast up to the bar grunting loudly like a madman. I'll have to try the chalk and salts. Like that one powerlifter ahh forget his name.

Quagmire911 said:
Ps-And Stallion. Hopefully you are not one of those people that doesn't do well dropping the weight on their deload. Although I don't think I have come across anyone like that yet. Pretty sure some freaks can have that happen. Come to think about it, I need to learn what the term crusing means. Perhaps that is when you keep the weight the same for a week. Hmmm.
Hey man you calling me a FREAK?! Now your scaring me thanks lol. haha no worries I'm all beat up this week from my fight...nice to take a break and deload' :up: