Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pyramid Scheme

Monstercreation

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I need advice. I currently work a restaurant job at night and want to start my career in sales. I recently started working for a solar company that is commission only. I have heard people talk about solar scams but a couple people I’ve known have gone into solar and I assume do well. I’m a door knocker and I actually like doing it and see the benefits it holds for game. I have made no money thus far in two weeks. There are markers that you have to hit before getting paid $1000 and then each additional marker is $500. Apparently after the third marker if you are good enough to generate AND close leads by yourself you will receive full commission plus the bonuses. I have been very skeptical of the whole thing even in the interview. I have questioned the “managers” quite a bit and plan to push it even more. When I have questioned them they would show me or tell me about the large commissions that they personally have made. The company uses the teams app for communication and also to post celebrations of who is doing what and to validate each other. There are a few other apps used for sales and training etc. The other newbies alongside myself are either overly gung ho or naive and socially awkward a bit. I use a ****load of gas as the area is about 45 min each way and I have a V8. Also they require that we work six days a week until we graduate from the training and then we can set our own schedule while attending required meetings. I have learned that I like sales but am still not sure about this company.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I need advice. I currently work a restaurant job at night and want to start my career in sales. I recently started working for a solar company that is commission only. I have heard people talk about solar scams but a couple people I’ve known have gone into solar and I assume do well. I’m a door knocker and I actually like doing it and see the benefits it holds for game. I have made no money thus far in two weeks. There are markers that you have to hit before getting paid $1000 and then each additional marker is $500. Apparently after the third marker if you are good enough to generate AND close leads by yourself you will receive full commission plus the bonuses. I have been very skeptical of the whole thing even in the interview. I have questioned the “managers” quite a bit and plan to push it even more. When I have questioned them they would show me or tell me about the large commissions that they personally have made. The company uses the teams app for communication and also to post celebrations of who is doing what and to validate each other. There are a few other apps used for sales and training etc. The other newbies alongside myself are either overly gung ho or naive and socially awkward a bit. I use a ****load of gas as the area is about 45 min each way and I have a V8. Also they require that we work six days a week until we graduate from the training and then we can set our own schedule while attending required meetings. I have learned that I like sales but am still not sure about this company.
"Pyramids" are usually scams. But if you are in a "Pyramid" that your one of the first companies to do whatever it is, and it's going to take off, those particular NEW pyramids can get people PAID. Pyramids don't pay off when everyone is doing it.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off your a beast man for doing sales especially door to door and working strictly commission. I did that as well and was one of the top sales guy at it but what I was selling was AT&T U-verse products. Cable, TV and internet packages which is well known. I was making good money as well but some days I would close 3 deals in 4 hours and go home and some days I would work 8 hours and not close any deals which is the tough part but boy did I learn a ton. I urge everyone on this website to get into sales you will become a machine. So I give you a lot of props man. Keep it up!!!

Also keep in mind that these types of jobs have a high rate of dropout so some companies will try to give you old territories to weed you out to see if you will quit.

Now based of my experience and knowledge I don’t believe that the company your working for is a pyramid scheme because they would have asked you to “invest” money with them. Anytime anyone or any company asks you to “invest” with them or anyone wants you to sign a contract with them that’s a big red flag. I got suckered into one of those multilevel marketing schemes AND a few years later I got suckered into a Ponzi scheme without knowing what it was. I was still pretty young and naive but oh boy did I learn a lot.

Considering that they haven’t asked you for any money except your time I think it’s safe to say that you are not part of a pyramid scheme. Good luck and keep us updated.

Last edited: