Pugsley's Bootcamp Journal

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, tonight is the first night of my first day in Bootcamp, I think I am pretty confident that I will complete it,although I really cannot imagine me being the PUA since I have never been that before, But it does get me extremely giddy excited to try and imagine like *What If* that does happen to me, and it gets me fired up; the first two weeks are going to be a breeze for me I know since I say to everyone I walk past as it is, but week three is going to be the testicle wringer for me......out to my first night of DJ BC. I will post almost every day on my accomplishments, aka, Walden(who is the man BTW!!) Encourangement and Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated every day if possible.

Pugs

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 1

Hey fellas, last night went awesome and quite on accident I did better than I thought......

I said Hi to 3 girls and held 2 convos out of those 3 girls.....The first two girls I talked to didnt stretch me out of my comfort zone at all......

Heres the good part, I got a number cold from a girl for the first time in my life!

Heres what happened:

I was driving past Barnes and Nobles when I saw a cute chick walk in , who looked very familiar to me.

She was in the cafe and I got in line behind her and bit the bullet and got pretty close to her and said " Excuse me , but don't you go to UNCG"

She jumped cause I startled her...... and she said yes that she did go to UNCG.

I then said " Didn't I have a class with you like two years ago, like anatomy, or a science lab or something" (I was truthfully asking this, Not BS)

She said that I did look familiar to her and she thought about it for a second and said she thinks we had a class together. But she said that the only science class she has taken was "astrology......oh sorry I mean astronomy" We had a laugh about that she was a little embarassed.

So we had a good little convo she was smiling alot asking me questions and vice versa about UNCG trying to place where weve seen each other. I told her what I did and that I didnt go to UNCG anymore. I think who I was thinking of was her sister who looks just like her only shorter and more blonde hair who went to UNCG two years earlier. The could be twins, but theres two years diff between them.

This one is cuter than her sis though..... Her sis hit on me a few years back and thats what made me want to approach her in the first place cause I thought she was her sis and I could get a number easy.

Anyways we had a good convo she was smiling alot being very cheery and having fun talking to each other.

I think she was very put back and impressed and startled at first cause I was literally dressed in a Tan suit where a white shirt and an orange tie. I think she may have felt I was above her league btw I was dressed, but once the initial convo got going she very friendly and excited talking to me.

So 5 mins in it was time for us to part, and I asked her name and held good strong eye contact with a firm ladies handshake. And I said something to the effect of "

"Hey Emily, I really enjoyed talking to you lets keep in touch"

she said ok

I pulled out my business card carry case and I felt like my hands were paralyzed, It took me a good fifteen second to get out a business card, I was soooo nervous and I was almost to the point of fumbling with my card case trying to get a card out of it. MY HANDS WOULDNT WORK!!!

I gave her my card and then I said

"Hey you have a number I can reach you"? at, she said sure, and asked me if I Had a pen to write it with which I did, and I wrote her number down then while I was writing it down I said something to the effect of

" It was good talking to you, maybe we can get together and grab a cup of coffee sometime"

She said sure.

This post is kinda scatterbrained; Also during the convo she made another slip up when we were talking about why she gets people who say she looks like someone else, and she said something to the effect , "I don't think I'm average looking (meaning having the features that could easily be mistaken for someone else) but it could also have been interpreted another way, and I said (lol)
" No your not very average looking" and then I rephrased that to sound better (lol) since that statement was very ambiguous. We both got a laugh at my response, so It kinda almost by accident turned into a Funny accidental Neg Hit.

We also Had a Laugh at the end when I was writing her number and I asked her "You name was Emily, correct"?

And she said yeh "Or you could just put my name down as being the average looking girl from Barnes and Nobles" we got a laugh from that (lol)

so anyways guys I was hella nervous, 5 mins later my heart was still pounding like "WTF did I just do"!!!!

I had that light stomach feeling about up to 20 mins later. I have that nervous tummy feeling right now, writing this, lol thinking about what I did last night.

Anyways she was very Cute, very nice, definately call her for a date soon, About a 7.5, so definantley dateable.

IDK though If I should just stick to the BC guidelines though, cause I wouldnt have approached her ever in a million years if I seriously didn't think she was a girl I knew from a class I had.

Man that was a nervous rush. Anyways day two starts tonight wish me luck!!!!

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 2

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on my second night of BC.

to sum it up I said hi 3 times to women, and Held eye contact for several long period of times with one of them.

Man I caught this girl peeking at me like a mofo, Let me tell you all how it started.

I was in Barnes and Nobles bookstore and I was on an aisle reading a book(this was the first aisle that you passed coming out of the bathroom).

She was a hot brunette, I think a weak 8, but very cute.

She walks out of the bathroom and as she walks past the aisle im on I look at her and she looks at me and we hold eye contact for 2 secs till her face dissapears walking past, but there was a definite connection there, we both knew we were looking at each other for a reason.

She was with a faggot guy(ack) and he would have prolly ****blocked if I approached her.

anyways they sit down on the aisle behind where im at, I hold my position for a minute or so then casually walk past where they are sitting down at FROM the moment my face gets in view of her as I walk past im looking right at her and shes looking right at me(it was almost scary)(also they were less than five feet away from me sitting on the floor when I did this)I walk slowly past the aisle and are eyes were locked for a good solid three seconds only five feet away from her completley focused on each others eyes and my head is turning as im walking past to maintain eye contact, and right as im dissappearing from their sight, I crack a little smile at her and say "Hi , how ya doing" and she smiles back and says awesome and then asks me, how im doing......

I think i heard giggling from them after I walked past them.

I walked to the other end of the store and I was looking at books with my buds in the middle of the walkway at one of those standalone tables. 10 mins later her and her fag buddy, coming walking towards us and she shortcuts it down one of the aisles to the side of the store to go all the way to the other end where im at without walking past me directly.

Well when she gets the the aisle thats perpendicular to where im facing I turn and look at her and she looks at me and then she walks past out of sight.

HERES THE KICKER!!!: About tens seconds later when i wasn't paying any attn, I look over to the aisle she just walked past and we made eye contact, but it was just her head that was it view.

The CHICK was TAKING A PEEK AT ME AROUND THE CORNER OF THE BOOKSHELF!!! As soon as she saw I caught her her head quickly vanished again. (about 15 feet away).

Then as she is walking past me to leave she looks up at me and we hold eye contact for 2 secs and I smiles and she smiles.

I was going to approach her but I chickened out cause of the faggot, that was definatly something I didnt know how he would have reacted or if I would had to have knocked the fags teeth out for ****blocking if I did approach her. I wish I had of approached her, she was a hottie and now im kicking myself for it dangit!!!!!!!

10 Mins later with a mission I decided I was going to approach her and I was determined, and she had left, dangit twice!!!!!!!

I wish I had , I think I had ALL of the buying signs I needed to approach her confidently, What do You guys think?

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 3

hey fellas,

Last night I went out to the usual places, Barnes and Nobles, Borders; I really like the bookstores for some reason.................didn't really get any going, a few small convos with two women, one too old, the other I couldn't really get a good convo goin with(I really need help transitioning between hello and talking about the weather to getting a number , I didnt really know how to switch gears to a different topic or another progression level) Maybe you guys can help me with that it would be appreciated.....so total I said hi to 4 women, had two convos and tommorow I am going to do my eye training as well as my hi's. But for tonight Im just doing my hi's.

I do have a question, especially when you have made a breakthrough with women like this talking to them and all how do you stop from getting oneitis and just focusing on one of them, Ive noticed that with me , I got that girls number on weds and now im growing more and more fond or attached to her, cause I think shes the first women ive ever gotten a number from and I keep growing more and more towards one woman since shes the only number I have soooo far, how do I stop this and fix it?

and also if you all could help me with the question in the first paragraph it would really help me.

wish me luck tonight
Pugs

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 4+5

Hey fellas,

I have gotten a bit sidetracked on my bootcamp for 1 day, but IM back!!!

Heres the gist of what happened on days 4 and 5,

I went to barnes and Nobles Both nights

I said hi to 3 women the first night and had convos with all three lol:

The First one I had a convo with heres the dialogue:

me: Excuse me did you go to UNCG a few years ago?

her: No, I actaully went to FSU, why do I look like someone you knew?

Me: Yeh Actually you look like a girl I had an anatomy or anatomy lab or something with.

Her: Nope sorry, but if you see my twin tell her I said hi.

Me: So you went to FSU, What did you major in?

Her: Masters in Zoology

Me: Really thats pretty cool, what do you do for a living, are you using your degree?

Her: Yeh I actaully am , I love animals (or something to that extent) (Several times she ran her fingers thru her hair and it was like a lightbulb came on in my head for the first time like "OH thats a positive sign") And Im getting better and better at recognizing that stuff.

She asked me what I majored in and I told her and about that time her Husband walked up next to her and I was like damn, She was only a 6 if shes lucky anyways, and I just looked at him and said "Hey how you doing im Pugsley_f5"

He responded with his name and I asked him if he went to FSU and he said yes and I asked what did he major in ( I can't remember what he said though) so what i did was just play it cool when he showed and acted like I was having a casual convo with her and didnt get flustered.

The Second convo i had was two giddy girls, who walked into the pets section where I was and as they walked by I said hi and asked them how they were doing, They said fine, and then started looked for a book on a certain breed of dog,

And i asked her what kind of dog they were getting and that started the convo for about 10 mins with them, they were goofballs and both were kinda poking at each other and making sarcastic remarks to the other girl to make themselves look better in my eyes (showing off trying to impress me)

The convo with them was very good, and come to find out they were graduating in 2007........................................FROM HS!!!!!!!!!!!! ECK!

Man I at least thought theyd be freshman in college or at least HS seniors (im 20 BTW) LOL so that was fun.

I dont remember the 3rd convo of that night, the next night I said hi to 4 girls with no convos.......

So I have about 18 or so his on my mirror marked and I need 50 by weds as well as eye training!!!!! I need to get moving!!!!!!

Any suggestions on that first or 2nd convo on how I could have incorporated C+F in it? Solid examples would be appreciated............as well as answering my question in my last post if you could....

thanks so much in advance for your support and Criticism(Constructive)

Pugs

Wacky-1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Pugs, not to worry buddy...Just because people dont reply much to BC threads, doesnt mean that they're not reading it. Just wanna chip into this one. I like the style you're approaching the BC with. Very unconventional. It's like you've known how to do it all along, but couldn't work up the courage to do it. I noticed you may follow the his and all, but you also made approaches and number closes with conversation. So, you're quite ahead of the majority of BCers. Only one thing I think you can improve on is to look around in a wide variety of places. Now this is just my personal thing, but I feel, that in addition to meeting women, you should kill two birds with one stone, and go get things done AND meet women. You mentioned that you went to bookstores. Sure, great place to meet women, but sometimes, you can go elsewhere to have fun AND meet women. Since I don't know what your interests are, you should follow your interests and get both done simultaneously. All in all though, keep it up, you're doing great!

DonJuanQuixote

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good going mate. I have a word of advice for you though.

Whenever in doubt, do what you think you should'nt do.

Case in subject, your HB8 at barnes and nobles. Next time you feel apprehensive about an approach and you think it may make you look like an ass or if you feel you dont yet have the skills for a particular approach, do it anyway. You might be pleasantly surprised.

bonethugmug

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonJuanQuixote
Good going mate. I have a word of advice for you though.

Whenever in doubt, do what you think you should'nt do.

Case in subject, your HB8 at barnes and nobles. Next time you feel apprehensive about an approach and you think it may make you look like an ass or if you feel you dont yet have the skills for a particular approach, do it anyway. You might be pleasantly surprised.
First of all, nice work so far on the bootcamp Pugsley. I finished up week 1 last week and I am struggling on week 2. Simply because I just have so much trouble talking to strangers. Now DonJuanQuixote, your advice was just what I needed. I should be doing this bootcamp to get out of the comfort zone, so it would make sense to do the opposite of a lot of the conventional things that I am used to. Who knows, it might work. Oh yeah, where did you download the written version of the bootcamp at? I can't find it. Thanks.

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Consistency is my problem!!!!!!!!

Dangit!!!!!

I didnt do a dang thing last night and I stil have 30 hi's to go!!!

My biggest obstacle that i am now overcoming is not only being PERSISTENT but ALSO CONSISTENT!!!!

I stayed at stinking work last night(a car lot with the net, im here by myself till 1am read DJ articles and got nothing accomplished!!!!!!

GRRR I need to give myself a swift kick in the arse!!!!

Tonight is going to be interesting.....30 hi's in one night!!!!! Man I got my work cut out for me.

:mad:

Two quotes I have learned for all you guys in bootcamp:

"Procrastination is putting off tommorow what should have been done today"

"Boldness without compassion is arrogance"

"An excuse is the skin of a lie stuffed with a reason" ]

Wish me luck and keep that constructive criticism coming thanks soo much guys!!!!!

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys I had a very successfull But unsuccessful night last night,

I said hi to 10 or 11 girls in the mall, there were several times I choked walking past them in group to say hi which got me ticked off at myself.................................

How do you all handle this pick out one of the group and hold EC with her and say hi to her specifically?

So my total was 27 his in my first week of BC, 1 Number , 2 Closes, 7-8 Convos......Should I move to week 2 or give myself another 3-4 days to finish week one...which I did changed a bit by saying hi to just just women, or should I say only counting hi's that I say to women I see as attractive, I can say hi to any guy or ugly chick I want, but I only counted the ones that stretched me to do...........

So guys what should I do?

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get all 50. Don't skimp, it will help out in the long run.

Keep at it, don't let anything or anyone get you down for long.

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 Cont Day 3

Hey fellas, just an update, I am starting day 3 today so i have not gotten any Hi's as of yet, But I have said hi to 8 peeps in the last 2 days, Im gonna get my 50 this time dangit!!!!!!

I also need to work on my eye contact, the only problem is when im in a mall walking and from 100 feet out on in to 0 I dont know whether to keep eye contact with them the entire time, or keep a little and then look away then a little more then look away, but no more than 5 secs at a time................ and then look away or to hold a look at her the entire 100 feet, it makes me a bit uncomfortable and I dont want to come off as staring, any help on this?

bonethugmug

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, I feel uncomfortable when staring at someone for like 5-10 seconds, but I guess that's the point.

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Cont Day 3 (above was supp to be day 2)

Hey fellas,

Yesterday was a VERY busy day for me, So I didnt get enough time for formal approaching and saying hi and EC. But I did have a business seminar last night where there was TONS of women my age there all dressed up and I did something really cool that i think I may be doing more often now.

It was a packed room so very little space to walk around in and all of the girls were engaged in convo with other people and I had to get by and if I sad excuse me they wouldnt hear me......so heres what I did..

When I needed to get by, I would lightly touch their arm with my hand and say "Excuse me ma'am" and they would move and I would walk by and say thank you. I did this three specific times to HB 8+'s they all would look at my of course to wonder who was touching their arm lightly and gave good time for eye contact and usually they would smile and me.....I like the feeling of making contact with them and from what i could tell they weren't offended by this....any thoughts on this, like maybe doing it on an aisle in a bookstore or any place like that and lightly touching their arm and saying excuse me as you walk by them (they are stationary of course)

I really liked it anybody else tried this before? It comes across as being very polite I think but also with some personal touch added to it (and I mean feelings/ emotions wise not physically, cause of course physically theres personal touch involved, Duh)!