Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Psychedelics and other misc psychoactive chemicals

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:up:

You'll get a lot of people here telling you not to try them (mostly people you have never tried it themselves), but if you take reasonable precautions, it can be an uplifting experience afterwards (though not, generally, fun during the process).

You can still get salvia legally, as well as psylocibe mushroom spores, which you can grow.

What annoys me is when High School kids do them. They start doing them everyday and become burn outs. It's not for kids. And especially not for "I am mature for my age" kids. At 20, you're just getting old enough to think about maybe trying them, IMHO.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seritonin

Compare the pictures. You can see how these two chemicals are extremely close in composition.

From wikipedia -

In the central nervous system, serotonin is believed to play an important role in the regulation of anger, aggression, body temperature, mood, sleep, vomiting, sexuality, and appetite. Low levels of serotonin may be associated with several disorders, namely increase in aggressive and angry behaviors, clinical depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, tinnitus, fibromyalgia, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders[citation needed] and intense religious experiences[1]. If neurons of the brainstem that make serotonin—serotonergic neurons—are abnormal, there is a risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).[2][3]

Serotonin is a tryptamine just like DMT.

I find this fascinating.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Acid and shrooms are at least commercially available. I've never seen dmt.

A long, long time ago, an imaginary friend had a shoebox mushroom garden under his bed. He spent many a weekend sitting in his living room watching the carpet flow like a river and the cat melt.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes. The Spirit Molecule. I have that as a pdf file on my computer. Still have to read it.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
Salvia isn't as visual, but it can be more . . . disturbing than DMT.
Are you kidding me? Smoke some 10x extract of salvia and you'll lose all your sensory perceptions. You won't even be aware of where or who you are.

Salvia is a serious hallucinogen. Respect it.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Psychedelic drugs?
Current mood: awake

I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

-Kenneth Elton Kesey

I heard this somewhere.

What are psychedelic drugs really? What do they really do besides alter your state of mind? Is there something deeper besides colored visuals and other various hallucinations?

I would not know as I have never done a psychedelic drug.

Do you know?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there something deeper besides colored visuals and other various hallucinations?
Yes, you expect just visuals, but then you can also get belief hallucinations, or even permanent changes in attitude.

Thing is, when people try to express what they've learned on psychodelics, it always comes out sounding stupid or obvious.

For example, you've known since you were three years old that your parents are just human beings. But you didn't really deeply REALIZE it until your older. These drugs can speed up the process of really REALIZING things that you sort of already knew on some level.

As for a gateway into another, real world that exists in any kind of objective way? I am unconvinced.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried some weak salvia last year in college, and it wasn't too spectacular. A few minutes of mostly just being confused, and then a high similar to weed afterwards. This summer I started trying LSD, and I have to agree with what's been said: you experience things that seem so simple yet they are truly realizations about life. I was with some friends and it was raining out, and we were all huddling under an awning. I went to the corner to throw something out, and the feeling of the rain falling on me was just like "damn, this is life."

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Salvia 10x was just a hit in the head for me. I can describe really. I can just say that the walls faded into a black abyss and the room I was in was ripped from this reality and I was floating "somewhere" else. It lasted five minutes then I did nothing but laugh.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotta try a lower salvia dosage. I have 40x or some sh!t and when I use it I forget that I even smoked it and run around my house for about 5 minutes. Run up the stairs, run around my living room, etc. I finally end up laying down and after I snap out of it, I say to myself, "I'm never doing that again". :cheer:

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried numerous psychedelics so let me help you out by giving a rundown on them...

Mushrooms are fun. They send you into a kind of dreamy state with a heavy body load (which is still pleasant). You won't get too many visuals unless you go for a higher dose, but even so the visuals consist of objects moving/morphing rather than seeing pink elephants that aren't there.

I consider Acid to be an essential experience for anyone. It's not just a trip, its a deeper view of the world and of yourself. Its hard to describe the feeling exactly but in a way it feels more real than what you're experiencing right now. Sure you get visuals on it, but its so much more than that. It lasts a long time which makes it great for introspection - a tool to find out who you really are.

I'd recommend 2C-B as a psychedelic to start with if you can get your hands on it. Its pretty unique in the way that your ego stays intact, something which acid and mushrooms tend to remove. This gives you much more control over the trip and helps eliminate the possibility of a bad trip. The visuals on this stuff are STUNNING. Lights dance around you, the tobacco you're trying to roll a cigarette with looks like a million little bugs running around and it's got a nice feeling bodyload similar to mushrooms.

Salvia is the craziest psychedelic I've tried. Imagine reality itself breaking apart with you caught in the middle of it. It can be a scary experience since you tend to forget that you took it in the first place. The comeup is very very fast too which only adds to the fear - by the time you exhale the smoke you're already at the peak of the trip. Having said that, as soon as you're back on earth you think "what the hell was THAT!?!" and sooner or later curiousity will have you ripping the bong again :woo:

Keep in mind that psychedelics are very unique compared to other drugs in that they don't just have one mode of action, eg you get drunk and you feel good. Every trip with the same chemical will be entirely unique. Bad trips aren't bad in the long run as long as you integrate the experience. I remember a bad acid trip which left me feeling great the next day, after I wrote down some of my thoughts about it as a poem.

Have fun tripping mang!

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heartily endorse experimentation with psychedelic drugs.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to try salvia and even more LSD, but I'm scared by the chance of having a bad trip. Thing is, I've smoked weed LOTS of time so far (just to make an example: from july 24th to August 17th I've smoked EVERY SINGLE DAY, most times more than once a day) and I've had 5-6 bad trips with that.

The first time I had a bad trip (I was used to smoking, since it was like a couple of years since my first time), I remember seeing objects moving and changing shape... and I hadn't even drunk before apart from a couple of beers, I had only smoked some weed!
Another couple of times was less scary than that, but nevertheless an horrible experience. The last 2 times I could manage it, but I still got pretty scaried.

I know that bad trips with marijuana are not very likely and even when you get them they are not too scary, nevertheless 3 of mine were the scariest thing that has ever happened to me: would acid be likely to be a bad experience for me? What about salvia? I'd love to try them, but I don't want any bad trip again (many times I get paranoid when I smoke, since I'm afraid that I will experience a bad trip... and I know that paranoia when you are doing acid leads to bad trips).

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I once saw a kid with no face on mushrooms, true story.

I almost didn't do them again, but then I did.

I can't find acid ANYWHERE, I'm so pissed because I've ALWAYS wanted to find it, but I guess I'll have to scour NYC for it, it's just hard to do that while avoiding the man.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone: The paranoia you get on weed isn't the same as having a bad trip on acid. I used to get some paranoia while smoking up too and tripped during that period without any bad effects. My only advice is that its better not to smoke up while tripping if you get paranoid on weed, thats what set off the bad trip I had on acid. Make sure the set (where you're tripping, who's around) and setting (mind state - meditation can help with this) are good before you trip. If in doubt, just leave it for another day.

Salvia might scare the sh!t out of you but the trip only lasts 10 minutes tops, although it can feel like an eternity. Just try to remind yourself that its temporary if that happens. Also, if that happens don't come under the impression that all psychedelics are like that - sally D is classified as an atypical psychedelic for a reason.

MagnuM: You can order DMT containing plants legally off the internet and do a simple extraction on them. I'm planning on it some time this year. The Spirit Molecule makes it sound fascinating.

pooparu: Hippies are the key :D

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotta try a lower salvia dosage. I have 40x or some sh!t and when I use it I forget that I even smoked it and run around my house for about 5 minutes.
Gotta have a sitter. I've seen a guy punch through an aquarium and try to crawl in. There was a bad cut on his neck, and he most likely would have just slashed his throat on the glass had we not been there to pull him out and hold him down.

He was raving about how great it was 10 minutes later, though.