Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Protein powder: Choosing the best one

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
When one needs to get bigger at a higher rate protein powder for shakes seem like the way to go, especially if you lack 'eating time' during the day.

I eat fairly well, good fats are inlcuded in my diet, from : lean meat,olive oil and fish oil. Fish is included as well (Tuna % Salmon), i almost never eat junk food such as chips and tran-fat laddened meals. I eat 4 small meals a day yet sometimes i might skip one, and that messes up my intake (my body is sensitive - it detects it lol).

Other than going for powders with low- sugar, what should i look for?

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sugar doesn't mean anything,if it's on the the label it's bad... There are alternatives like sucralose that companies go by to avoid the whole image of 'high in sugar'.

I'd suggest checking out Labadra LTD drinks. Amazingly it's not chucked full of cruddy ingredients,just a couple of questionable ones but if your crammed for time it's perfect. Isopure bottled drinks were another good one low in junky ingredients.

Many powders are trash,I'd suggest sticking to powder egg whites if you can afford it.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like your diet is pretty dismal right now.

Add 12-24 whole eggs and 1-2lbs of red meat + 10g of fish oil to your diet and see if you still need powders to get strong :D

To answer your question, Optimum Nutrition makes IMO the best quality whey. Google it.

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks y'all. I'm gonna look into those 'Labrada' shakes. Meanwhile I see that eggs are a popular choice and will incorporate more of 'em in my diet.

I'm also gonna add some red meat - i've been focusing too much on chicken and fish ..time for some variety

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ON is a good value. I use Gaspari Myofusion. Gaspari is a legit brand and you can count on what you're getting isn't junk.

Other good brands are Prolabs, Cytosport, and MHP. In my opinion taste is #1, If it tastes like sh!t I wont want to drink it.

Also if you want to gain weight you need to put some fvcking calories in your diet. Don't rely on protein powders.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you start with shakes, have you even taken the time to calculate how much food you require to actually put on size? Shakes serve their purpose, but they form part of a meal plan. It does not sound like you have one?

You need to work out your metabolic rate over the day and consume 500-750 calories over that rate on most days. The source of those calories need to come from predominantly protein if possible, with carb intake spiking around your workout.