Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pro's use sniper rifles, not shotguns

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a guy friend who over the last few months, has seen the light as we all know as the “red pill”, and I’m getting to see first hand, the transformation that one makes from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Without getting into that much detail about the particular guy, because he is of no real importance other than to draw light to the situation, he’s jumped all in on this DJ ****, he wants to talk to women and unlike most guys, he’s actually willing to go out and try.

We had a party /get together Friday night for my wife’s birthday, there were easily 40 people at our house, there were maybe 6-7 guys total including myself and him, my wife is the only one of her friends that are married; a few are in relationships but I for the most part, it was a perfect opportunity to sarge. It’s complicated how he actually got invited, so I will spare the story, but let’s just say, he got LJBF’ed by one of my wife’s friends, and I kinda liked the guy. He came as a friend of my wife’s friend.

To make a long story short, he got shot down. Like world war 2 , Battle of Britain shot down. Now part of this being he had what I call negative social proof (a girl who has already spread the world to her friends that you are friend, not boyfriend material) but still, it wasn’t pretty.

So I am talking with him and I am seeing his frustration and I can see how a lot of guys, here even, can get frustrated, so I am going to tell you what I told him.

Look, there are 2 ways to stand out to a woman, or honestly, a client in business, or in general anything you are trying to do. If you are trying to stand out, there are for all intents and purposes 2 ways to go about doing such. The first, and the method that many here refer to as pea-****ing is to draw attention to yourself by doing something/wearing/saying something that is outlandish, that automatically makes you stand out if for no other reason to draw attention.

The other way, and the way that I recommend, is becoming a niche, aim to target a specific type of girl.

You will get 10x further with a woman if you are targeting her than if you are just taking a shot gun and approaching/talking to / taking out any girl with tits.

I applied this when I was single. I like girls that are into horse racing because I’m into horse racing. That’s a very very specific niche and while I didn’t get AS many numbers as I did when I was just shot gunning the ones I got, h a much, much, much higher close rate. Pretty much if I talked to you we were going to go out and I was probably going to have sex.

I do the same thing with my web design company. We only take 3 types of jobs. Social networking jobs, adult sites and virtual marketplace sites where people can sign up to sale their products online. That’s all we do but I’ll be damned if we don’t’ do it better than anyone else. And you knot what, we stay swamped. I might talk to 4-5 clients a week but I close 2-3 of them, and because this is ALL we do, we have a portfolio that is just out of this world\; for those 3 things. Pretty much, it’s to the point that if I want a job and it’s one of these three, 9 out of 10 times you are wasting your time competing with me I ‘m going to get it. Versus guys/companies talking to everyone with a pulse and sending gout generic emails and follow up messages, having to cut / slash prices because there is no value or the client doesn’t see value in what you are offering.

No, the fastest way you can get to where you want, rather it be with having 2-3 plates at a time, running a business or whatever, is to pick what you like/do, focus on that, aim and shoot.

That to me, is probably the most important business and honestly, women lesson as far as at least attracting constant plates and keeping them interested, that I have ever learned. You know how effortless it is to keep my wife interested In me **** we love the same **** lol. I don’t even have to TrY. Just me being backbreaker is exactly what she wants. Me waking up in the morning and *****ing about losing a race I bet on the previous night is exactly what she wants and that’s exactly what she gets because that’s exactly who I am.
  1. Figure out who YOU are
  2. Figure out who is in the market for YOU
  3. Figure out how to make yourself more desirable to it is you are honing in on
  4. Put 1 bullet in the sniper rifle and fire

I mean, I am a fan of cold approaching in the sense of, you need to get over the fear of rejection but not in the sense anymore of like this is how I get women. I’m too efficient for that now. I do what I call luke warm approaching lol. I don’t consider approaching women who I know who I am targeting a true cold approach.

Anyway I’m out. Just thought this was worth posting.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah sniper type was always my kind of aproach, and I was killed too many times using it....

I guess, do what you feel more confortable with, course a bigger scope can help you get more experience to get the better ones, or at least have more fun going out.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alvafe said:
yeah sniper type was always my kind of aproach, and I was killed too many times using it....

I guess, do what you feel more confortable with, course a bigger scope can help you get more experience to get the better ones, or at least have more fun going out.
the problem with this is that you start to gather what i call negative feedback. What I mean by that is, you keep getting shot down, and it's not so much you getting shot down that is the bad part, the bad part is that you start figuring out how to get all these different women to respond to you, and you keep morphing yourself and your game to try to respond to all these different women, and beucase you have such a wide net you arent' getting any closer whatsoever to your goals.

by developing a specific target, you have a specific path of action to get there. your rejections will give you very specific feedback, your advances will give you very specific feedback and get you closer to where you want to be. Do not confuse what i am saying for saying you are going to have instant luck at the beginning.. i am saying that if you honed your skills to catch a particular type of girl, eventually you are going to be better at it then all the other dudes.

The only critique i would have about it is that good quality women are already in such low supply, will coming up with more ways of narrowing the pool really lead to greater success?
I can understand that critique and it's a very valid one. In fact it's the very one i had to tackle earlier.

I'll use this example. When I first started my web development company we took all the jobs that were out there that we could get. partly beucase we had no portfolio and we had no choice. Partly beucase I had seen just how few "good clients" there are out there and I did not want to lose any of the good ones beucase by aliening a client beucase of the type of work he wanted done.

And I mean, it's not like what I was doing didn't work. it worked very well to an extent. we stayed busy.

However, I got to a point where I was doing way too much work for what I thought was not the appropriate amount of positive responses in correlation to the amount of work I was doing.

It took me about, 2 to three years to realize this and I realized this, by pure accident. It was around Christmas time of the year before last and business was slow. very slow web work comes to a complete halt damn near around the middle of December. And I thought we were going to have the crappiest last 2 weeks so I didn't even bother to try to project sales for the month of December.

however the funniest thing happened... I think we had 4 clients I talked to the week OF Christmas. And we got every last one of them. The reason we got them was beucase what they wanted to do was what we do, very very well. The only reason I was even able to see this was because the lack of other stuff i had going on at the time.

Another funny thing happened as well. 2 of the 4 clients, are what i would normally deem "****ty clients" one had been with 2 different companies trying to get something done.. my usual thinking is i never take clients who couldn't get a job done with another firm, as that usually shows the clients tenability to do something.. give good feedback, pay bills, whatever. but i'll be damned if he didn't pay his bills on time, give perfect feedback and gave me a glowing reference upon being done.

what i am getting at in a long winded way is to say, your package what you bring to the table to a particular person, goes a long, LONG way in determining how "quality" a woman or a client is.

NOw, make no mistake, there are some women/clients who are just garbag, will be garbage, despite what you do or bring to the table and I avoid those. But if you are exactly what a woman is looking for, she's a lot more likely to act like a quality woman.

I mean look at it from a woman's standpoint. woman has said standards/things she wants in a man. now i'm not going to get into a debate about how realistic this is that's for another post, but I mean she has certain stuff she wants out of a man. Brad approaches said woman and while you have your **** together, what really is separating you from other men that are interested in her? what reason does she have to be quality if she can't see the value in being quality towards you? I mean you could say there is a certain way a woman should carry herself regardless but truth be told, I've done the same **** to women i just didnt' see a future with, lied to woman and told them i saw something long term just so i can fvck, canceled dates, **** once i left a date with one to go on another with my now wife. in the dead middle of the date. that's pretty ****ty behavior but i don't care because i didn't care about her. i care about my wife thus i treat my wife with respect.

I mean, the entire point of this DJ **** is to have **** on your own terms. going out 5 nights a week with different women just so you can weed them out is not what i call efficient nor having control. i want to go out and manage women ho have already pre qualified themselves to me. I mean around the tiem i met my wife I would get 1-2 numbers a week but when i got them, very rarley where they not interested.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
To make a long story short, he got shot down. Like world war 2 , Battle of Britain shot down. Now part of this being he had what I call negative social proof (a girl who has already spread the world to her friends that you are friend, not boyfriend material) but still, it wasn’t pretty.
I pretty much agree with you on the sniper business, but this is the part of the post which most interested me. You're saying that if a girl LJBF's you, this is negative social proof, and hurts your chances with the other women. I can certainly see where this idea would come from, but it gets my attention because I don't think I've seen such a thing suggested here before. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but it does bring up some questions:

It's often said here that female friends can be used as social proof. I guess that advantage is lost if the other women know she has LJBF'd you?

SoSuave teaches that rejections are meaningless. Yet you are saying that if a woman knows you have been rejected, this will have negative repercussions for you, reputation-wise.

A lot of PUA gurus teach that the action of going for what you want is attractive in itself. But in this case, because the girl was not receptive, it ruins his chances for all the other girls who are aware of it?

Women tend to want men who are desired by other women. So if they see you are rejected, it does follow that they might be more likely to reject you also. I've just never seen this suggested here before.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I agree. My best nights were when I was very selective and did ONE approach, not 20. With experience, you will know what kind of woman (looks, age, interests, etc.) that you attract. You can zero in on those.

Zekko:

I do think rejections can lower your value in the field. The smaller the venue, the worse it is. You can do more approaches (and get shot down more) in a large club than a small bar.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I pretty much agree with you on the sniper business, but this is the part of the post which most interested me. You're saying that if a girl LJBF's you, this is negative social proof, and hurts your chances with the other women. I can certainly see where this idea would come from, but it gets my attention because I don't think I've seen such a thing suggested here before. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but it does bring up some questions:

It's often said here that female friends can be used as social proof. I guess that advantage is lost if the other women know she has LJBF'd you?

SoSuave teaches that rejections are meaningless. Yet you are saying that if a woman knows you have been rejected, this will have negative repercussions for you, reputation-wise.

A lot of PUA gurus teach that the action of going for what you want is attractive in itself. But in this case, because the girl was not receptive, it ruins his chances for all the other girls who are aware of it?

Women tend to want men who are desired by other women. So if they see you are rejected, it does follow that they might be more likely to reject you also. I've just never seen this suggested here before.
I've actually stated this a few times.

The way I see it, and this isn't any theory this is what I have experienced in my own life..

a LBJF is like what's that thing i'm thinking about.. you know the little crap you buy when you have roches and you put some of it down and the roach eats it and takes it back to the roach crib or whatever the roaches hang out and gives the food to all the roaches and it kills all of them? that's what a LJBF is like.

understanding what I am saying. I'm not saying you can't use a LJBF as social proof, you can. My oneitis was my best wingman, hands down, beucase she was smoking hot. When neither of us had a date or if she just wanted to go out we'd get together and we'd work off each other; she would use me to buffer any guys who hit on her who she wasn't all that into and in return she'd be my armpeice and i'd walk in wherever we are in and girls would say "oh ****, she's bad.. he must be a catch". and even when we were friends we were always very touchy feely with each other, especially after a few drinks so it really worked out well.

lol what i really used to find funny about that, is the girls that I would approach when she was with me, wouldn't give 2 ****s if i was dating her or not most just assume i was, and would give me their number or talk to me anyway.

no what i mean by negative social proof is like, this girl and her actual group of friends. I mean think about it. where is the scenery where a girl goes back to her friends and actually hooks you up with her equally hot friends? there isn't one. at least i've never seen it happen.

There are only 3 ways this can play out with her and her friends

1. the girl in question takes you for herself

2. the girl in question makes it known that she doesn' tsee you as relationship material or even sex material. what is a girl going to say yeah i don't want to fvck him but i think he's a great catch here you can have him?

3. the girl actually likes YOU and you don't like her and you are trying to use her as an IN to her group, she will claim dibs on you and that's a wrap unless she has some extremely ****ty friends. All her friends, will then by trying to hook her up wtih you, not the other way around beucase she has made it clear she likes you and that you are a catch.

This is why women have oribeters. That's exactly what this guy is.

I mean, i would ball park there were 10 or 12 single girls at the party. the thought of hooking her "friend" up with some of her girl friends, and some of them are very pretty/good looking, 1 in particular just broke up with a BF and she's easily a 7-7.5 on anyone's scale. why would a girl take away attention from herself? her hooking you up with her would mean that you wont' call her and do **** for her anymore and well that's not a viable option

that's what I mean by negative social proof. and i lived this **** for 6 years i'm an expert on this. the girl that brought me here was so hot and had equally hot friends well just about as hot, that i would have happily dated, she would go out of her way to make sure i never met them and hung out with them. she'd hang out with ME aqll the time, but she didnt' want me hanging out with them. i wasn't good enough to date but i was good e nough to where she wanted my attention and didn't want to give that up.

I mean let's assume I met my wife and instead of me really liking her i thought she was cute but i was still really on the hunt. she takes me to the date we had at her friends house, our 3rd date and i see 2 of her friends who i think are smoking hot and i want them.. there is no way in hell i'm going from her to her friends. just not happening. she'd **** block that **** all day long as would her friends.

the "in" into a social circle is through guy, not girl friends.

edit: and hell now that i think about it, even my oneitis wingwoman, even that **** was calculated. she had me wrapped around her finger and knew it. she had no rpobelm with me talking to new girls. but let me actually start liking one of them and spending time with them. she'd ramp it up and shoot that **** down. she knew that if she turned it on and got me to thinking we were going to get together, whoever i was seeing that's was a wrap. she was cold blooded like that.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
zekko said:

I reckon this is most true where the group are known to each other, a bar or a club isnt so important as you wil never see them again in all probability, where as a known social group is more likely to treat the guy like a leper

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm iteresting really.

back in my time I didi had some problems with other girls ****block me with they friends several times, but most of time I didn't liked that girl and well I ignored her or even call her in her bad behavior to me.

oscarkool

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is incredibly good, simple advice and the way the game really works. Sarging is retarded and makes you look desperate. Only low quality women will show interest to a PUA sarger.

I have this sniper mentality, my buddy who is a complete natural does it as well. It's actually really easy and requires the least amount of effort which actually makes you a pimp. It's really easy when you're having fun with your bros and you start noticing women staring at you over and over. Then you have your pick. And you didn't have to sarge at all.

My best pulls are always at the end of the night, usually around last call. It's hilarious how many girls I have taken home that were with other dudes 30 minutes earlier that we're sarging.

Anyway, I have said enough. I don't want every guy stealing my strategies. If you're trapped in the PUA mindset of 'you must approach 100 women' then this is going to be a mind **** for you and it's going to get you frustrated as it did to me when I stopped cold approaching.

And what's funny is I run a search marketing company and all of my clients are referral based. I don't really cold email companies at all. I might not get as much business, but all the business I get is referred to me and thus they're already interested in me when I talk to them - just like the women ;)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to say sarging is pointless

1. it's fun as hell once you actually get used to getting rejected.

2. it toughens you up.

the abiilt to walk up to a woman you like and spit game to her opens doors that otherwise would have not even been possible in the past.

i consider sarging, just general cold approaches kinda like basic training. It's a good foundation for game. Everything you will do with a woman, talk to her, pick her up, whatever revolves around the ability to 1. be comfortable talking to women and 2. let a rejection roll off your bat. the only way you can do this is to get rejected. a lot.

but once you get past that, it's time to develop a more efficient hunting technique IMHO

my friend I spoke about in the OP, in one month, he's a totally different dude. He crashed and burned, a lot but dammit dude is getting numbers. We go to the same gym and we work out together usually, I come out the locker room and he's just chatting up this broad, and she's digging it. i was so proud of him lol. got her number too. he was petrified of talking to women a month ago now, i mean he isn't the suavest dude on earth but if he likes a girl he will talk to her. just that.. the mindset that i can approach women, i don't have to sit and wait for one to show interest in me, gives you a whole new mentality. there are certain things you aren't going to put up with beucase you know you can go out and talk to another girl and another and another.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to think that the "shotgun" to "sniper" transition is simply a maturity thing -- or at least it was for me. When I first started reading this stuff I was doing very typical "approach everyone" stuff. As time went on I simply had more priorities and didn't even like thinking about game or pick-up or whatever you'd like to call it. I lead a busy life and I have a lot of things on the go.

When I go to some group event I don't like to think about the process. Instead I just mingle as I usually do, and I'm pretty good at mingling and including people in conversations. Every once and a while one of the girls I meet actually has a common interest or something, and then it's super easy to transition into singling her out from the group. It happens naturally -- if we're both into modern art then the conversation quickly becomes "our thing" because nobody else can keep up. From there things progress. No problem.

Some of the previous posters mention that it's hard to reliably find someone who is a "worthy target." And that's a valid criticism. But I think there's two things to keep in mind:

1. You might not be actually connecting. Ask the right questions and almost everyone's got something interesting about them.
2. You don't have to have a target every night you go out... If nobody is genuinely worth your time, so be it.

Again, this approach is just a logical progression for me and it works out much better. You may have different priorities and prefer to cast a wide net. I am not outcome-oriented anymore. I'm selective. If someone fits my criteria that's great, but I'm not going to waste my time hitting on every girl that walks by.