Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Proposal: Mature Man section in the DJB

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As part of my continued service to this forum I am proposing the addition of a whole new section, to be decided upon by you guys.

Quite simply, it will be called "Mature Man" and will not take more than five minutes to create.

In order to convince me to perform this task, I will need links to at least six articles any of you think are the best of the best here. I am not mature and will therefore only scan the articles for bad spelling / grammar. Debate should take place here if necessary.

When (or if, depending on the enthusiasm!) I get six (or more) articles, I will add them to its new section. It will be at that time that I will look for a MDJ (or good SDJ) to moderate the section, ie, have control over it.

There's the offer guys! Any takers?

Nick

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for posts from Joekerr and Rollo Tomassi, top notch. I even like my "Art of Walking Away" at the top of the pape. LOL!

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick Tales, far and away is my first choice nomination.

Boot Camp for the Mature Man is a distant second.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Player Supreme's posts are great, but remember one thing -- and I know this will get people riled up -- he's African American. Different dynamic in that every white gal I've ever met wants to get busy with a black guy. At least in the Pacific Northwest, where there aren't many blacks, dating one is novel for women here. Black guys don't even have to try. One could be an AFC black guy and he could hook up every night of the week in the Northwest.

Not sure how it is in other parts of the country, but Player wouldn't need to use any tricks up here. He'd just have to say hi and off he'd go ... I'm serious. I've known the most religious women just dying to bed down black guys, and I've known these women to do so.

And before one puts the race card on me, I have dated black women, have black friends, and so forth. Don't go there. It's just that his world -- as far as dating white and other women go -- is a piece of cake compared to us, I sh-t you not.

That said, his tips are awesome and true to the point, but remember, he's got it made ... at least in my viewpoint.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's figure out common issues that older guys face in the dating world and go from there.

Some issues I've faced are:

1. Dating women with children
2. Dating younger women
3. Internet Dating
4. The bar scene
5. Dinner Parties
6. Women at work
7. Newly divorced women
8. Single career women

What else have you guys faced?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eric hit on all the important subjects. Honestly? Tips and tricks really don't do anything for me anymore. If a woman is into games or falls for tips and tricks, I'm not that impressed.

Another topic would be places to actually find women. I'm done with the bar scene and burned out (for the moment) on internet dating. Recently I've dated gals from work, a neighbor, and someone I met at an art museum. I still need to meet and date more. The struggle is finding places, that would be a good tip.

Otherwise, I think Eric hit on all of them.

Another possible topic would be age: dating older and younger women. I think when one hits 30, they (well at least I did) dated everything from 20 to 40 or older. There's a wide range. Heck, in grad school in my late 30's I dated some real youngsters as well as much older.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WestCoaster
Player Supreme's posts are great, but remember one thing -- and I know this will get people riled up -- he's African American. Different dynamic in that every white gal I've ever met wants to get busy with a black guy. At least in the Pacific Northwest, where there aren't many blacks, dating one is novel for women here. Black guys don't even have to try. One could be an AFC black guy and he could hook up every night of the week in the Northwest.

Not sure how it is in other parts of the country, but Player wouldn't need to use any tricks up here. He'd just have to say hi and off he'd go ... I'm serious. I've known the most religious women just dying to bed down black guys, and I've known these women to do so.

And before one puts the race card on me, I have dated black women, have black friends, and so forth. Don't go there. It's just that his world -- as far as dating white and other women go -- is a piece of cake compared to us, I sh-t you not.

That said, his tips are awesome and true to the point, but remember, he's got it made ... at least in my viewpoint.
Not to get off-topic but that's not the case at all in Southern California. I think that's a regional specific thing. I'm black and I live in Orange County and it is difficult to pull here period. I think the idea of the white woman lusting after the black man is based more on skewed perception and stereotypes than reality.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So Many Ways
Not to get off-topic but that's not the case at all in Southern California. I think that's a regional specific thing. I'm black and I live in Orange County and it is difficult to pull here period. I think the idea of the white woman lusting after the black man is based more on skewed perception and stereotypes than reality.
---I say this is a self limiting belief: I don't think race helps or hinders, as long as your game is solid. Re-examine whether race is the issue or whether you simply need to continue improving your skill set.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NorPacWolf
---I say this is a self limiting belief: I don't think race helps or hinders, as long as your game is solid. Re-examine whether race is the issue or whether you simply need to continue improving your skill set.
I didn't say my race was limiting me specifically, I was merely debunking a commony held belief that people have. Game is game, that's why we're here to begin with. My game needs a lot of work. Thanks for the post though.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lived in the Northwest my whole life, it's the least ethnically diverse area in America -- that part I do not like -- trust me on this folks: the most AFC black guy in the planet call pull any chick he wants up here. Everyone I've talked to here on this topic agrees with me ... including black guys.

You desire the unknown ... probably why I enjoy dating minority gals -- there aren't many of those up here either.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Self Limiting Beliefs continued

My wings have gone over this issue several times. When I pull, they think/say/assume it's because I'm Asian. I used to think I could only do well in certain venues, or in certain neighborhoods, or with girls of specific races/ethnicities, or with girls in specific age groups. The more I improved (and trust me, I need a ton of improvement still), the more I discovered that all of these were self limiting beliefs. Every time, I discovered that the problem was simply a weakness in my game. For example, I used to wear glasses at night. A definite no no. Contacts or lasik is a must. I also wear form fitting button shirts when I go out now. I work out. I have more plans for improvement in the works. Be ruthless in acknowledging and eliminating your weaknesses instead of assuming that you can only do well with certain groups or in certain venues or in certain parts of the country.

Take a look at the curriculum you follow and examine it for weaknesses also: the DJBC, which I love and am terribly familiar with, is terrific, but it's for absolute beginners only. Compare DJBC with Mystery's "newbie mission": with Mystery Method, you don't go out to say "hi" a bunch of times--you go out four consecutive nights a week! You open mixed sets, pairs, whatever. You encounter AMOG's, ****blocks, you name it. This is a much more difficult curriculum and absolutely essential for anyone who wants to stand a chance at night game. I love Gunwitch's post on nightgame and DJBC which I've already mentioned, but you'll be standing around twiddling your thumbs at night unless you can approach sets instead of the non existent lone wolf at night.

Continually improve yourself, and look for the best or multiple curricula: never assume it can't be done, or that you are at a fundamental disadvantage. Anyway, we're getting a little bit off topic lol. Mods, feel free to start a new thread on self limiting beliefs or whatever this new vein of discussion happens to be focusing on.

---

PS: Westcoaster, I respect your views on the northwest, especially given your tenure in that neck of the woods, but I was out last weekend and I did see a number of, or rather a few, black guys out (remember, this is the Pac Northwest, so there aren't many minorities). I'm not sure if they were out just to drink or to chill with buds or what, but I'm assuming they were out doing what every red blooded single male goes out to do on weekend nights (whether they follow through or not): hunt for girls. From what I could tell, they were not doing especially well. Granted, that was only one weekend at a few venues but still, I didn't notice any discernible advantage, or an especially high level of interest in Black men on the part of the honies.

Let's put it this way: assuming that Black guys do especially well (and this is a big "if" in my opinion), is it because they are "exotic" in the Pac Northwest, or is it simply because they are more assertive than average first, and more comfortable with their sexuality on average second? If it's the former, then the rest of us are screwed (not in a good way). If it's the latter, then what we're really talking about is a skill set (the quality of your approaches, from opening to closing) and a mind set (an attitude of confidence and fearlessness). I tend to believe it's the latter. I'm the last person in the world to believe or state that race doesn't matter, but regardless of race, we are all capable of improving our appearance and of approaching and vibing with women in a way which throws "attraction switches" within women.

Last edited:

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand by my post

Lived here my entire life, which is a long time. Dated all kinds, know people in all three Northwest states. Know people and have friends from many different ethnic groups. I'm not pulling a race card or anything, but what I said is 100 percent true and I stand by it. If I'd just seen it once or twice, I wouldn't go to the bank on it. I've seen it 100's of times, I've had dozens of NW women tell me they love black guys just because ... really not for any reason at all. Just because. I've heard this dozens of times.

I've had black guys -- athletes, nerds, AFCs, professionals, unemployed -- tell me they can pull chicks in the NW any time they want, that the women here are mostly small town white and to them it's a big deal to be with a black guy.

I could write a book on it and I wouldn't quote myself, I'd quote African Americans and small town white girls.

Trust me on this, I'm 100 percent correct. Take it to the bank. Seattle, Portland, Boise, Spokane and all points inbetween, black guys can pull chicks like no tomorrow in the Northwest. I am not lying on this ... and I'm not exaggerating either. If you want, I could go into even more detail, but I won't.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Proposal: Mature Man section in the DJB

Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
I think it's a mistake to leave "the way of the attention wh0re" out of the Dj bible.

To most of us who are here, it may seem not that especial, but to newbies and to those who will come to this site years ahead it will.
Why are you posting in this forum?