Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Prom

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I need some outsider perspectives for I am probably too biased to view this situation clearly. I might be over or under exagerating stuff...

Back in December, just before break started, I asked a girl to be my prom date, she immediately said sure.

Now things just made for a crappy turn, since then, she now found a boyfriend somewhere over Christmas break. I saw this comming for about two weeks and I couldn't do a thing. She want to go with her boyfriend. She offer me to "hang out" wtvr the fvck that means and still go with her limo (there will also be with about 12 other people, the people are not that rich in this city). Either way, my thinking says, her and that guy are the date, and I'm the third wheel. Thinking of my options, the best realistic one is to find another date, but most people are taken and I lack friends who are girls that I think are close enough to ask for the prom. I could also fight back, but even if I win, who wants a girl to go only or even partial obligation reasons.

Complicaters?
-Developed feelings for her as time passed (we became friends during the summer)
-Well, not sure this matter much, but I should put this out also to make information as clearer, she tells me she only in a pseudo-relationshhip (wtvr that means) because she is confused about her sexuality.

What should I do?

SenorSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you find another prom date. If she said yes so fast, I'm sure others will too. Maybe she'll find that she had made a mistake. Just keep yourself open to options and don't focus on just one. Relating this too football (plus it's my favorite saying), play the field, not just one position. Look for your open receiver before throwing the ball.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm back to square one, need to find a new date and a limo. Just a question now I guess, when I said I don't have alot of friends who are girls, I meant it. I guess the correct word is acquaintances is the stance with most girls. Many I talk to here and there, not many I hang out. In my head, prom usually means the candiates usually a close friend or the girlfriend. Is it acceptable if I ask... a girl knew me cause we work together during the summer but since we have no clubs or classes together, haven't had a real conversation recently? or a girl only talk here and there during after scholl activities?

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you an alpha male? If so...I've got an idea that worked hella good for one dude that I knew. He seriously passed out prom date applications, and girls filled them out. So he had a choice of prom dates. I think he ended up going with like 3 girls. haha! lucky bastard. This is only gonna work if you're a popular dude, if you're not, you're just gonna look like a retard.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, have to say, frikin hilarious, sadly I'm not that popular, wish I could, even if it just to one-up that girl. Now, anyone got an answer or insight to my post above?

asdfghjkl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it wouldn't be alright to just call up this girl you worked with out of the blue and ask her to the prom, you have to at least have some contact before that. Why haven't you been calling her or hanging out with her if you think she is good enough to go to prom with you? You should have been all over that since the summer.

And if I were you I would tell the girl you were going to go with that you and your date will go in that limo, since she bailed on you and left you with nothing. Seems reasonable to me.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
asdfghjkl said:
Well, it wouldn't be alright to just call up this girl you worked with out of the blue and ask her to the prom, you have to at least have some contact before that. Why haven't you been calling her or hanging out with her if you think she is good enough to go to prom with you? You should have been all over that since the summer.

And if I were you I would tell the girl you were going to go with that you and your date will go in that limo, since she bailed on you and left you with nothing. Seems reasonable to me.
Hmm... You're right, I'm sadly quite an AFC, I should have been more aggressive with that girl from the summer. It is too sudden to ask that girl out of the blue. I guess I'll start with some other people first.

As for the limo thing, I did asked, the problem is I have to pay up by Monday, currently, I'm not paying for two seats until I can find another date (perhaps I should just assume, but I'm not right now).