Prom: Who pays for what?

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my friends all have different opinions on who pays for what when it comes to prom. I think that if your taking a girl from your grade and school, she pays her own way, but some of my friends think I should still pay.

So, who pays for what?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
sht dude, if it's not 50/50 then fck that, guys usually pay double what girls pay for their dresses to rent the tux. heres a convo from my friend who wanted to ask a guy from college to prom:

girl: i wana ask my friend from college to prom
me: that's cool, are you paying for his ticket?
girl: wtf! no, why should i!
me: uhhh because tuxes are like triple the price of your dress
girl: wth my dress is only 60 bucks, aren't tuxes like 40 dollars to rent?
me:... HELL NO the tux alone is going to be upward of 80 bucks (my prom tux was 110 total i think)

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
she shouldn't pay for his ticket either! pay for what you use, you pay for your ticket and tux, she pays for her dress and ticket...maybe buy her a drink at the start of the night but that's it!

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to step into the guy's shoes, he has to fly/drive down 2 hours for a prom where everyone else is at least 1-2 years younger than he is, he then has to rent a tux/whatever. i would expect the girl to at least pay for my ticket, and i would expect the same from a girl if i asked a underclassmen or someone out of high school

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
you need to step into the guy's shoes, he has to fly/drive down 2 hours for a prom where everyone else is at least 1-2 years younger than he is, he then has to rent a tux/whatever. i would expect the girl to at least pay for my ticket, and i would expect the same from a girl if i asked a underclassmen or someone out of high school
ah didn't know about the flight involved....if they're in the same year then he should get his own

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is another reason why I refuse to go to dances...

But my take on things...

Tickets: You
Dress: Her
"Tux": You
Limo if you take one: Split
Food: Talk that one over, I personally would pay, but thats because I enjoy it.
Condoms: You

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
But my take on things...

Tickets: You
Dress: Her
"Tux": You
Limo if you take one: Split WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS
Food: Talk that one over, I personally would pay, but thats because I enjoy it.
Condoms: You
hotel room: you
breakfast: its you again

but prom is ONCE so if you do it, try to make it fun

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahhhhh prom was so fun!!!! pay for both tickets, dsnt matter, have a good time! especially if u know ur getting laid. my toast was "to all who are getting some tonight". i had that place in a roar

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
So they have prom in Ireland? Wow, must be an Anglophile sort of thing. Funny how ugly girl countries seem to embrace such silly rituals. I swear the UK/Ireland should just join North America. Canada has a bunch of empty space. Maybe separate the Catholics from the Protestants this time. We might save some lives in the process.

Prom is a joke. Another reason why I wouldn't raise a child in America (or the UK/Ireland).

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so it's pretty much agreed that if she's in the same class she pays, but if she's not then I should pay for the ticket. But the friggin limo is like 200 a person, i guess I would have to pay for that if she wasn't from my class...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
hotel room: you
breakfast: its you again

but prom is ONCE so if you do it, try to make it fun

Eh, let her MAKE you breakfast...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a GREAT way to make the girl pay for everything. Listen carefully man!

1) Tell her about the prom. But don't say you're going. (I'm assuming you're dating someone)

2) She will want to go. Pretend you don't want to go. Tell her you're out of cash. Say the IRA raided your house and confiscated everything. Or you invested your life savings into Norwegian whale life insurance.

3) Since women seem to have an unnatural obssession with going to proms, she will pay for you. Tada!

This will make you look like a cheap bastard, but who cares, its high school!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Eh, let her MAKE you breakfast...
dude those rooms at the comfort inn that have a fridge, dont have a freggin stove...

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
I have a GREAT way to make the girl pay for everything. Listen carefully man!

1) Tell her about the prom. But don't say you're going. (I'm assuming you're dating someone)

2) She will want to go. Pretend you don't want to go. Tell her you're out of cash. Say the IRA raided your house and confiscated everything. Or you invested your life savings into Norwegian whale life insurance.

3) Since women seem to have an unnatural obssession with going to proms, she will pay for you. Tada!

This will make you look like a cheap bastard, but who cares, its high school!

interesting, can anyone back this up? :rockon: