Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Procrastination

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As of now, we're all in high school, which is filled with endless assignments and hot girls. But for now, I'd like to isolate it to just endless assignments. Procrastination seems to be a big problem for me, waiting until the night before or 2 nights before to start a big project. I feel that conquering this desire to procrastinate and suppressing my desires to do something more enjoyable is essential to my future.

So please, offer suggestions on how to defeat this annoying habit, and any motivational stories you may have.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Procrastination seems to be a big problem for me, waiting until the night before or 2 nights before to start a big project.
It doesn't matter so much in HS, its easy to churn out a 5 page paper on crap in like 1 night. But if you have a big project to do, you might want to try to cut that habit because you don't wanna pull an all nighter.

Heres what i did (other than my parents bugging the crap outa me about it):
-Figure out what you need to do it when you first hear about the project
-set up a timeline of things to do
-start doing things slowly.

Always remember:
The hardest part of any project is getting started.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, yeah, I can "pull it off," but I'm never satisfied with my work despite the high grades I get.

I can do all that...plan it out...set up a to-do list...even a time table. But as you said, starting it is hard. However, for me, starting it and keeping on doing it is hard. I can't seem to finish it with the same enthusiasm I once had. I lose focus...

Keep the tips coming. Thanks.

Osiris7250

Don Juan
Reaction score
its all mental, just make you sit youself down and start. after 5 min. you will get into it and work sufficiently.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I procrastinate too and I absolutely hate it! It's such a hard habit to break. What you should do is, as soon as you think about some assignment you have to do, or any task for that matter (including DJ things), just do it.

Think of the rewards your hard work will give you. Think, once you do that task, you will have free time to do whatever you want, and you won't have that unfinished assignment worrying you at the back of your mind.

If you lose motivation while doing it, just say to yourself "Think of the rewards." And think of them! It works for me. :)

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I'm working on self-discipline all summer. Needless to say, I won't be frequenting this site as often. As of now, women mean nothing to me. I need to get my head and life back on track.
:)

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why not just do the project as soon as you get it.

Pro:
-Less time you have to worry about it.
-You got it done before everyone else and you can laugh at everyone else as they are trying to get it done in one night.:p

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, thank you fellow DJs in training. I'm training self-discipline first by practicing self-denial. That is, denying myself doing things that give me pleasure.

First, I will be giving up excess TV and wake up at 6:00 AM and go to sleep at 10:00 PM. Next I will restrict my computer time to 1 hour a day.

I'm hoping to improve my life drastically with this. I found a nice way to be motivated. I look at how fortunate I am compared to other people, and see what I've done with my life compared to theirs. I've accomplished a whole lot, and I guess this satisfaction has somewhat toned my pursuit of happiness down a bit. Some may say, it's bad to compare, but I think this is rather a good comparison to make.

First I feel guilty, then I feel sad, then I feel angry, and then I start to do it.

Reaction score
when you procrastinate, put your penis on the stove while its hot.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimebag_Darrell
when you procrastinate, put your penis on the stove while its hot.
**** man, I even procrastinate when trying to do that. I go eat an apple or something.:(

EDIT: Argh....another day wasted.... I only did half the things on my list....I'm starting to hate myself.

Last edited:

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get yourself grounded for the 9 months of the school year.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Get yourself grounded for the 9 months of the school year.
^^ works best.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop over complicating things. It's just school work. The most motivational thought i can offer you in regards to school work is: A job begun is half done

Extra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I'm working on self-discipline all summer. Needless to say, I won't be frequenting this site as often. As of now, women mean nothing to me. I need to get my head and life back on track.
Good job on doing something like this, it shows that you have good potential to reach your goal.

Anyways, I'm a huge procrastinator and I love it. I'm not against people who do work ahead of time, I just like to do my HW early in the morning. I drive to school about an hour early and just do my homework. My whole group of friends does this too, and we somehow all pull off the good grades. I feel like it's easier to do my work when I do it in the morning or with other people around (often times we are all working on the same assignment, but never really copy off eachother or anything.). When it comes to projects though, I don't procrastinate much at all. I hang out with my friend across the street and we work on our projects and talk at the same time or whatever. It may take a bit longer, but it's more fun to hang out with someone and do your work than do it by yourself. We always finish before the due date too, so it's all good.
Do whatever you feel works best for you and whatever you are most comfortable with.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try doing schoolwork in little stints, e.g twenty minutes each night for a week, instead of 1 hour the night before.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or just do it all the day it is assigned, instead of the day before it is due lol

I started doing this about 3rd quarter last year, and it felt sooo much bette doing my homework, knowing it wasnt due in less that 12 hours lol

Just get up and do it!

Noone can do it for you