Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pro Sports Are Stupid Now

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sports being active puts more people back to work, which is good. However, its impact isn't all that great. A lot of stadium workers won't be there this season with no fans in the stands.

We need business as usual.
Not a great impact no. Would be nice if athletes (and owners!) would donate salaries to out of work employees.

We do not need business as usual. Business as usual has put us down this very deadly and long road. I suppose if it employs people I'm all about it but there are many more important things that haven't been fixed yet.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now the cardinals have covid, too. Mlb commissioner is already considering canceling the season. Espn is reporting that may happen in the next few days if more teams have positive tests.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sports is controlled by the Elites and China. NBA=China. Sports is all fixed in some way form or fashion. I've never cared for, nor followed sports mainly cause I always looked at it as a distraction and something meant for kids, not adults. Sports athletes are influencers to the cabal. Thats why they get paid fuk you money. To distract humans from whats really going on in the world and spread the narrative they're told to. Hence all the BLM non sense and the kneeling like a bunch of sell outs. People are so brainwashed by sports they still think Kobe died in copter crash.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
We mistreated the japanese americans there is even a couple documentaries explaining the mistreatment. Not to mention all the majority of there assets were seized and they were given a pittance of what they deserved back.

What mess did we clean up? In WW1 it was the french cleaning up the Germans, in WW2 it was the Russians that defeated Germany, while we profited from both sides for awhile. Contrary to popular belief the Japanese didn't surrender because of nuclear bombs but the Russian invasion of Manchuria. The Korean war was a stalemate but I guess you can call that a win. Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan.

If anything America doesn't clean up the messes of the rest of the world but gets involved when someone threatens their global hegemony. Be it the petro dollar, fiat system etc etc. This isn't always a bad thing because the US is pushing for globalism, what with things like the internet, open borders, free trade have all cut down on major conflicts at the cost of everything slowly becoming mediocre.
Yea, okay. The only thing the French can clean up are smells with perfume and cologne. As for Germany, Hitler was more concerned with the Americans coming in than the USSR. True, the USSR had the pure strength in numbers, but America had the technology. You're wrong on why the Japs surrendered.. But what do I know, I was just an Air Force officer and current Vet. I know nothing.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, okay. The only thing the French can clean up are smells with perfume and cologne. As for Germany, Hitler was more concerned with the Americans coming in than the USSR. True, the USSR had the pure strength in numbers, but America had the technology. You're wrong on why the Japs surrendered.. But what do I know, I was just an Air Force officer and current Vet. I know nothing.
America had the technology alright that is why we scrambled to gobble up every Nazi scientist after the war ended to compete with Russia. More like we had the industry and good economic relations with everyone. There id quite a bit of documentation from the Japs military as to why they surrendered and the idea of russian savages raping and pillaging there way through their population.

Throwing out your veteran status, I got 1 grandfather in the navy during WW2 and his brother as a marine storming the beaches of Iwo Jima. My grandfathers cousin was conscripted into red army. Let alone an uncle of my who was an Airforce PJ during the gulf war and a brother spent his days in Iraq. Who would all disagree with you on that subject. Military family way back when we were still redcoats.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sports are more important than politics. Unfortunately politicians ruin everything they touch, so we couldn't have sports for months and who knows what will happen to them next.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're wrong on why the Japs surrendered.
I find it verrrry hard to believe that Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't have something to do with Japan surrendering.

Sports are more important than politics. Unfortunately politicians ruin everything they touch, so we couldn't have sports for months and who knows what will happen to them next.
I used to enjoy watching sports shows, and sports. However, now sports and the sports shows have become so politicized, I figure I might as well just watch the news.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I find it verrrry hard to believe that Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't have something to do with Japan surrendering.

I used to enjoy watching sports shows, and sports. However, now sports and the sports shows have become so politicized, I figure I might as well just watch the news.
I said it did. Monty Python said it didn't.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
America had the technology alright that is why we scrambled to gobble up every Nazi scientist after the war ended to compete with Russia. More like we had the industry and good economic relations with everyone. There id quite a bit of documentation from the Japs military as to why they surrendered and the idea of russian savages raping and pillaging there way through their population.

Throwing out your veteran status, I got 1 grandfather in the navy during WW2 and his brother as a marine storming the beaches of Iwo Jima. My grandfathers cousin was conscripted into red army. Let alone an uncle of my who was an Airforce PJ during the gulf war and a brother spent his days in Iraq. Who would all disagree with you on that subject. Military family way back when we were still redcoats.
Gotcha. You're right, I'm wrong. Us toads are not as smart as our cousins, the frogs.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it did. Monty Python said it didn't.
I know, I was agreeing with you. I probably should have quoted Zontyy, it came off a little confusing.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
75% TV ratings drop in MLB, 50% drop in NBA:

Of course Breitbart blames everything on any political stance that is not right wing extremism. There are many reasons ratings could be down in a season that is anything but normal.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course Breitbart blames everything on any political stance that is not right wing extremism. There are many reasons ratings could be down in a season that is anything but normal.
I watched an NBA game the other day - it was very weird. Hopefully they'll work out the kinks in the virtual crowd noise.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardinals have at least six games postponed. Making all these games up is going to get absurd. They might do 5 inning triple headers.

I still don't see mlb finishing this season. Before the season started, the vote among owners to not cancel won by two votes. It's not that the owners care about putting people's lives at risk for the sake of a game, they wanted to cancel because most of them are going to lose money on the season. Rich assh0le billionaires don't like losing money.

And morale is low. The commissioner recently publicly blamed the players for the covid outbreaks. They are playing for one third of their salaries and putting their families at risk. Yoenis Cespedes just walked off and quit the mets this week. Injuries are up and stress is high. It's like everyone is starting to realize this was all a very bad idea.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't watched the NFL or the NBA in 3 years, with the BS MLB has pulled this year I am done with them. I watched sports for entertainment, to get away from things like politics. When the sports leagues and athletes started bringing politics into their product they lost me. My life has been great without sports , have picked up some new hobbies and invested more in some old once. the athletes and leagues are free to do whatever they want, but I am also free to do whatever I wan't and I have chosen to walk away.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't watched the NFL or the NBA in 3 years, with the BS MLB has pulled this year I am done with them. I watched sports for entertainment, to get away from things like politics. When the sports leagues and athletes started bringing politics into their product they lost me.
You're right, they've sucked all the joy out of it. They're going to kill their golden goose if they're not careful. I won't watch with what they're doing now, it's just one huge political statement. I can do other things with my time that are more productive anyway.

I've always followed the NFL so that's a tougher call, so I might watch but I won't be buying any tickets. Depends on how much they want to push the politics and anti-American rhetoric. Maybe they should replace the NFL shield with the hammer and sickle.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, yeah, the NBA has a huge Black Lives Matter logo on the court now. They're also "socially distancing" players on the bench even though they're tested every single day and none of them have tested positive. Next, players will be wearing masks on the court and on the field. Refs will be forced to wear masks too.

All mics on court muted so as not to pick up the relentless cursing from players.

No fans, cardboard cutouts of fans in MLB. Players are already wearing face masks.

What a f-cking joke.

Fake fan noise pumped in from a laptop when lebron inevitably wins a title due to rigging from refs and testing.
I watch none of it now. F@ck all of it after they killed the Redskins

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watch none of it now. F@ck all of it after they killed the Redskins
It's not like the team is gone, but I admit "Hail to the Washington Football Team" doesn't have the same ring.
Support the #Boycottthenba movement. Get politics out of sports!