Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pregnant Chick...Abortion...Lesson Learned

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically I got a girl pregnant. After about three weeks of waiting, the abortion was finally scheduled and taken care of.

I came out lucky here, though I am about four-hundred dollars less wealthy and did have to endure the chick's whining and her mother's agonizing face when she was looking at the guy who impregnated her daughter.

Anyway, bottom line is that I wish this to happen to noone. And I know it's been said a hundred times before, but, ALWAYS USE PROPER PROTECTION.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You learned the hard way, and it could have been much harder for you.

The $400 is nothing compared to the amount it COULD have cost you.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AE...

$300 is the going rate here, depending on how far along she is. By the way, how old was this chick? I mean, if she was 18 then there's no reason her parents had to know... By the way, WJH is right - the cost of raising a kid from 0-18 is somewhere in the vicinity of $180,000 if I'm not mistaken (and according to bankrate.com's calculator)... $400 is around 0.002% of that.

Source:
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/calc/raiseChild.asp

(they got it from Defaults roughly based on U.S. Department of Agriculture annual report "The Cost of Raising a Child," Release No. 0127.98)

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
AE...

$300 is the going rate here, depending on how far along she is. By the way, how old was this chick? I mean, if she was 18 then there's no reason her parents had to know... By the way, WJH is right - the cost of raising a kid from 0-18 is somewhere in the vicinity of $180,000 if I'm not mistaken...
About $100,000 average was the last statistic I heard.

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER

Anyway, bottom line is that I wish this to happen to noone. And I know it's been said a hundred times before, but, ALWAYS USE PROPER PROTECTION.
I'm curious, did you?

I ask because I see people i know getting pregnant or getting other people pregnant accidentally, but i'd be rude to ask them if they used a condom.

Condoms do fail, just trying to get an idea of how often they actually do.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I spray outside the happy zone:cheer:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sifer
I fear we are both not in the range we had hoped.
Good lord... I think I'll just stick to buying condoms. $2.94 isn't a bad investment considering the alternate possibilities...

Don't forget about twins and triplets, either.

calimartin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The "worst case" scenario is having the abortion, not having the kid. You can justify it however you want but we all know in our hearts of hearts that abortion is morally wrong.

As for money, kids don't cost money, they make money (eventually) ... with proper planning a kid can be the best thing in your life and retirement years.

With that said, I think everyone should use a rubber.

slack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't imagine having to raise a kid now. I think of things in terms of the time investment, and in this case, the quality of life for the kid as well.

The "worst case" scenario is having the abortion, not having the kid. You can justify it however you want but we all know in our hearts of hearts that abortion is morally wrong.

As for money, kids don't cost money, they make money (eventually) ... with proper planning a kid can be the best thing in your life and retirement years.
There is no absolute set of morals that everyone subscribes to. People do not all think and make decisions in the same way, and no one has the authority to declare someone else absolutely right or wrong.

That second comment is rather naive and reminds me of parents who only think of themselves when deciding to raise a kid. Maybe having a kid around makes them feel good. Maybe not having an abortion makes them feel morally superior. Either way, it's not for the sake of the kid.

ksoileau

Don Juan
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself

People do not all think and make decisions in the same way, and no one has the authority to declare someone else absolutely right or wrong.

Umm, by these very words of yours you do not have the authority to tell him that he shouldn't state his opinions about morality.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
if I'm not mistaken (and according to bankrate.com's calculator)... $400 is around 0.002% of that.[/i])
well if thas the case then 100% will be $20,000,000, its actuly 0.2% of it

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Pregnant Chick...Abortion...Lesson Learned

Originally posted by Mercenary
I'm curious, did you?

I ask because I see people i know getting pregnant or getting other people pregnant accidentally, but i'd be rude to ask them if they used a condom.

Condoms do fail, just trying to get an idea of how often they actually do.
I did a project on safe sex 4 years ago, and my sources said 3 % failure rate when a condom is used properly.

I don't have the source anymore obviouly, so if i had the source i'd site it.

Remember, Using a female and male condom is not safer then just using one of them. Latex rubbing against latex will rip.

Duo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: You just contradicted yourself

Originally posted by ksoileau
Umm, by these very words of yours you do not have the authority to tell him that he shouldn't state his opinions about morality.
He didn't tell him not to state his opinions/morals, dumbass. He told the guy not to expect everyone to live by the same morals because there are no "absolute" morals.

calimartin: I don't consider abortion wrong at all. Does that make me an evil person?

I believe that abortion is neither inherently good nor inherently bad. I do believe, however, that it is a big decision that shouldn't be taken lightly.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the condoms breaking, i must be the unluckiest guy around. I somehow managed to break 2 condoms in a week. It also happened once maybe 4 months ago. I am suddenly not trusting condoms as much as i used to...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt if they blame it on the condom when in actuality, it was their own stupidity of not using one that got the woman pregnant.

Ever hear the story about the guy and girl who just met, and she's already pregnant? If you ask them, they'll blame it on a broken condom. Somehow, I just don't buy this 5hit.

I've had a total of 4 condoms break on me in my entire life. Considering how many times I've had sex with a condom, that's a pretty small percentage of defective rubbers.

Then comes the chances of getting a woman pregnant. Those chances aren't always 100% either. Blowing your load in a woman once won't necessarily make her pregnant.

These are the reasons I don't buy the broken condom story. The percentage is pretty small if one, and only one broke. It's also pretty hard NOT to notice when the thing breaks. Again, stupidity is taken into account.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
I wouldn't doubt if they blame it on the condom when in actuality, it was their own stupidity of not using one that got the woman pregnant.

Ever hear the story about the guy and girl who just met, and she's already pregnant? If you ask them, they'll blame it on a broken condom. Somehow, I just don't buy this 5hit.

I've had a total of 4 condoms break on me in my entire life. Considering how many times I've had sex with a condom, that's a pretty small percentage of defective rubbers.

Then comes the chances of getting a woman pregnant. Those chances aren't always 100% either. Blowing your load in a woman once won't necessarily make her pregnant.

These are the reasons I don't buy the broken condom story. The percentage is pretty small if one, and only one broke. It's also pretty hard NOT to notice when the thing breaks. Again, stupidity is taken into account.
and if it breaks, you can always get the day after pill. I definately agree with you.