Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pre-start question

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey people, I'm 6' and weigh in at 150 lbs. My upper body is pretty skinny, very little muscle and yet I do have a visible fat roll on my belly and my ass + hips are HUGE. I've got a 2 month bulking up plan and I know that during this period I must do absolutely "NO FVCKING CARDIO".

Anyway, I really want to get rid of my belly, hips and ass BUT do I get rid of them through dieting, cardio and excercise before I start my bulking up plan or afterwards?

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP

Need an answer asap.

BTW I'm currently around about 19% body fat apparently atm.

Last edited:

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally i would do cardio and get your bodyfat down to around 10% or so before i bulked if i was 19%. I think if you tried bulking now you would do a half-assed job because in the back of your mind you don't want to put on any more fat.

So yeah, clean up your diet and do your cardio 4 days a week till you're happy, then drop the cardio and eat, eat, eat.

Make sure you have a good weightlifting program before you start too, if you're not sure what to do exactly, ask. I see a lot of people who just wander around the gym using a machine here or there, copying what other people do. Either ask a trainer or someone here to give you advice on a good beginner routine.

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I really want to get rid of my belly, hips and ass BUT do I get rid of them through dieting, cardio and excercise before I start my bulking up plan or afterwards?
start lifting in Gym(if u r not doing)
well diet control is one way...
do cardio 3-4 times a week for at least of 20 minutes...
swimming, fast walking are other options it will lesson the bulk from hips

IMO 19%BF is too much, tho u seems underweight too :confused:
i m 5 10 n my ideal weight should be around 160-170, so u can go upto at least of 170 easily...
don't diet, if u r underweight u'll only get weaker...
there r machines in gym where u can do excercise for thighs do lots of repitition with lighter wieghts... DON"T SQUAT right now....

better get advices from www.bodybuilding.com they hav forums too... check it out...
WhoAmI

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't diet, if u r underweight u'll only get weaker...
He doesn't even workout yet (i don't think, correct me if i'm wrong), i doubt he cares about strength at the moment, he wants to lose fat. That means diet and cardio (and lifting weights, you always lift weights). After he has lost the fat he can start bulking, then you will start to see the size and strength go up. Worry about one thing at a time, if you try to do everything at once you'll get nowhere.

there r machines in gym where u can do excercise for thighs do lots of repitition with lighter wieghts... DON"T SQUAT right now....
Why would you do high reps on machines and no squats?

Your workout should not change, it doesn't matter if you are cutting or bulking.

fragmentor, follow the cutting guide sticky on this board until you've lost as much fat as you want, then follow the bulking thread (which it looks like you have already read).

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
he wants to build upper body n remove from belly...
so no better than hitting the Gym.
as i said he look underweight n with doing squats there's chance he'll feel dizzy n can get hurt...
Diet to me means proper dietery plan...so if that it's then go for it... if u mean Diet=cutting food intake blah blah then i'll go against it. because it'll only make u weaker if u r underweight...
19% BF is high in obese .... i think he hav used one of those equipment which u stick up around ur side abs n check BF ...there r other good ways to check(Look around in good gyms)

i hav a same situation with me...where my upper body wasn't built n lower body had fat... i hav been following same advices from last 2 months... now i look propotional :D and lost 2 inches from belly... it's visible difference...

otherwise i advice him to check out the link i gave... Real BodyBuilders he'll get good advices from there..
WhoAmI

iceman666

Don Juan
Reaction score
6' 150 is VERY underweight, I'm 5'10 145-150 yet I should be much bigger, I tore my ACL and have been rehabbing my legs, but the atrophe is difficult to reverse, as a result my upper body is fairly built and my legs could use another 10lbs of muscle. In any case, my advise would be to throw your ego out the door and hit the gym. Don't worry if you can only bench the bar, you have to start somewhere...

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
Are you sure your 6' 150 and 19% bodyfat??
Well that's what a few online tests have told me. I guess you could call me skinny fat, skinny upper body, large hips and ass lol. Perhaps some measurements would help you out:

Weight - 150
Height - 6'
Waist - 33.5"
Hips - 38"
Both Underarms - 11"
Both Forearms - 9.5"
Wrist - 6.2"
Mid Thigh (8 inches above knee) - 21"
Chest - 35.5"
Neck - 14.5"