"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Potential Fallout....Advice please...

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Alright guys, this isn’t a really a question per se, but I’d like to hear if anyone has had a similar experience (I’m figuring people have), I could use some advice.

Background:

Met up with a group of people through my buddy. He went to college with a few, and now that we’re out, I’ve been hanging out with this social circle on occasion…There are some fun guys, and hot girls, and I’ve been getting to know the ladies, a few more intimately than some others, but all in all, we have fun…

There is this very attractive blond, whom I thought was one of the two hottest girls in the bunch. I was macking on her and another girl (whom my buddy ended up in a quasi-relationship that failed this past weekend). In any case, playing both sides of the fence, they went for other guys that night (my buddy getting this other girl). So this attractive girl that was giving me signs, seems like she’s single, but she is being somewhat pursued from this AFC type guy who hasn’t made a move in the month or so we’ve been hanging out.

I was out with them this weekend, and she seemed to be around me most the night, and we chatted, danced, and had a blast, to tell you the truth, I didn’t put any DJ philosophies or anything. I just had fun, and she was obviously having fun too.

Well this AFC guy comes over every so often to talk with her, and to tell you the truth, I found ways to be away from the situation when this happened (got a drink, bathroom, find other people)

So I basically want this girls number, yet I’m not sure as to the ramifications of our friend dynamic as I would from the AFC perspective be “stealing” his target…And I’m a relatively new guy to their scene.

You’d probably think the story ends here, like I’m some AFC that’s going to freak out and be timid in the situation……HELL NO…

So I asked her if there was a deal between the two of them, and she made it very apparent that he was not in the picture (not sure as to his perspective of the situation). I told her I wanted to take her out sometime and have some fun, she seemed enthusiastic…So she typed her # in my cell….

I’m not sure when I can hang out being as it’s the holidays, but I plan on it before new years…(I’m guessing she’ll be out with that crew and the AFC, while I’ll be at an open bar trying to score some more ladies…)

So the cliffnotes of this being the AFC guy is going to be upset, as I know he likes this girl, and I don’t want to turn this whole scenario into a Melrose place, type scandel…On the other hand, im not going to let this hottie just slip through my fingers…How should I handle this the next time we all hang out? The funny thing being one of our big links was the fact my buddy was quasi dating this girl that has now fizzled out….

Too many details I know, but I wanted to lay out the situation…I’m not stressing over it, just curious how these things have played out before for people….Thanks crew….
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
A man doesn't worry about how other men feel or what they think when they are in their predatory mode - it is a natural characteristic of a man to do this so how could anyone blame you for doing your duty. Also, it is also the girl's decision you know to chose whom she pleases!
 

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
I've been in similar situations. As a bouncer in a pub, I always think twice before I step on another man's toes. Mainly because the drama is hardly worth it.

In this case, it doesn't seem to me to be a big issue. If the girl has given you her number, then that is your connection to this girl, not your buddies fizzled quasi- whatever.

She says that AFC guy's not in the picture. So, he's not.

However, you might do wise to observe this girl. Is she letting AFC guy buy her drinks, etc.? This might be a sign that she's a touch insensitive. Yes, it's his own fault, but she should know better.
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Nice advice guys, PRL-I'm not scared of the AFC, I would prefer to be friendly and hang out with all those guys... Who knows if this will work out or not...

BP-Good call, the AFC isn't a competitor, and he's not a bad kid either.

Basically all these girls/guys are good $hits, the girl is hot, and hopefully everyone can be mature...Just figured people would have some horror stories, or some hindsight advice
 
Top