Posting on Good Looks Do They Matter = Immediate Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

thickandcreamy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I propose the following to the moderators:

1. immediately ban any board member who attempts to post on the topic of "do looks matter?" There is simply too much garbage on this board, especially on this one topic. It is destroying this board.

2. immediately ban any member who engages in flaming on this board. Flame wars are destroying this board.

3. Minimum of one FR per month. No one can respond to the FR unless they have a FR that month. Too many KJ's are clogging up the bandwidth on sosuave and destroying this forum.

Thick

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get rid of all of the "****y and Funny" threads as well as the "Looks Matter" and the "Looks Don't Matter" ones, as 90% of the treads on here are about those three topics, enough is enough.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of the stupidest threads/ideas Ive read in a long time.

Your advocating banning people who post a relevant topic in dating?

um, weither or not looks matters is a hugely relevant and important topic when it comes to dating.

Weither or not looks matters means the difference between your failure or success with women. Its that important. If sosuave actually wants to progress, and become a source of expert advice on dating and getting women, THEN IT MUST ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

To try to cover up the addressing of such an issue is sabataging not only a man's success, but sosuave's own credibility.

I propose anyone advocate of "banning looks threads" be banned.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with gogl,

banning topics is a stupid idea.

besides, NO ONE is required to read threads. or participate.

this is something that always mystifies me about the notion of banning a topic. all one has to do is this: DON'T READ IT! and if people CHOOSE to waste their time and endlessly battle each other in a thread... where's the harm?

consensus through silence is lame.

and finally, in a board full of posturing tough guys, there's a remarkable squeamishness about genuine argument. socrates would be ashamed.

dialectic is healthy. if you think you're right, PROVE IT.

delta

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
of the stupidest threads/ideas Ive read in a long time.

Your advocating banning people who post a relevant topic in dating?

um, weither or not looks matters is a hugely relevant and important topic when it comes to dating.

Weither or not looks matters means the difference between your failure or success with women. Its that important. If sosuave actually wants to progress, and become a source of expert advice on dating and getting women, THEN IT MUST ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

To try to cover up the addressing of such an issue is sabataging not only a man's success, but sosuave's own credibility.

Yes but people don't address it do they? As soon as someone tries to be sensible about this subject it just becomes a free for all with two different schools of thought shamelessly and ruthlessly flaming each other.

I reckon a mod should post ONE thread on this matter, make it a sticky, and thats that. Something alont the lines of, "looks matter TO AN EXTENT". You can do A, B and C to improve them, and X, Y and Z can never be changed, so don't get hung up on it. End of. Simple.

Any replies to the thread should just get deleted.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to read them.

thick, let me introduce you to the wonderful world of the Ignore Function. Go into your "User CP" and click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists"

Type in the names of members you would like to ignore.

edit: by the way, thick, you're on my ignore list from now on. Thanks for this wonderful thread.

Fat-Tony

Banned
Reaction score
deus on the proposal of banning look matter thread:

deus said:
If you check my post history, you'll see that I suggest a ban on looks-matter threads on every one that I post on.
deus again, in

Well, that's because you're incapable of thinking
LOL! I'll let the above "deus" irony speaks for itself. "Think" real hard deus. Go go gadget troll!

Personally, i think ONE giant "look matter/look dont matter" thread is a good compromise. Like the previous one that was closed, so what if people end up flaming each other, at least it doesn't clubber up other thread.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said:
Yes but people don't address it do they? As soon as someone tries to be sensible about this subject it just becomes a free for all with two different schools of thought shamelessly and ruthlessly flaming each other.

I reckon a mod should post ONE thread on this matter, make it a sticky, and thats that. Something alont the lines of, "looks matter TO AN EXTENT". You can do A, B and C to improve them, and X, Y and Z can never be changed, so don't get hung up on it. End of. Simple.

EXACTLY!!!! ONE MAJOR THREAD ON LOOKS...THAT'S IT!!!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KingBeef said:
EXACTLY!!!! ONE MAJOR THREAD ON LOOKS...THAT'S IT!!!!
It's been tried, recently at that. People want to start their own thread on the matter for whatever reason. The topic keeps surfacing like some mutant turd that denies being flushed.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fenderules
sounds like everybody needs to relax a bit more.
Amen.

I say let them "argue". If you can even call it that. All I see in those threads is personal attacks and the whole "you're wrong because youre just stupid" type responses. That's not arguing, that's just being lame. If you guys got into dumb arguments like this in real life, somebody'd have bashed your head in by now. Grow up, accept different perspectives, and move on.

If you're a good-looking guy, sure go ahead and believe that looks are the primary component in dating.

If you're average-ugly, why even when presented with 100% convincing "evidence", would it be beneficial to agree?
Sounds like some of you have some steam to blow off from other areas of your life, and just feel like arguing on here no matter what the topic.

Man up and move on guys.

Fat-Tony

Banned
Reaction score
Ahem:

If you check my post history, you'll see that I suggest a ban on looks-matter threads on every one that I post on.
Well, that's because you're incapable of thinking clearly
*Notice since you're so anal I've re-added the "clearly parts". We wouldn't want you to start bleeding or something.

Basically you've just accused yourself of not being able to think clearly which I couldn't agree more.

has been with the forum for a year and a half with nearly 1,000 posts,
to be fair, you've long reached the 1,000 mark. Its just that more than half of your posts end up being deleted...thus lowering your post count each time...one has to wonder if you're ever gonna reach it at this point...maybe try to post in other thread...just for good measures.

You complain about "look matters" thread and accuse others of trolling and yet.....95% of your posts are....*drumrolls* within the look matters thread! There's another irony for ya! But we allready knew that didn't we? deus troll spectacular lol Speaking of turds that KEEPS refurfacing...eeee-verytime a looks matters appears omg! there's deus *gasp!* what a shock! I suggest you flush yourself next time.

Anyway, we can say the subject has been debated to death, but I still think the best solution is to keep it all in one place (just make sure to bring your mask as the hyper concentration of particular indeusviduals (bad pun i know) can cause gag reflex)

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fat-Tony
You complain about "look matters" thread and accuse others of trolling and yet.....95% of your post are....*drumrolls* within the look matters thread! There's another irony for ya! But we allready knew that didn't we? deus troll spectacular lol Speaking of turds that KEEPS refurfacing...eeee-verytime a looks matters appears omg! there's deus *gasp!* what a shock! I suggest you flush yourself next time.

Anyway, we can say the subject has been debeated to death, but I still think the best solution is to keep it all in one place (just make sure to bring your mask as the hyper concentration of particular indeusviduals (not very funny i know) can cause gag reflex)

You're so funny!

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just make a rule that "looks matter" posts are thrown into the AE forum immediately? Most people don't even read in there anyways. This way the Looks Matter/Don't Matter people can be isolated for the rest of the world.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
i agree with gogl,

banning topics is a stupid idea.

besides, NO ONE is required to read threads. or participate.

this is something that always mystifies me about the notion of banning a topic. all one has to do is this: DON'T READ IT! and if people CHOOSE to waste their time and endlessly battle each other in a thread... where's the harm?

consensus through silence is lame.

and finally, in a board full of posturing tough guys, there's a remarkable squeamishness about genuine argument. socrates would be ashamed.

dialectic is healthy. if you think you're right, PROVE IT.

delta
great points, dont think I could have said it better myself.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
****y and Funny threads, while redundant, are still RELEVANT, and rarely degenerate into the bomb throwing that the "looks matter" threads are known for.
Well, lets see here, "looks matters" threads are also relevant to dating, as much as C&F if not more so. So If you think this is a valid reason to keep the C&F topic open, then you should also agree that "looks matters" topics should stay open for that same reason.

But before you say "but looks matters threads only cause flame wars", well thats what they say about political threads. But the truth is, flame wars arent started by the topics, just the immature people who participate in them. So you shouldnt be blaming the thread for a flame, blame the irresponsible posters in those threads for the flame or blame the mods for not IP banning the repeat offenders who keep recreating new screen names and starting flame wars *caugh* martinshernwood *caugh*

Besides, flame wars can occur in "non-looks matters" threads too, does this mean we should close the whole forum down becuase it is breeding grounds for flame wars? I dont think so. theres something called moderating threads by banning the irresponsible, thats what mods are for.

Theres 2 better solutions to the flame war problem than banning topics: ban the irresponsible posters, and dont read the thread if you dont like it, no one is requiring you to read it.

Originally Posted by God_of_getting_layed
Don't make me laugh.
Um it will. How could a site that claims to be expert source on dating information hold credibility while banning the discussion of a very big, very relevant issue such as the question of weither or not looks matters?

Thats like some expert source on pyschology banning the discussion of nature versus nurture. Such a source would not be very credible if it avoids addressing key issues. Credible expert sources try to address all issues and questions that are relevant to their field.

Lets not forget about the self improvement side of this. Many guys seeking to improve themselves with women wonder if looks matter. Knowing the answer to this question will help them make the right decision if they should be investing in improving their looks or instead be investing in improving their game. If theyre left in the dark about this issue, they wont have any true expert guidance as to what would actually be improving their success with women, improving looks or game. But if this issue is addressed, and the truth finally found out, if looks matter or not, guys will finally know if its vital that they improve their looks or not if they truly want to be successful with women. see how it works? good :)

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said:

Um, I address it. If you look at all my posts in those threads, theyre rebutals explaining why the other side is wrong. I dont flame. and I dont try to start sh1t like the "looks DONT matter" side does; for example, one of the "looks DONT matter" henchmen PMed me and wanted to find out where I live and brutally assualt me (fortunetly, this individual has been banned). Id say resorting to violence over a thread goes beyond just flaming. Well, anyways, the point is, I am proof that a person can participate in such threads and not resort to any kind of irresponsible acts such as flame wars and harrassment:

Dont blame the thread, blame those irresponsible people in it.

And making a sticky wouldnt be a real addressment of the issue. For one, who decides what the sticky will teach about the topic anyway? How can we guarantee that it would provide credible information backed with valid evidence on the issue? Something very similar to a debate would have to happen just to create such a credible sticky. And this debate would have to be settled before the sticky can be created. So...might as well leave the topic open, it will eventually settle itself once the evidence piles up and one side has to concede to it.

closing the threads over and over actually prevents evidence from collecting. Case and point: fat-tony's thread about the "craig's list personals evidence", it got deleted, the evidence is now lost and forgotten. progress was being made in settling the issue, and it got destroyed. :mad: As evidence collects, the issue gets closer to being settled!

Status
Not open for further replies.