Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post your favorite healthy recipes!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE

what dish do you like to prepare to help nourish your body that you would recommend to other people?

Last edited:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you all poseurs, or what?

any good bodybuilding forum contains an area for recipe posts..obviously.

lets get some ideas going on here..

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Macoroni And Cheese:

Add Salt to Water and Boil.

Add Macaroni.

Stir until it is soft but chewy.

Drain in strainer.

Add to bowl.

Add cheeese sauce, milk and butter.

Stir.

Enjoy

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And you guys wonder why you drop dead of heart-attacks at 45! Try this dish. It's not hard to make, and it's great with broiled fish & french bread! If you want you can add a cup of cooked chicken or ham (diced) You can be healthy and eat good!

Zucchini Tomato Casserole~makes 4 servings
(195 calories per serving, 11 grams of fat)

2 Onions
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 can of crushed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz)
4 fresh tomatoes
2 zucchinis
2 teaspoons dried Thyme
2 teaspoons dried Basil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Chop onions and stir fry in butter till soft. Add canned tomatoes and mix. Pour into casserole dish. Slice the fresh tomatoes and the zucchini the same thickness. Layer the sliced veggies alternatingly in the dish. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Mix the herbs, garlic, oil, salt & pepper. After 20 minutes, pour the herb mixture over the casserole & bake another 20 minutes. Serve & enjoy!

If you like this one I have more! Just let me know.

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cereal:

Add faviorate cereal to bowl.
Add faviorate milk (1% 2%, rice, soy, whatever) to bowl.

Enjoy!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good recipe watertiger.

to the other poseurs, get off the thread.

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
The following are good protein snacks:

tuna fish (1 can)
lemon juice (1 tsp)
diced tomato (1/4 of tomato)
diced onion
black pepper
tabasco sauce

If you don't like spicy food...don't use the black pepper and tabasco sauce....

On Keto Diet:

tuna fish (1 can)
mayonaise (1 tblsp)
relish (1 tblsp)
tabasco sauce

-DJLiquid

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
good recipe watertiger.

to the other poseurs, get off the thread.
Just for that I'll give you one more then I'm done. This is great with salad and brown rice or pasta.

Snapper with Redwine Sauce~ makes 4 servings
(179 calories per serving, 30grams Protein for big sexy muscles!)

4 Red Snapper fillets about 1 1/4 lbs
4 Green Onions
2/3 cup Red Wine
1/3 cup Fish Bouillon (Available in the soup area of the grocery store)
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon sugar

Cut onions lengthwise into thin strips. In a sauce pan heat the wine, bouillon, sugar & soy sauce. Add onion and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside & keep warm. Grill or broil fish on both sides. You may brush fish with oil so it doesn't stick to the grill. Drizzle sauce over fish when serving. Serve the rest of the sauce in a dish in case you want extra.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love to cook and really don't follow "exact" recipes. I like real simple recipes. Here's a good lean meal;

** Turkey meat loaf **

1lb of lean ground turkey
1/2 cup of egg whites (3 or 4 eggs I think)
1/2 cup of wheat germ
1/2 cup of tomatoe paste (or speghetti sauce)

Mix the trukey, wheat germ and egg whites together. (The wheat germ firms up the turkey).

Put into a non-stick or Pam sprayed baking pan. Spoon on tomatoe paste or Speg sauce on top. I prefer oil speg sauce.

Bake at 400 degrees. Covered top of pan with with foil. Bake until internal temp hits 180 degree +. About 30 to 45 minutes. About half way through, I remove the foil and let some of the "juice" evaporate.

I've added peppers, olives, tomatoes, to the mix with pretty good results. You can also use the same mixture for turkey burgers.

** Easy as he!! chicken Parmesan **

Grill chicken breast.
Once done, place on plate and spoon on Speghtti sauce.
Top with fresh ground Parmesan cheese.

Also, buy a bamboo steamer. They are great for every vegie...

don_juan_20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
are you all poseurs, or what?
I sincerely doubt any normal person signs up to a forum just to make themselves look like body builders to other forum members. Or act like poseurs because they care what someone half way across the country or the world thinks about their internet persona.

Realize that this is a HEALTH and FITNESS forum, not just a BODY BUILDING forum.

While some may be interested in body building, not everyone has the same goals or want to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I love fish: (recipe from http://www.building-muscle101.com)

4 ounces of rainbow trout
1/4 cup onions
Dash pepper
1 tbsp parmesan-dried
½ cup brown rice
7 oz broccoli florets
½ cup corn
1 clove garlic- divide into individual parts
1 cube vegetable base
1 ½ cup cold water

Pour rice into medium sized cooking pot and add water and soup base. Heat until the water boils and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and do not stir. Set timer for 30-40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash trout and lay on a slice of tinfoil. Add lemon and sprinkle cheese over trout. Add pepper and wrap trout in the tinfoil.

Place trout on a cooking tray and put into oven for 20-30 minutes. Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces and wash. Put broccoli into a small cooking pot along with garlic and 1/4 cup of cold water. Heat until the water boils and reduce heat and simmer. Cover for 5-8 minutes. Lightly heat corn. Serve trout, broccoli, corn and rice hot.

510 calories
40 grams of protein
72 grams of carbohydrates
11 grams of fat

Last edited:

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prosemont's Secret Spice

Okay WORKEROUTER, I'm going to give you my secret spice that goes great on chicken breast or anything else for that matter.

Simply take all these spices and mix them together. They make any chicken breast De-licious and, of course, the GREAT thing about spices is that there's no calories or carbs or anything (or inconsequential anyway) and it will transform whatever you're eating:

2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
1 tablespoon crushed thyme.

Mix together and put on chicken breast. Umm, umm, good.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gonna try that tonight. I've got everything but onion powder....

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres my specialty chicken pasta recipe:

first, take a chicken breast, cut it up and marinate it in the following:

black pepper, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, diced onions,chives, basil, lemon juice, and oregano for at least half hour.

second, cook the marinated chicken in a frying pan over medium heat with some oil. make sure your onions are in there. after adding the chicken, add diced tomatoes to the pan. cook for about 10 to 15 minutes and take your chicken pieces out but leave the saucy mixure in the pan..simmer this for another 5-10 minutes.

have your noodles ready, put your chicken over your noodles, then when take the sauce from the pan and put it over the chicken.

have a big caesar salad with it and a big glass of skim milk..

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
hey, Water Tiger

uhhhh...can I come over?

seriously you can cook for me anyday!

here is my recipe for homemade pasta sauce i make from scratch

1/2 lb. ground turkey
8 vine ripe tomatoes
1 small clove garlic
1 onion
zuccini
2 tablespoons minced italian pepper
2 tablespoons minced red pepper
handful of fresh basil
1 tablespoon minced parsley
black pepper
oregano
paprika

1. take the tomatoes and slice "x"s on top of them and stick them in a pot of boiling water. have a bowl of cold water ready so you can skin them afterwards.

2. Dice up the garlic, peppers, zuccini and onion and lightly sautee them in virgin olive oil for ten minutes or just wait till garlic browns a little and onions turn translucent. add ground turkey and simmer as you add spices

3. Take out the tomatos, peel the skins off and then chop the living crap out of them with a butcher knife (or use a food processor) This is how you make your own tomato sauce.

4. Pour the sauce into the pan with the rest of the ingredients and cover while you simmer on a medium flame. Stir often.

5. Boil some pasta (preferably fresh not dried) and lower the sauce to a light simmer as you add the chopped up basil leaves and parsley.

6. Keep stirring the sauce until it gets a velvety texture and the pasta should be done by now

Serve it all up with toasted italian bread

and my special salad:
mesclun
romaine
cabbage
corn
carrot shavings
cherry tomatoes
avocado
goat cheese
crushed almonds
and blueberrys (trust me!)
drizzled with a light vinagrette

Wash it down with a nice Merlot and you are good to go!

dessert recipes to come! (GREAT THREAD)

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Favorite Healthy Quick Recipes

Hey sorry I'm on a posting spree, but I need to get in shape so I can feel better, look better, and live longer. I was just wondering what were some of your favorite recipes to make when you get hungry and you need a bite.

Preferably, it should be healthy, but if not feel free to include it too. I will start it off with a toasted tuna sandwich:

1/2 package Starkist preseasoned Tuna
1 Slice cheese of preference
2 Slices whole grain bread
1 toaster oven
Mayo
Shredded low fat cheese
Chopped tomatoes
Spinach leaves

1. Mix your shredded cheese, tuna, mayo and chopped tomatoes in a bowl. Use whatever ratio you want. Start off with 1 tablespoon of mayo because you don't want too much and add a little more if you think you want more.

2. Start toasting the bread. 1 minute later, take that piece out and spread your tuna on it.

3. Continue toasting that one slice only for 1 more minute. Then add the slice of cheese on top of the tuna.

4. Add the second slicce of bread and toast that for 1-2 minutes to a desired browning. Add a few spinach leaves and sandwich it all.

Ok that is a really good sandwich I make sometimes. Please add your quickie recipes. btw, this takes 10 minutes max.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, not only fast recipies, but

1 or 2 slices off chicken Chicken (about 150-300 g)
2-3 dl parboiled rice.
some vegtables off your choice I prefer sallad
soy
sambal oelek
dried piri piri fruit.

Use some oil and fry the chicken in a pan. Add some spices after your own choosing. Take it easy though because the sauce is gonna be really spicy. Boil the rice and turn the chicken over a couple of times. Slice it to make sure it's not red inside.

Mash 2-3 piri piri fruits. Take about 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek and put in a little jar (as much as you possibly can fit on the teaspoon). pour over and mix with as much soy as you like. Pour in the piri-piri in the jar and mix it around. The result should be a black sauce. Now, put the chicken, rice and sallad on a plate and use a brush or something to get te sauce on the chicken. It's very strong so be careful so you don't take too much.

Another alternative would be to make the sauce beforehand and apply before you fry the chicken.

I like this, but it's not for everyone.

take about 20-30 minutes to do. If you slice the chicken up it takes less time.

==============

This is my favourite dish. I only eat it once in a while because it take some time, but I really enjoy it.

half a slice of chicken
a couple of hotdogs
2 eggs (use more if you only want the egg white.)
2-3 potatoes
1-1.5 dl rice
tabasco sauce
other spices
some sallad or sim

Ok. Cook the potates for a while so they soften up a little, just a couple of minutes. Then slice them up into smaller pieces and pour them in a frying pan. Start to cook the rice and mix it as much tabasco as you like into the rice while you cook. Mix it around though a little though once in a while.

Slice up the chicken into smaller bits.

Now. When you fry the potatoes you can pour on some spices on them. Wait until they are ready and then pour them up on a plate and put something over them so they keep warm. Now fry the hot dogs, sliced up chicken and the eggs if you can fit them together. If you have to frying pans you can do both potatoes and the rest at the same time.

Check the rice, it should be a little red if you have done it right.

Pour up on a big plate. You can add in some vegtables to if you like. It looks better. All my favourite stuff on one plate. =)

You can do this pretty fast if you time it well.

=========

3 dl oatmeal
3-5 dl water
2 tablespoons of flax seeds (optional)

Put in microwave, wait 2 minutes. Done. Takes <5 minutes ;)

=========

These tastes awesome. Fast snack.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=58474&highlight=bulk

=========

Otherwise I suggest you look here:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=26231

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 cans tuna in water, drained
2 Tbsp Miracle Whip Light (mayo substitute)
2 Tbsp pickle relish
1 HB egg white
1/4 diced apple
1/2 stalk diced celery

Eat on an openfaced sandwich (1/2 the bread... every bit helps)

POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE merged with Favorite Healthy Quick Recipes and thread title changed to reflect the merge.