Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Possibly Vegetarian Chick (ugh)

supajsilver2

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been in a LTR with this chick for awhile now, like her a lot, things are working out very well, but of course this never lasts.

Her older sister is a vegetarian and a negative nancy b*tch. I hate her guts.

My GF wants to be a doctor and is easily paranoid. This "captain obvious" study came out saying eating large amounts of processed meats increases chances of disease #1 and disease #2. She just so happened to see this.

Considering her older sister's situation (I don't know how she can like her older sis but oh well), she had 2nd guesses about possibly becoming vegetarian, which she just told me about.

I just about wanted to choke the b*tch for being so f*cking stupid. I told her that "If you want to go ahead an be a vegetarian, I really don't know what I'd do with you." Not totally straightforward ("I'll dump you, b*tch") because I didn't want to sound like a d*ck, but I think she got the idea.

So she seemed a little taken aback, a little offended by my aggression. Citing many reasons, I believe vegetarianism is usually incredibly idiotic. Me and a vegetarian? A snowball's chance in hell. I don't want to get started though...

Thoughts on how to approach this with her? She seems VERY defensive of her ideas and her older sis' situation.

ugh...

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what if she wants to eat vegetables? If it doesn't fvck with your personal eating habits what's the difference? Being completely intolerant of other's personal beliefs is going to burn you eventually. You might be missing out on the best thing you'll ever have just because you are against vegetarians. Unless it's for a good reason, that's a pretty foolish way to behave.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Soniq_red said:
If she goes super-vegan (nothing associated with animals and largely uncooked food) kick her in the box.
Agreed. Vegan (can't remember if that's how you spell it... been awhile since I've had to, thank GOD) types are totally nuts, in my book. You'd have to be off your rocker.

"I don't drink milk because it comes from a cow."

Oooh... thanks sweetie. I would have never guessed. But you realize that it isn't HURTING the cow any, right? *kicks her in the teeth*

Rostfrei

Reaction score
You shouldn't break up with her simply because she's deciding to become vegetarian... that's stupid. However, if she starts to pester YOU in to becoming vegetarian, she'd be being manipulative, in which case you'd want to break up with her.

And vegans aren't necessarily nuts. My girlfriend is vegan, she's sane.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are a god damn moron

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing with becoming a vegetarian for the animals' sake, is the principle of the matter.
Why I don't eat veel, for example.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went vegetarian twenty years ago mainly because I didn't want to cause any unnecessary suffering in the world. Yet I wear leather and any mouse that dares enter my house gets a hammer to the skull, so I'm not preaching to anyone.

Famous vegetarians include Albert Einstein, Andre 3000 (vegan), Anthony Kiedis, singer of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bill Maher, Anthony Robbins, Benjamin Franklin, Bruce Springsteen ,Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Brad Pitt, Charles Darwin, Dario Argento and of course Hitler, who actually wasn't.

But after 20 years, animal warfare is not my main reason for avoiding meat, I just think meat is gross.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her that for every animal she doesn't eat, you're gonna eat 3. That way animals are even worse off if she doesn't eat them.:crackup:

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're an idiot, and she is too if she stays with you. Unless she nags on your eating habits, then thats another story. But if you nag on her, you're just as annoying as those vegetarians who nag on us for eating meat.

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you guys realize anything about being vegetarian or vegan. Vegans don't eat animal products because yes milking a cow doesn't hurt it, but keeping a cow in a small manger and pumping its body full of hormones so it can make "good" milk does. Also their is the environment issue. For every one person who becomes vegan 1.5 tons of fuel is saved because the goods don't have to be transported anymore and many more things.

I suggest you guys do a little research before you bash vegetarians and vegans.

And so what if your girlfriend becomes a vegetarian? It's her choice and effects you in no way at all. Plus it will get around to other girls that you dumped her just because she wanted to make a choice with her own life, what will other girls think of that?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soniq_red said:
I suggest you use some logic and see how much meat is thrown away or used to make dog food because vegans don't buy it. The cow is still slaughtered and the cow is still shipped, and the cow is still packed in your local grocery store's meat department.
wrong. if there's a lower demand for meat then there will be less supplied and less shipped out.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soniq_red said:
true for less demand, however the disparity between vegetarians/vegans and omnivorous people is so massive that there will be very little to no effect. I think it's like for every one vegetarian there are 400 omnivorous dieters.
your numbers are off. Roper polls actually show that .3% - 1% of the US population never eat meat or dairy of any kind, while 3-7% of people consider themselves to be vegetarian (and thus don't eat some kind of meat, most likely red, which would apply to your cow theory. but let's move on).

this translates to 1/2 million - 1 million vegans in the US. For the sake of argument let's use your 1/400 vegetarian ratio and just ignore the vegan aspect of this. We can take the total population of the united states (roughly 295,734,000) and multiply it by (1/400) and we find that there are, very roughly speaking, 740000 vegetarians in the US. No matter which way you look at it, that's going to effect the number of cows which are killed and moved around every year.

do vegetarians have a big impact on the meat industry? I guess not. it certainly isn't in any trouble. but don't tell him that it's stupid to be a vegan/vegetarian because it won't matter when, in fact, it will. He's one less person to produce steak for, and (in the long run at least) he can make a difference.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why you're all debating the value of vegetarianism instead of calling this guy out on his stupidity. If she wants to be a vegetarian, does that seriously make any difference? And if it does, dump her, it's that simple.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read all of my posts in this thread before calling me out, NYC. I already let him know that he's a moron.