Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Possible to gain 30 lbs. in a year??

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Weight Gain

Originally posted by blackbirdbeatle

Templeton: I am a very hard gainer but I lifted hard and stuck to an extremely strict diet. If hardgainers eat the right things they can gain weight pretty easily too. [/B]
Granted, and it appears that you are very disciplined in your whole approach. But even with such dedication many guys will not gain at the rate you have.

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it is possible.

You can gain thirty pounds in a year. But you will have to follow a diet and workout plan and stick to it to see any results. I'm about 6'2, and I went from 163lbs in December to 187lbs today. So, if you want to gain weight, I think the biggest thing is the DIET(avoid processed foods) because after I changed my diet I started to gain weight.
Good luck,
JW

hshot_rooke

Reaction score
Sounds like it is indeed possible and it won't even take a whole year which is good.

One more question I've got is if I reach my target weight and mass, will I have to keep eating the same amount for the rest of my life to keep it? Or will I lose some of it if I don't continue with the diet?

Sounds like a dumb question I know, but if I gain all that muscle, I'm thinking it won't just go away right?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys make this sound like a walk in the park. IT ISN'T. :rolleyes:

Any guy with a smidgen of bodybuilding experience knows this. To have massive gains "in only 12 weeks!!!" like they say in those magazine ads is ONLY possible with tremedous efforts in training, coupled with immaculate nutrition plans and supplementation. NOT ONE DAY of workouts or ONE MEAL can be missed. If you can put 100% of your life's efforts into bodybuilding, you're a lucky guy.

Most guys live in the real world, so for us, it will take a bit longer than 3 months. I'd say for a realistic plan, 6-9 is about right. This is assuming you don't cut class or call in sick to your job to lift, which is damn stupid.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a hard-gainer and for 2 months I gained nearly nothing even though I was lifting correctly.

Finally I just started force feeding myself like crazy, more and more and more and more. I think I am up to over 5000 calories a day now.

I started about a 1 and a half years ago at 135 lbs. I am now 205 lbs.

30 pounds is DEFINITELY possible, you just got to EAT EAT EAT.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 70-POUND GAIN?? JESUS. :eek:

That is impressive. How much of it is fat, do you think? 40 pounds of it? Are you shredded up at 205, or is some of it fat. I'd guess that a sizeable amount of that is fat at the present. Am I not right?

Dubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
A 70-POUND GAIN?? JESUS. :eek:

That is impressive. How much of it is fat, do you think? 40 pounds of it? Are you shredded up at 205, or is some of it fat. I'd guess that a sizeable amount of that is fat at the present. Am I not right?
i know the Doctor. it is almost all muscle. When he cuts about 10lbs he'll be ripped solid

but it is hard to do what the doctor does. it takes patience and some cash.

-Dubs:mad:

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
You guys make this sound like a walk in the park. IT ISN'T. :rolleyes:

Any guy with a smidgen of bodybuilding experience knows this. To have massive gains "in only 12 weeks!!!" like they say in those magazine ads is ONLY possible with tremedous efforts in training, coupled with immaculate nutrition plans and supplementation. NOT ONE DAY of workouts or ONE MEAL can be missed. If you can put 100% of your life's efforts into bodybuilding, you're a lucky guy.

Most guys live in the real world, so for us, it will take a bit longer than 3 months. I'd say for a realistic plan, 6-9 is about right. This is assuming you don't cut class or call in sick to your job to lift, which is damn stupid.
Good points, but I belive that it IS possible to gain 30 pounds of muscle in 10-15 weeks or so, but ONLY if you are VERY emaciated.

Also, I think alot of it depends on your current mass. If you are a skinny runt who almost never eats, then you can slam your calories up two or three thousand a day, and gain 20-30 pounds in 4-5 months.

This is because you are underfed, and your body will snap back into place when you start EATING.

If you are already eating enough, then your gains will not be as much. (But you will already start with some muscle, so in the long run there is not much difference.)

If you are really skinny, then EAT! This ALONE will help you gain, but lift anyway to keep that body fat off.

If you think that you may be skinny, you proably aren't. ( I think I am skinny at 6'4 200!) But reading stories of guys that are 140-160 at that height, THEY are the real skinny ones! They will gain mass at a faster rate then I will.