Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Popular things that you find overrated and underrated

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just admit you hate everything lmao
Nah, I just have specific and esoteric interests, i'm not a straight up hater or contrarian by default. I actually have quite a few hobbies/interests and am trying to develop more. There are plenty of popular things I like that could otherwise make me look like an NPC at face value.

I do admit it can hard for me to have fun or relate with most people, though luckily I do share a fair bit in common with my main friend group.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tex Mex and Mexican food are somewhat different. Tex Mex can be carb heavy.

I have had some good Tex Mex in Texas.
"When a place thinks they have the lock on a specific cuisine, it inexorably turns to ****."

This applies to Tex Mex in Texas lol.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uber Eats, DoorDash etc. All they do is create more lazy people. Go pick up your own food! I don’t even get pizza delivered. You save so much money by not having to tip and pay a delivery fee.
I doordashed a few years back and I cannot understand why any able bodied person would do it.

1). It is expensive.
2). The person delivering your food could be some random person with no ties to an organization and zero skill in food handling & delivery. I delivered pizza in high school and college, so I do have prior delivery experience.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m guessing you’ve never traveled for work to understand how awesome it is :)
The only people that like travelling for work either have a job that lets them do gods knows what or has no life/hates their life at home and uses it as an escapism.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uber Eats, DoorDash etc. All they do is create more lazy people. Go pick up your own food! I don’t even get pizza delivered. You save so much money by not having to tip and pay a delivery fee.
I agree. It's absurdly expensive and it only further promotes our asinine tipping culture since if you don't tip at least 20% you either won't get deliveries or it'll be cold food that was farted and pissed on.

I truly cannot understand the mindset here. It takes less time and money to drive to a grocery store and buy a meal than it does to order some ****ty overpriced Sysco quality food from doordash. You can literally buy 5 meals from the grocery store for the same cost it takes to order a single meal from these clown apps.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1). Tex Mex Cuisine- A lot of it here is price gauged and it is just a bunch of mediocre quality meat smothered in cheese, beans, and carbs.

2). Weddings- Expensive, planning the wedding sucks, and it is all for one night.

3). 5-star Hotels- Overpriced and always trying to rob you for any nickel & dime, and I don't vacation to spend most of my time in the hotel

4). Spinning plates- The novelty goes away after you realize that you can get laid

Exhilarating but exhausting. And the plates are constantly trying to get you to commit. Not sustainable long term. Though I miss it.

5). Just buying a house to say you are a homeowner and to gloat...Hell, doing anything to brag to your friends or the internet about.

6). Travelling for work- People seem to think that work travel is just a work paid vacation when it is actually more work, prolonged forced contact with your coworkers, crappy happy hours & food, and trapped in a hotel.
I LOVE work travel. I’m sent solo. My non-work time is my own. When I was single, I used Tinder to meet local girls. I Uber out of the hotel & go downtown. The only downside, the towns in NoCal , outside of they Bay Area aren’t super happening and it’s midweek. And the weather is often cold or rainy.

I commented on 4 & 6.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weddings, home ownership, and travelling for work are all overrated. You've accurately described all of those.

I'll add pet ownership and pickleball as overrated. The pickleball fad is a joke to me. I am a long time tennis player. Tennis players and pickeball players do not like each other.

Spectator sports are also overrated.
My ex- two iterations ago was a PB fanatic. My gym now has PB events.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only people that like travelling for work either have a job that lets them do gods knows what or has no life/hates their life at home and uses it as an escapism.
I’m in the first category.
Work buys me one drink a night with travel.
I’ve had some legendary excesses while on work trips. One time. I destroyed my room and my organization got charged $300 for cleaning. Met some girl and we got utterly hammered in my room (sadly, I was too hammered to hammer her). They never said a word to me.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doordashed a few years back and I cannot understand why any able bodied person would do it.

1). It is expensive.
2). The person delivering your food could be some random person with no ties to an organization and zero skill in food handling & delivery. I delivered pizza in high school and college, so I do have prior delivery experience.
DD was useful here in the BayArea during Covid. Now. Maybe once a year.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically everything which is a status flexing wheter it's dinners out, vacations in certain places and in certain moments doing certain things.

Weddings and all the other mandatories celebrations especially when it comes of buying/receiving presents.

Also as an introvert, forced socialization and compliance to social norm is a good reason enough to quit family and dating in most extreme cases.