Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pook: "Women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys". Your opinion?

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what Pook writes in his book:

"Years ago, I was at my 'most natural state' when I would rant about philosophy, politics, economics, and so on.

As you can imagine, this bored the women (women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys). My actions were so 'intellectualized' that women saw through everything (or used me in some way)."

Do you think that "intellectual conversations" damage your chances with a woman? I guess there's some truth to it, since sexual attraction is primarily based on the physical connection between men and women, not on the mental connection.

I also witnessed quite often that those guys who are like "STFU" when somebody tries to initiate a deep conversation, are often successful with women. Their superficiality seems to be rewarded, which, I guess, is due to the fact that they are doers instead of dreamers.

Let me know your thoughts!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can dive into a lengthy conversation with a woman, it's not going to make her less attracted. However, if you're doing all the talking about something a woman doesn't give two fvcks about, it's going to bore the hell out of her.

Women like "smart" guys who can make logical decisions. That's about as deep as it goes.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what women want. Want are/slavery bondage live your life and be you

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is if a girl is initially attracted to you. If you are hot to her then being smart will be attractive. If you are ugly to her then it will be a turnoff.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women want smart guys as in capable. Men who are "smart" enough to make good societal decisions. I side with Pook here.

However, remember, things aren't black and white. I once smashed this chick I used to have really deep and intellectual conversations with. She said that's what turned her on the most about me. But I also am in the best shape of my life so that might've helped.

What @Dhoulmagus says is true.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People will always have something bad or good to say about one's actions.

Be yourself. Be true to yourself. Show who you are. If inferior beings are going to abhor a superior being, one should give them a good enough reason.

Talk about what you want. Project yourself in a confident manner. Do you mind if some brainless subhuman can't comprehend what you are trying to transmit? Feel pity for them. Move on and realize that you are the prize. They are lucky to be graced by your presence.

L'Etat, c'est moi. Said phrase should revolve around your thinking.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in terms of "offsets". I offset my seriousness with humor. I offset my humor with deep discussions. Every positive trait that I have, I offset with the opposite. I offset being there with not being there. I offset reliability with unreliability. I offset peace and comfort with the discipline that she needs.

In this way, she enjoys a palate of emotions that she never thought possible and has never experienced with any other man.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know your way around social situations you can make the most insignificant things interesting to women (and everyone).

There's a study showing that HOW you say something is more important than WHAT you're saying. I believe the ratio is like 9:1. I've talked with women about everything from professional wrestling to food to the economy. Don't worry about what you're saying, focus on how you say it.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ some of the other responses;

Simply saying, 'Who cares what a woman wants, just do what you want' is far from helpful. Though it's a useful philosophy in certain situations (e.g. a break up), this guy Diego is asking for quite specific practical advice, which for once is not particularly run of the mill.

"Years ago, I was at my 'most natural state' when I would rant about philosophy, politics, economics, and so on.

As you can imagine, this bored the women (women want smart guys but not 'melancholy' filled philosophic guys). My actions were so 'intellectualized' that women saw through everything (or used me in some way)."
I agree with Pook entirely on this. Years ago I even had an ex-tell me she didn't like talking about work all the time (we work in the same industry, even the same office at one point).

For me, a bit like Atom Smasher, it's about striking a balance. You're not going to find many philosophical/political/intellectual conversations that stimulate a lot of humour (though I do employ a lot of satire myself anyway). If you can't be a bit entertaining, she'll soon find a guy who makes her laugh. Girls just wanna have fun.

If deeper conversations arise then you have your chance to prove your own depth, as does she. Personally I can't spend more than a couple of hours with a girl who doesn't have some substance to her. Equally don't harp on and on all evening about the meaning of life etc etc. Keep it light and playful, and punctuate with meaning at opportune moments. I learnt this the hard way.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook also said "dont be boring". Be knowledgeable, talk about philosophy, talk about whatever, just dont be boring . The woman I am seeing was an artist. We talk about art because she is interested in art. I dont talk about sociocultural models of education and Marxism because that would be boring. When we talk about art it allows us to share her passion and it is one more thing to let her open herself up to me. It also lets her know that there is more to me than just being someone to fvck. Anyone can fvck. Finding someone you can talk to about things that you are passionate about is hard.
Tl:dr. Be smart, but dont be boring smart. Be interesting smart.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was reading that text passage, I immediately thought of Elliott Hulse. He is one of the most profound, eloquent, philosophical youtube stars out there.

His lookalikes, The Hodgetwins, on the contrary, do funny sh** all the time and don't give a damn about philosophy:

I wonder who's more attractive to the ladies?

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im from a different country. I dont know who these people are. I would guess the funny guys, because being funny also implies social skills and confidence.

As Mae West once said, "a man who can make you laugh can make you do anything."

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was reading that text passage, I immediately thought of Elliott Hulse. He is one of the most profound, eloquent, philosophical youtube stars out there.

His lookalikes, The Hodgetwins, on the contrary, do funny sh** all the time and don't give a damn about philosophy:

You can think about it too much. Some girls like geeks others like clowns. All of them like big muscles and laughs.

But look at it like this. A lot of girls' dating profiles will talk about wanting a guy with smarts and conversation. But NEARLY ALL of them will say something regards sense of humour, loving to laugh until they cry etc etc.

Don't have to be a clown, but you do need to be able to inspire humour.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like men that pass their physical looks standard. You have to be at least passable in appearance. Next... they like men that can get things done.

There really isn't anything wrong with being philosophic and a conversationalist, but many see this trait as someone who is all talk and no action.

Women can sit around and yack with their friends... they don't need a man that is all chatty... they can get that from their friends. What they want from a man is sex... security... and stability.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ayyyy lmao!

They like smart guys but not guys who are super deep and philosophical all the time unless either of you are stoned or tripping off acid and are in the mood to talk about such things. Other than that, this deep level of thinking about just ONE topic bores them and is not natural for them.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like men that pass their physical looks standard. You have to be at least passable in appearance. Next... they like men that can get things done.

There really isn't anything wrong with being philosophic and a conversationalist, but many see this trait as someone who is all talk and no action.

Women can sit around and yack with their friends... they don't need a man that is all chatty... they can get that from their friends. What they want from a man is sex... security... and stability.
Well. If one is philosophic and a conversationalist, one is simply projecting who he is. It is easier exuding one's own essence rather than trying to fit in a specific mold.

A visionary is not a loquacious individual. A visionary projects a vision within to showcase his plan of action.

One knows one's strengths and weaknesses. One is best served to employ strengths (no matter how one is viewed) and play one's own game.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that serious conversations with women are appreciated when they are about social trends and psychological facts, not as much in terms of politics, economics and so on.

A professional psychologist lecturing about psychology is considered interesting from most women while an economist doing the same will be considered boring.

Women are overall more interested in the social field, be it low levels gossips or high level social trends in my opinion.

Personally I dont have this problem, it comes naturally to me to avoid serious topic with women I feel attraction for, its more like my inner caveman takes the driver sit and the brain goes in stand-by, somehow it works.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Elliot Hulse is literally retarded. He's just a bullsh!tter.