Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pook might have been a Freemason

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just so you know, Roly my last comment was more directed to the Illuminati discussion.

Regarding marriage, we're almost on the same page. I'm approaching my 30's and I'm very sure I will probably never get married (or produce any offspring). The commonly cited ills of marriages - divorce, child support, alimony - aren't really what bother me, but mostly rather how marriage robs men of time and freedom to think and do things. Women and all their peripheral chores are... a distraction. Women are entirely social creatures, spending 100% their time thinking and talking about people - not ideas - and the fact they are not driven by ideas is profoundly disturbing.

Bass-Turd

Banned
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Just so you know, Roly my last comment was more directed to the Illuminati discussion.

Regarding marriage, we're almost on the same page. I'm approaching my 30's and I'm very sure I will probably never get married (or produce any offspring). The commonly cited ills of marriages - divorce, child support, alimony - aren't really what bother me, but mostly rather how marriage robs men of time and freedom to think and do things. Women and all their peripheral chores are... a distraction. Women are entirely social creatures, spending 100% their time thinking and talking about people - not ideas - and the fact they are not driven by ideas is profoundly disturbing.
Dish i really dont know what you mean by that, but i can sense alittle woman bias in that post

My girl is probably the most Idea and goal driven person i have ever met. Sometimes she is even more logical than i am. weird huh? as a man i should be the more logical one.

we are getting married, but i do not see how marriage "robs" time away from me to think and do things

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres a great poem by Pook Bass::

Life of Security

His world is but a stage,

For the women to play their parts:

They have their scripts and lines;

And his world in life plays many stages,

His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,

Crying and puking in mommy's arms,

Understanding that when she is happy,

The world is in order, and when she's sad,

The world is so broken. From this point on,

Women become his measurement of life.

And then witness the teenage second stage,

His world to now give girls dates and boyfriends,

To be paraded like a caught war horse,

And trotted past her friends like a prize caught.

Of that then comes marriage arrowing fast,

With life well stung to sleep with pricks of love.

'Love!' 'Love!' Everything shall come from this 'love'!

And so he thinks of pies, flutes, dreams of bliss,

Forever a life of security.

He weds to see the girl to happily ascend

Into a princess for the day, and he

Becomes her majesty's court jester

Till lifetime’s end. But this 'honor' does prevail,

Full of strange oaths and pledges,

Of dreams bled through Love’s demanding sores,

And stuffed with feeling makes this stuffed man

To seek the bubble reputation

Even in the Church of God. Then arrives

children with his wife playing the mother,

Never again will she have a passion

To play the mistress fire ever again.

And so witness the fifth age of his life,

Where days of youth are ground into paychecks.

This sparks mid-life crisis of fast fury,

And ends in a whimper. The sixth age shifts

Into frog shaped bodies and groans of pains,

With glasses on nose and big belly front,

To be at grandchildren's every event,

Carrying old age to oblivion.

Last scene of all that out-does all others,

That ends this strange eventful history,

Is failing organs and a rising care.

Does he become his world at lifetime's end?

His hope drowns as his wife has one more role:

That of the nurse. Passing away, they say,

"His poor wife! For what she had to endure!"

A life of security he did have,

Because the price of freedom was too high.

Never realizing his great potential,

Of dreams, desires, and destinies.

Never admitting this he lies and lies,

Until his last breath of earth. For his life

Was filled with 'honor' betraying no one,

Except himself…

...............Except himself…

.......................................Gone.

:up:

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bass-Turd said:
Dish i really dont know what you mean by that, but i can sense alittle woman bias in that post

My girl is probably the most Idea and goal driven person i have ever met. Sometimes she is even more logical than i am. weird huh? as a man i should be the more logical one.

we are getting married, but i do not see how marriage "robs" time away from me to think and do things
Listen to girl talk, defined as any group of two or more women engaged in casual conversation without any guys in the group. Women talk about their lives and the lives of other people - that's it. They will be telling a story about what they did today or some other day, who they spoke to, what the other person said, what they were thinking; they may say what store they went to, what they bought or wanted to buy, what sale was going on—details of a story (of their life—a person) but not talking about those subjects at length from an intellectual perspective. Or, they will be telling a story of their past. They will talk about their relationships, current and past. If not, they will be detailing some stupid interpersonal drama, giving interpersonal advice, sharing strategies to cope with specific interpersonal situations, or analyzing the traits, habits, personal affects, histories, and so forth, of someone. I have never observed a single qualified exception regardless of their demographic. (I have two smart sisters - one who graduated in the top of her class from the University of Florida in chemical engineering - and even they are no exception.) The only instance women hold a sustained discussion about anything other than "people" is while around men, as if the presence of high testosterone is necessary to direct their minds onto other things. When women talk, they aren't "talking" about anything but rather rubbing their feelings around.

A husband's worst enemy is his cell phone. Why is golf so popular but for men to get away from their wives for a day in the silent absence of cell phones. Think about all the reasons why wives call their husbands: grocery lists, arranging and jumbling schedules, coordinating dropping off and picking up kids from soccer practice, finances, and so forth. The mundane minutiae is liquefying and putrefying. There is no time to think while at work and if you're not at work then it's "relationship time," which is not conducive for solitary thinking.

Just today I happened upon this CNN article aptly dubbed "Why men look for any excuse to get away."
I used to be an interesting person. Not anymore. People with interesting lives have free time -- to ski, travel, help the downtrodden, read, go to museums, and do all the things that interesting people do.

Me? At the end of the day or over the weekend, I'm probably changing the diaper of our 4-month-old while my wife chases our 2 ½-year-old -- who is clutching Magic Markers and "coloring" one of our cats -- around the house. Beyond work and family, the only exciting thing I've got going on is that I recently bought a new toothbrush. You know, one of those fancy ones with the blue-tinted indicator bristles that clean your teeth and massage your gums at the same time.

But it wasn't always this way. A million years ago, I made it through entire days and nights without being covered in baby drool. I could walk to another room uninhibited with responsibility -- and without plotting a strategy first. Yes, once upon a time, I even read books that didn't begin with the phrase "Once upon a time." So when I'm feeling sleep-deprived and exhausted, which is to say every day, I yearn for a few hours -- or even just a few minutes -- of my old carefree life back.

And to get it, I'll admit, I've employed the sort of ethics usually reserved for shoplifters and spammers. For instance, in a seemingly grand gesture of chivalry, I'll say to my wife, Susan, "You know, you deserve a night off from cooking and cleaning." Instead of preparing a meal myself, however, I selflessly offer to go and pick up some takeout. But when I hop into the car to bring back the fast food, I know full well that I'm only in this for the 40-minute round-trip where I can be alone and listen to the radio.
The typical story of middle America.

And finally, how marriage kills creativity:
Men do their best work in their younger years, but getting married and having children stalls their creativity, according to a New Zealand study of successful scientists. Dr Satoshi Kanazawa, a psychologist at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, reports in the August issue of the Journal of Research in Personality that a man's age and unmarried status appear to drive success in his field. His study was based on the analysis of a biographical database of 280 scientists considered 'great' by their colleagues, noting their age at the time when they did their greatest work. He found the data remarkably concurs with the observation made by Albert Einstein in 1942: "A person who has not made his great contribution to science before the age of 30 will never do so."

"Scientific productivity indeed fades with age," Kanazawa said. "Two-thirds [of all scientists] will have made their most significant contributions before their mid-30s." But, regardless of age, the great minds who married virtually kissed goodbye to making any further glorious additions to their CV. Within five years of making their nuptial vows, nearly a quarter of married scientists had made their last significant contribution to knowledge. "Scientists rather quickly desist [from their careers] after their marriage, while unmarried scientists continue to make great scientific contributions later in their lives," said Kanazawa. The energy of youth and the dampening effect of marriage, he added, are also remarkably similar among geniuses in music, painting and writing - and even among criminals. Previous studies have documented that delinquents are overwhelmingly male, and usually start out on the road to crime in their teens. But those who marry will subsequently stop committing crime, whereas criminals at the same age who remain unmarried tend to continue their unlawful careers.

Kanazawa suggests "a single psychological mechanism" is responsible for this: the competitive edge among young men to fight for glory and gain the attention of women. That craving drives the all-important male hormone, testosterone. After a man settles down, the testosterone level falls, as does his creative output, Kanazawa theorises.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:

So you'd like to spend your life with a man?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Listen to girl talk, defined as any group of two or more women engaged in casual conversation without any guys in the group. Women talk about their lives and the lives of other people - that's it. They will be telling a story about what they did today or some other day, who they spoke to, what the other person said, what they were thinking; they may say what store they went to, what they bought or wanted to buy, what sale was going on—details of a story (of their life—a person) but not talking about those subjects at length from an intellectual perspective. Or, they will be telling a story of their past. They will talk about their relationships, current and past. If not, they will be detailing some stupid interpersonal drama, giving interpersonal advice, sharing strategies to cope with specific interpersonal situations, or analyzing the traits, habits, personal affects, histories, and so forth, of someone. I have never observed a single qualified exception regardless of their demographic. (I have two smart sisters - one who graduated in the top of her class from the University of Florida in chemical engineering - and even they are no exception.) The only instance women hold a sustained discussion about anything other than "people" is while around men, as if the presence of high testosterone is necessary to direct their minds onto other things. When women talk, they aren't "talking" about anything but rather rubbing their feelings around.

.htm]marriage kills creativity[/url]:

Couldn't have said it any better.:)